Hondo's Bar

Rescue Me

The NZA

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On its way now...

again, it was an eventful one, a lotta shit that went down in season 1's finale got addressed here...the only sucky thing about the torrents is they dont always have next week's preview, and it looks like another heated one comin up....

LL, im bout to call your folks for real. I wanna talk to someone here bout this, even in spoiler tags. Hurry up and watch my season 1 DVD...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Leary is the fucking man. Loved no cure for cancer and kept seeing this fireman show being advertised but never paid it any mind. Well after reading you guys going apeshit over it i figured i'd give it a try (I'm i sucka for peer preasure, what with smoking, top class H, Thai hookers and now TV shows, i'll try anything once). Top fucking show. Course i didn't have much of a Scooby as to what was going on, but i'll be watching next week. Know any good sights to give me a run down as to what has gone before? Hope so.

Cougar - definitely rent season 1 DVD set soon if youre inclined, season 2's a bit confusing without it.

LL - No, i must have them to put to disc, cause it takes FX too long to put things on DVD, and this way when the season's done, i can offer all kids of people to watch season 2 as well who wont do so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got done watching season one on dvd. fucking funny. Any scene w/ Franco in is great and Leary is still the man. I wanna dog named Arsehole and i think that someone should talk to ben and jerry about making a "mint pussy" flavor. Now i just need to catch up w/ season 2. I've been pulling a lot of nights recently and keep missing it. Brief plot synopsis anyone?

awright, someone went & watched it besides me and Gypsy!

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Season 2 starts putting back the pieces together....ah, ya gotta see it. As of last week, its 7 episodes in, and its movin right along - generally, when the season's done, ill make copies (ive downloaded em each week) and see if i can get em out there since FX takes so long for the DVD releases....meantime, check Isohunt (do you use bittorrent?), thats where i get my new ones from...it airs tuesday nights, its up there by weds afternoon.

theyre 350 MB each, so if i had an easier way to get em to you, i would....lemme know.

So, IC, as fireguy, does the show pretty much ring true? Would ya let the other guys on your crew beat the crap outta ya for messing around? But more importantly are you working on your alcohol intake and wisecracks?

That ending did, kinda bite for o' Tommy and from the clips i've seen from season 2 it don't look like it's handling it too well. I'll check out the downloads, thanks :2T:

So, IC, as fireguy, does the show pretty much ring true?

i think its accurate, way more so than hero worship like Ladder 49 - you can tell theyve talked to different NY houses to get soem of the material.

Would ya let the other guys on your crew beat the crap outta ya for messing around?  But more importantly are you working on your alcohol intake and wisecracks? 

for what tommy did, yes. Also, yes, and yes. :2T:

Lou is the shit. I forget hsi first scene in season 2, but wait till he starts fueding with a squad member...its great.

"youre like this goddess of pork prodcuts..."

Yeah, Tommy's my boy. I think its awesome that his brother's the irish guy from Oz, too.

• 6 months later...

Awesome, i made another fan...glad you liked it so much. Season 1 was like Tommy's downward spiral, 2 was the climb back up...

Season 2 just got listed on Amazon.com for $35, over here, comes out May 9th, which means season 3 should start right around then over here, too.

well, the extras are basically Leary & Tolan (writers) talking about ideas & pitches, not bad but nothin amazing, so its basically if you like the show or not...i forget how much The Shield goes for, but $30-40 per season of this show, assuming youre a fan, strikes me as fair, so yeah, i think its a great set.

• 2 weeks later...

i was askin baytor the same thing, he's better with this stuff...ive heard april, mebbe later, i think FX had it giong around that time last year, but then again if season 2 dvd set isnt out till may, im guessing that month might be more accurate.

• 1 month later...