Hondo's Bar

Rescue Me

The NZA

p7088138.jpg

....is anyone else watching this? Dennis Leary was fun in "The Job", wish ida caught more of that one.

So, here, he plays an Irish firefighter, with a bit of a drinkin problem, and some haunting memories of 9-11. I'm only 2 episdoes in, but im hooked...obviously, im biased, as the subject material is mad appealing for me.

Just wanted to know if anyone else was into this one...wish i could find an mpeg of just the series intro.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

:D Well, last night was the 12th episdoe, next week's the season finale!

For those interested, ive got a DVD with the first 10 episodes on disc, :D enjoyed this one too. Again, its not as serious a drama as, say, "The Shield", but if you enjoyed Leary's short-lived NYPD show "The Job", like i did, this one's really great.

Thank god, it just got signed for a second season. :D

One of the series' more Preacher-esque moments, when Tommy (Leary) talks to an Irish priest in a nearby cathedral about 9-11:

"My cousin, the priest, said its because its all apart of God's plan, like God's got a plan. Ya know what? There is a God...he's got awhole shitload of explaining to do.

wallpaper2_800x600.jpg

yes, there's a lot of "shit" ing and a whole lotta sex, but not much boobalah. There's a gay black midget as of last episode, tho, and Denis Leary is the fuckin shit in this show.

I didnt realize it before, but he actually lost his cousin/best friend as a firefighter a few years back, so Leary has a vested interest in this kind of thing: he runs The Leary Firefighters assocation, raising money for fire departments to use better/safer equipment, its a really good cause: http://www.learyfirefightersfoundation.org/

Politics aside...again, its dark, but heavy on the comedy, and shows a lot of what life in the firehouse is like, rather than just glorifying/hero worship like say Backdrat, or what ive herad of Ladder 41 (that new travolta one). Its good to see some actual character, but man, goin into this season finale, there's mad :D !

Holy shit, the season finale was...really somethin'.

Ok, so i think its 13 episodes for the season, cant wait for the DVD (much less next season, kinda left me hangin here)....again, ive got the first 10 on a dvd disc, the other 3 on my drive, gonna try to toss em on disc soon...anyone who's up for this, lemme know, i really love this show, but man, this last episode put me through the wringer. :D

21-13121-sm.jpg

Holy shit, the season finale was...really somethin'.

Ok, so i think its 13 episodes for the season, cant wait for the DVD (much less next season, kinda left me hangin here)....again, ive got the first 10 on a dvd disc, the other 3 on my drive, gonna try to toss em on disc soon...anyone who's up for this, lemme know, i really love this show, but man, this last episode put me through the wringer. :D

21-13121-sm.jpg

PLEASE tell me you can burn me a disc of this! I managed to find 1-5 on torrents... but now I'm stuck and can't find anything else before seven. Tommy was getting his ass kicked by a bunch of accountants, last I saw, and I need to know what happens next, man!

Damn if this ain't like crack.

And I'll tell ya what... I've got iMovie and Toast on my computer... I'll see what I can do about making a proper VCD for each episode with a menu and chapters and stuff. Just help a brotha out here!

-DG

Hah...cool, glad to see some interest!

Well, DG, i got episodes 1-10 on a DVD (can you read that?), the last 3 on my drive, just debating if i should make em 3 seperate discs or just one more dvd, might do the later. Lemme know what format you can go for, and the menu thing sounds like itd be cool...i really wish FX would announce a season 1 set soon tho.

Man, it gets crazy after that fight, too!

Hah...cool, glad to see some interest!

Well, DG, i got episodes 1-10 on a DVD (can you read that?), the last 3 on my drive, just debating if i should make em 3 seperate discs or just one more dvd, might do the later.  Lemme know what format you can go for, and the menu thing sounds like itd be cool...i really wish FX would announce a season 1 set soon tho.

Man, it gets crazy after that fight, too!

I can read DVDs, just can't write them.

I can make the menus, but either torrent the results or put them one to a CD.

How can I get these from you?

-DG

• 1 month later...

Shit, sorry gyp-o, in the process of movin and im still tryin to get some blank DVD's.....i got one copy goin, it holds 1-10, the last 3 gotta go on seperate CD's it seems...man, i wanna share this one tho. Tell you waht: im told the actual DVD set is do out in a bit, if i aint got it perfected by then, ill just burn you that....sound good?

• 5 months later...

ps dirty gypsy - sorry i took forever and a day, ill mail out the ones i got now if you want my copies. Again, theyre either mpegs or xvid, all great quality, on a single DVD disc and like 2 more CD's for the finale. I can also include a disc for whatever codecs/plugins youd need to watch them on your PC, theyre digial quality & im all about spreadin the show so lemme know man. :fuming:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...