Hondo's Bar

Live action Akira!?!?!?!

JunkerSeed

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/357/357213p1.html

WHY?!?!??!?!? God why?  Why couldn't they leave this one alone?  Why remake such a great movie?  More accesible story?  So everything deep will be sucked out of it and it'll be a bunch of motorcycle scenes.  This movie cannot be done live action!  It's friggin obvious!  What the hell do they plan on improving!?  It'll be 90% CG anyways!  What's the goddamned point!?  I would be so much happier if they simply rereleased it in theaters... why can't they just do that?  I will boycott this movie, I wont see it just to see how they portrayed everything.  I will not pay for it, and have them pump out a ghost in the shell remake or something later. :angry:

Well I, for one say bravo, its about goddamn time.

Why, just the other day, i was watchin the live action versions of "Fist of the North Star" & "Dragon Ball", and after beatin off to the live action "La Blue Girl" a few times, i couldnt stop askin m'self: why arent there more of these things out there? I mean, really!

Why not Macross, Ghost in the Shell? hell, let's make sitcoms outta Ranma, Fushigi Yugi, Kenshin, Sailor Moon, etc!

Christ, Junker, maybe if you werent so damn narrow minded, youd appreciate this ever-growing genre for what it truly is:

...the genre that makes me believe that even tho i'd be a talentless hack, yes, even I could direct a movie.  

:arrow:

Well I, for one say bravo, its about goddamn time.

Why, just the other day, i was watchin the live action versions of "Fist of the North Star" & "Dragon Ball", and after beatin off to the live action "La Blue Girl" a few times, i couldnt stop askin m'self: why arent there more of these things out there? I mean, really!

Why not Macross, Ghost in the Shell? hell, let's make sitcoms outta Ranma, Fushigi Yugi, Kenshin, Sailor Moon, etc!

Christ, Junker, maybe if you werent so damn narrow minded, youd appreciate this ever-growing genre for what it truly is

sarcasm

\Sar"casm\, n. [F. sarcasme, L. sarcasmus, Gr. sarkasmo`s, from sarka`zein to tear flesh like dogs, to bite the lips in rage, to speak bitterly, to sneer, fr. sa`rx, sa`rkos, flesh.]

A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a cutting jest.

Syn: Satire; irony; ridicule; taunt; gibe.

:D

:p

hahahaha....I had to laugh...

but sometimes the series sucks like look at tomb raider dude I thought the movie was going to be sooo much better.... GRRR

anyways....they might do something good I mean I hope they do cause Akira rocks and it would be a shame if they mess it up like that...

:::Shameless plug:::

Come kick up your feet let down your hair and relax in the Taps of life in the Druken Bar.....where the men are nice and the glasses are clean... where the drinks are sweet and there are umbrellas in ur drink... where the wine flows like water and (yes we serve water) the people know your name...in The Taps Of Life....

• 12 years later...

This is the closest I could find to an Akira anime thread.

I picked this up on bluray last month on the cheap and decided to finally give it a go last night.

Ho-ly fuck, so that was pretty amazing. It was like a combination of Blade Runner, Chronicle and 2001: A Space Odyssey, along with some of the most beautiful animation I've ever seen. I could watch a gif of those light trails on loop for hours.

akira1.jpg

I'm going to pick up the manga soon and see how they compare.

Evangelion is near the top of my "to watch" list along with Cowboy Bebop, what other classic anime would ye recommend?