Hondo's Bar

1001 ways you know you play Final Fantasy to much

Newtype

Here is how this thread works, we post reasons according to this subject and when we get to 1001 we celebrate with whatever you mods can think of. Make sure after you post to check over it to make sure you got you numbers right. I'll go first

1.If somehow you have found some Final Fantasy X bed spread with matching pillows.

2.You make your own gunblade

3.You wear a shirt that says Aeris R.I.P

4.If you legally change your name to Zidane

5.If you dye your skin blue and grow red dreadlocks.

6.When playing a zombie game like Resident Evil, you shout "LIFE, LIFE!"

7.If you have everyone in FFX fill every grid on the sphere grid.

final7.gifclo.gif

Edited by newtype

8. You name every character you play in every game, forum, and chatroom some variant of Cloud, Sephiroth, or Tidus

9. You cry in the shower when you think about Aeris

10. More space is dedicated to FF emulators, icons, wallpapers, and media (sound bits, music, art, videos) than anything else

11. Every conversation you have with people is about how badass you are or how hot the game chicks are

12. You have a blackmage cosplay coustume in your closet

13. You have been to every FF concert

14. You tell your co-op partner to 'Rez' you

15. You have a life-size blow up doll of Lulu :)

21) When that guy's phone went off with the victory theme in advent children, you thought it was yours.

22) you actually buy all the FF anthology re-releases (even the GBA ones), despite having beaten them all on fansub'd emulators.

23) You played the import FF V while we were still messing with cartridges (that's hardcore)

24) you know the "other" ending to FF IX.

25) you're one of the people who actually fell for/tried the "quests" for an underwater materia in FF VII (hell, beating the weapons alone should put you on this list) thinking it would save Aeris/bring her back. Dumbass.

15. You have a life-size blow up doll of Lulu :yup:

.... :)

26. Your CD collection includes any or all of the original sountracks of all the FF, the remixes, and the fan techno mixes

27. You have the FFIX Pepsi commencials (or was that coke?) downloaded on your hardrive

28. Took offense at the fan-works that theorized the homosexual Cloud-Sephiroth connection

29. Spend a good portion of your paycheck to buy gil for FFXI

25) you're one of the people who actually fell for/tried the "quests" for an underwater materia in FF VII (hell, beating the weapons alone should put you on this list) thinking it would save Aeris/bring her back. Dumbass.

Haha, I dunno why I decided to beat Emerald Weapon except for bragging rights :)

34) Normal people named Vincent, Rosa, Maria, Cecil, Terra, Cara, Lulu, and Guy give you funny looks when you start talking about their exploits.

35) You don't need a strategy guide to quote HP of various monsters

36) You spend hours practicing fan arrangements of music from final fantasy on your instrument

37) You spend hours practicing the *real* arrangements of music from FF on your instrument.

38) You spend hour practicing the music of FF on an instrument you've never played before in your life.

39. You investigate the voice actors careers and rent all thier works

40. You start comparing FF characters to thier real live pop-star models

41. You can sing all the words to the japanese radio theme song releases

42. You have a cardboard cutout of the busterblade complete with material slots :ohface:

44. You vocally reproduce the fanfare when you beat someone in a fighter or FPS

45. You are looking up game easter eggs online during your lunchtime at work

46. If you contribute to a thread such as this.

47. If you've ever engaged in the ultimate FF fan **** waving contest: "I've beaten more FF games than you (and I did it better than you)."

48. You can understand obscure references to FF games that haven't even been released in the US.

49. When you play through the game a second time you save at different parts because that part of the story is cool and you want easy access to it

50. When you complain an FF game sucks but you played and beat it anyways

51. You've learned a lot about ancient mythlogical creatures and gods from the summons and enemies

950 more to go. Think we'll make it.

52. you complain about these "new-school" ff fans who dont remember what the series was like before CG, or when the music was actually fitting, etc - you know, VI and before.

53. you use the japanese numbering - there was no FF II for SNES.

54. youve actually invested a portion of your life into "maxing out" your characters, i.e.,, level 99, or 999,999 XP total.

Bonus points if you did this for a non-16 bit chapter.

54. youve actually invested a portion of your life into "maxing out" your characters, i.e.,, level 99, or 999,999 XP total.

Bonus points if you did this for a non-16 bit chapter.

:):yup: :yup:

55 . when you hear the sound "kweh" and you run around looking for the chocobo

56. when you and your buddy get into an argument over which FF chars can beat which. http://www.hondosbar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=775

57. when you pick up a chefs knife and poke people with it while saying "doink!" then expect them to die.

58. when youre playing spiderman and wondering why he doesnt teleport around the city zapping people instead of swinging and beating people up.

59. when you start to breed chickens to grow them into chocobo weapons to take over the world.

60. when instead of saying thank you , you say "kupo"

Edited by newtype

61. you ever found yourself wandering around a game for more than 10 minutes, hunting cactrots.

62. you actually found a use for spells like "sleep".

63. you've named a pet after a character, like this cat i had, aeris.

64. youve actually written essays for college level courses on the dichotomy that is cloud/sephiroth.

65. you actually wrote a letter to Square back in the day when they had that US office & demanded a SNES release of FF V.

66. you actually beat Chaos in FF I...seriously, props.

67. When and if you ran into Death machine (which is about a one in a thousand near the end of the game), and you beat him on the first try. you go out and make yourself a custom trophy to reward yourself . (Now that is hardcore) thumbsup.gif

Edited by newtype

68. You play in shifts between work and sleep with a friend or family member

69. You play in shifts between work and sleep with a stranger!

70. Not only did you unlock secret characters but you max them out, get all thier side quests, AND get thier secret weapons

71. FF cellphone wall papers anyone?

75) You walk around depressed areas trying to get into random battles.

76) You spend all day in a soul destroying number crunching job, hoping a kick ass cut-scene is around the corner.

77) You sort your wallet into credit card, cash, magic, item and weapon sections.

78) You walk into other people's houses and open their chests.

haha...that last one always gets me, in RPG's. On one hand, youre in the last part of the game - clearly, only your squad is gonna save shit - and townspeople still wanan charge you out the ass, like dirty capitalistic pigs.

But then, you commit like 1,000 counts of attempted B&E throughout the course of said game, so it basically breaks even.

79. you get one of these SXRK8014577151120345043-big.jpg

80. if you have/had owned final fantasy jewelery (I'm looking your way IC)

81. When you know what Odin, Gungir, Sleipnir, the Midgard Sormr and Yggdrasil are, but you've never even heard of Frigg, Tyw or Loki.

82. You make a post on a fan forum detailing 1001 ways in which you know you're addicted

83. You did something for your girlfriend (significant other), which made her so happy that she jumped and threw her arms around you, and in your mind all you could hear was the Victory Fanfare.

84. Whenever someone talks about a cloud (In the sky) and you anwser somthing like "Yeah his sword is cool!!!"

85. If you try to beat up your friends for EXP

86.If the soundtrack in your head changes whenever you enter a new area

87. If all your friends know everything about your favourite Final Fantasy despite the fact none of them ever played the game.

88. If you try to jump off a cliff because you think an invisible force field is there. And then you die

89. After someone else pulls that stunt, you try to save them with a Phoenix Down

90. You start carrying around marbles and saying it's your orb of light or materia

91. When you get to level 99 on Final Fantasy V....(and that's saying something)

92. When asked why you beat someone up you say "I needed the 15 AP so I could master the use of stashing megaelixirs"

93. When you threaten people with "Bitch, don't make me cast reflect and bounce ultima off my party."

94.When you're in the military and everytime you hear RPG you think Final fantasy games, while everyone else thinks rocket propelled grenade

95. When you watch Advent Children and die inside after the realisation that Tifa isn't real

96. When you actually try to summon espers...(I mean I know if I try harder Bahamut will appear)

97. When you wish that people would change clothes like in FF X-2

98. When you suggest #97 to a friend who is a girl, and knows what you mean and then she slaps you on the face.

99. After doing #98 you try to cast cure on yourself, but wonder why it still hurts

100. If you've been asked who would win, a ninja or a shaolin monk, you say "that's a tough one... Ninjas have the Utsusemi advantage, but monks do some crazy damage. I guess the monks, since ninjas have low VIT, and they'd get hit while trying to bring Utsusemi back up..."

101. If you understood the above

102. When Final Fantasy was the Key factor in deciding your future

103. If you start a new game of FFI and beat it all in one sitting before you realize you've forgotten to turn the TV on.

104. When throwing firecrackers at people's house in the middle of the night, you yell out the names of FF spells

105. You drink a bottle of hair tonic thinking it'll restore your health. You end up in the hospital the next day after getting your stomach pumped

106. If you stand round silently, arms folded leaning against a wall thinking "Man, I'm soooo like Auron now"

107. Hit someone with a stick and scream out "Zombie!!!"

108. If you see a train pulling into a station and yell, "It's the Phantom Train! Run for your lives!"

109. When you take a black rock and try to call forth a meteor to destroy the world

110. If you compare Microsoft with Shinra

111. If you wonder why everyone complains about Edward being weak when in YOUR game he can kill the Antlion in one hit

112. you play sid meier's civilization and name the cities after FF towns, complete with landmarks (Esthar has an observatory, Besaid is an island, and Nibelheim is beside a snowy mountain) and have your very own FF world map.

113. When you stare at the screen playing it the whole day and when someone tell you to turn it off you either don't listen or act like a angry tiger (WOW!! that sound's like IC)

114. you use rpg maker to make an ff game cause you got all the time in the world

115. When you see someone you don't like you get a stick, pretend it's a sword and a say: Back off malboro!!!

116. you've pictured an FF character while having sex (One I'm not guilty of, but know someone who is)

117. if you work out what level you are in real life and how much exp you need to level up and you go on to the street and beat random people up

118. when people ask you your name you wait for the little box to turn up to write it into.

119. You constantly look up at the sky yelling "Arg! Sector 7!" or "Holy Shiznit! Meteor!"

120. When someone compliments your FF costume and you say "costume?"

Edited by newtype

95. When you watch Advent Children and die inside after the realisation that Tifa isn't real

:sad:

108. If you see a train pulling into a station and yell, "It's the Phantom Train! Run for your lives!"

haha..that was awesome.

since were borrowing from some of my experiences, anyway...

121. you actually skipped your college algebra midterm because of FF VII's release date.

122. you found yourself in said professor's office the following night, horribly confused that this was somehow not excusable, poiting to ads, sales figures, and, uh, jewelry.

124. acting sick,not going to school, run to the mall, buy copy of FFVII, stay home for the rest of the week playing.

125. Getting chewed out by parent's and teacher's for said actions. Pointing out that public school is more important then a game.

126. Getting grounded for pointing out public school is a joke and you learn more from said game then a public school lacky.

Edited by newtype