Hondo's Bar

New Forum: Figures, Statues and Collectibles?

Panch

Toy Forum.  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1548.jpg

So it's just a poll, but I was curious what people thought. I know we don't have many threads on the subject, but I think it's ok. The Debate Hall doesn't have much content so why not. I was also thinking of making it a subforum of Sports. What do y'all think?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until we got more threads to toss in there, a sticky thread would be best prolly... I mean, if we did a subforum for it we could also toss in board games, card games, etc. Maybe?

edit- also like Ly said, certain hobbies such as collecting, and such.

Is there really that much demand for it? I can pretty much just imagine it'll be any thread Newt's posted pics in + the Xmas wishlist in pubs. If I'm wrong consider me backing away slowly, but if any part of Hondos needs more traffic/ could house a subforum comfortably it's still the Pimp Hand.

i think starting out a subforum in comics makes sense, the last topic big enough to start its own forum outright was what, science? literature?

though if it is to have any chance of breaking out on its own one day, Ly might be onto something: it could be The Toy Box or whatever weve had in the pubs forever, but open to board games, D&D/warhammer type shit, models, whatever. i dont see anything wrong with the idea, its got just as much merit as the idea of an auto subfourm to sports...but like JZA said, is there sustainable interest?

We already have enough thread we can just grab and start the new subforum.

I say that if we do this that Jza, Panch and myself become Mods for that fourm. (Seeing as the 3 of us are the biggest whores in hondos when it come to buying things)

This place is hard enough to keep track of sometimes. Do we really need more sub-forums? I think this could be discussed in an existing forum tbh. I kind of assumed all games (including WH and D+D) are discussed in Nintendorks and all comic merch is pimped in the fantastic forum. Anything else that doesnt fit in those two could be in pimp hand. I'm all for consolidation rather than variation at this point.

we could just make this thread THE figures thread. i'll start. anyone know where i can get that ghost rider figure in Panch's first post? GR has shitty comics and an even shittier movie, but damn if that ain't one bitchin' lookin' figure.

I not sure but I think I have that one.

If we had a subforum for our hobbies I'll be 100% sure.

I'm not kidding when I say I do think I have that Ghostrider somewhere.

I not sure but I think I have that one.

If we had a subforum for our hobbies I'll be 100% sure.

I'm not kidding when I say I do think I have that Ghostrider somewhere.

Well fer christsakes don't tease me--please, check it out for me, dude! It must've not cost a lot if you can't remember. It's hard to tell from the pick if it's a smaller figure or some kind of statue. I may have to do a ye olde e-bay search for it. Anyone know if they ever made a figure w/ the 90s Dan Ketch hellbike either?

Thanks, but that's not the same figure as the one in the pic I mentioned. Different sculpt and choppe altogether. That looks like one of the Diamond Marvel Select figures, no? Although the bike does have a similar front to the 90s Dan Ketch GR. His bike wasn't a chopper though--at least not originally. It was kinda more like a fatboy Harley-ish type bike.

1247619973.jpg

^^What from your gf or something? Otherwise I'd be on ebay w/ it or maybe turn it into your local shop for store credit or something.

And I answered both my questions--go me.

Pic on the front is actually from the film series of toys. I never saw this one in stores though. A more detailed pic shows the head sculpt it poo, but the bike is nice.

1247621677.jpg

1247594572.jpg

And Marvel has put out 90s Dan Ketch era bikes. But this Marvel Legends S3 fig is a shit face sculpt and the tires on the bike sculpt are kinda lame. Not to mention it's diproprtionately small tot he figure. And most importantly at $20 MOB and around $90 MIB it's way overpriced.

1247554555.jpg

And this "figure factory" one is going for around $10. Didn't those sell for $4-$6 when they first came out?

1247561673.jpg

The figure factory one's tend to cost between $8-20.

As for the rest I never seen them.

Most stores around here will try to rip me off with their so called credit.

And was the GF at the time.

^^all stores do. so if it was free for you just put it towards a fig you actually do want. unless you're holding on to it for sentimental(?) reasons.

hmm...so $10 for a figure factory toy isn't actually overpriced then? i may have to look in to getting one. i just hate buying figs online--always a rip on s&h. $10 i could live w/ for that fig, but $15-17? no sir. that's a mighty mugg and a 3" star trek fig right there. ;)

Archived