Hondo's Bar

1001 ways you know you play Final Fantasy to much

Newtype

130. If you see everyone as a part of one of the final fantasy series

131.When you're thinking hard and that thought turns into a daydream of you being in final fantasy

132.When you stare at your cat/ a cat for ages and then ask: Where's your pompom kupo?

133.When you post in an FF Forum just because it is an FF Forum

134.when you lit fire using a match you yell fira then get really excited because you thought you could do magic.

135.you try and find a chocobo egg on ebay but give up and buy an ostich egg instead...

136.When being ambushed by thugs you hold your shoulders waiting to escape.

137.When said thugs are muggers and take your stuff you yell "oh S**T! that was my last elixer!

138.When you try to soft reset so you can try the battle with muggers again

139.When you see a black cat and go "OMG! Cait Sith! Where's the Mog?"

140.When you take the cat and attach it to a oversized novelty mog that you created and give it a megaphone

141.On an official form, you give your religion as Yu Yevon (guilty)

142.when you are having a bad day you yell out "ultima!"

143.when you lose sleep because the new FF has been out for 1 day and you haven't got it yet

144.When your girlfriend comes over and see all the bottles of piss you have accumulated because you have to use the bathroom during every single FMV

145.when all your freinds brothers and family knows all about ff and they have never played it

145.When you let the clock start over TWICE!

146.If you think a Burger King crown has magical abilities

146.If you call the biggest tree in your backyard the Tree of the Void

147.If you think a solo monk game of FFI sounds like a fun little walk in the park

148.If you attempt to cast Stop on other people during a race

149.If you're an insomniac and try to cast Sleep on yourself

150. If you try to cast Blizzaga on the roads leading to your school so you can have a snow day (It's worth a shot, tho I do in Florida)

151.When you wander who cast thundaga when theres a storm on outside

152.When you read mythology and say 'Hey, that was in FF'(guilty)

153.When you wake your roomate up at 5:30 in the morning by laughing when you read chicken-wuss (guilty)

154.When you stare at siad roomate and shout Kupo (guilty)

155.When your AIM icon is a Chocobo

156.When you get offended when someone calls it a chicken

157.Then you argue with them for 30 minutes about why it's not a chicken

158.When you recognize an FF song, game it comes from, and when it happens in the game, from one note (guilty)

160.When you stop whatever you're doing when you hear FF music and follow it to it's source

161.When you forego sleep to play FF (guilty)

162.when you use examples from FF in actual debates on stuff like religion or politics(and yes there is one similar but I think it said something about actual quotes and not just reference... Xenogears works better then most FF's for this sort of stuff. But some FF's can work darn well in discusions like that).

163. When you spend alot of time reading into the game, and then discuss those points with yourself

164.When you quote FF games but don't tell people, and they think you're a genius for coming up with it such as "Right and wrong are not what seperate us from our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that seperate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

165. When you can write down a quote that long straight from memory

Edited by newtype

166. You remember all the details in 1 FF game and when they are rapidly mentioned in another FF you immediately remember them and you go AWWW......

167. if you go into a pet shop and ask if they have any oglogs or moogles on sale

168. you get told you have 3 days to live and you say "shoit! i better start playing all the ff games again!"

169. When you think that blindness, death, zombied and being turned into stone are all happily curiable illnesses.

170. When you can post more and more of these without thnking

171. When you either force your friends to like FF or get new friends

172. When you fill 1GB mp3 with nothing but with final fantasy music. (guilty, and proud of it)thumbsup.gif

23) You played the import FF V while we were still messing with cartridges (that's hardcore)

BWAHAHA!!!!!!! I played through that shit when I didn't even know ANY Japanese.

173. When you STILL haven't gotten over Aeris' death! (Pansy)

174. If you have had a debate that almost came to blows over whether or not FFVIII sucked compared to all the rest.

175. If you knew all the Japanese spell names before they got adopted over here.

176. You have played through any single FF more than twice.

177. You buy doujinshi like this:7e.jpg

178.You have ever written a FF fanfic.

179. And it was lemon.

180. and even better had the hottest chicks from each game getting it on (Tifa x Lulu :blink:)

181. Can possibly explain this: feb04-04.jpg

182.Bought the US release of the FFIII soundtrack by mail order back in the day. (point of pride)

Haven't done even most of those, well, maybe 1/2.

Edited by bishopcruz

182.Bought the US release of the FFIII soundtrack by mail order back in the day. (point of pride)

Did the same thing and I got the poster while I was at it. Funny thing is that I ordered the soundtrack before I played the game. Wish more games came with catalogs to order stuff.

184. When you have dreams about the characters. Highly detailed dreams...

185. When you keep coming up with more when you thought you had run out.

186. When you quote FF in English class (guilty)

187. When you need FF like druggies need drugs

188. when you reinact scenes

189. when you get sent to an insane asylum and wait for seph/jenova (whatever) to break you out. (Which would be half the people on ths board)

190. when you go to a school reunion and kill anyone with silver/ white long hair

191. When you refer to your money as gil

192. When you want to train your pet dog to use moves such at doggie strike or invincible moon!

193. When you think the lock-ness monster is sin.

194. When you pick up a sword or whip and think you have unlimited abilities with the weapon because of playing ff.

195. when you wander the streets finding items to help you in your daily life

196. When you fall asleep with the controller in your hand

197. When you wake up and resume playing from where you left off.

198. When engaged in a fight you patiently wait for your ATB gauge to fill whilst your unwitting opponent beats you to a pulp laughing his ass off

199. When you tell your doctor to give you an elixir

200. When they say they don't have one, you ask for a potion instead

201. When final fantasy can change the way you look at life and so, try to take things in a differant perspective

202. when you buy ornamental materia off ebay and when it arrives try to cast knights of the round summon...someday

203. When you can give the exact location of any secret location in FF without ever looking at one strategy book. (guilty)

204. Your friends have beaten you up as soon as you mention FF

205. You yell at the characters when playing the game because they've done something you find wrong and then goes off to tell some poor family member about it

206. When your friend ask you if Cloud even is a real person you go; "Well, duuuuuh!"

207. Then starts crying hysterically

208. You quote the characters in real life.

209. when you dress up in something light such as a shirt, tank top, miniskirt, shorts or anything else skimpy when running around in

a) snow

b) hot desert

c) office tower

210. You get hold of every Final Fantasy from 1 to 11 and resolve to play each one consecutively ... (Tho with part three I wish could read Japanese)

211. When you begin to dream that you ARE the characters in the game in specific areas in the game that you liked

212. When you debate with other FF fans on who is the hotter characters (which for some reason we did at a few dork party's. It was the booze that make us do it at least I think it was the booze.)

213. When you try to take materia from off of ebay and put it in your arm like AC and start to get mad when it won't dematerialize into your arm and start to glow

214. When you take marbles to do the same as above

215. When you go around calling people chicken-wuss's cause you thought it was the funniest thing ever and claimed it was your own insult

216. When you think that the next greatest thing that could be created is a Final Fantasy Amusement Park thats as big as Disney Land

217. When you design posters for this amusement park

218. When you wonder if this amusement park would have a gaming area to play other ff gamers

219. when you dont care if this amusment park had rides at all as long as you could dress up as one of your favorite characters and show your skills off to other players at a gaming tent

220. when your art teacher says that you cant draw anymore ff characters or related characters because you've managed to manipulate every project to include ff in it (guilty)

221. when your whole house is dedicated to ff memoriablia and every piece of funiture is someting realted to ff

222. You whistle the battle victory theme after finshing any meaningless task

223. or the chocobo success song in ff7

224. You miss your best friends wedding cause you just played and beat all ff games in six days without sleeping and needed a day to rest

225 ...you beat the games twice

226. you were the best man ( or maid of honor )

227. you were also incharge of the rings

228. when you realize your best friend missed your wedding because he beat all the games twice in six days you say to yourself....man i wish i woulda thought of that, thats freaking awesome!!!

229. you then spend five days of your honeymoon trying to beat your bestfriends record

230. your spouse proceeds to leave you but you continue to play anyways cause your about to finish FFX

231. OR you ( the spouse ) try to beat that record and try and do it in four days and never got upset at your spouse for playing ff instead of going to the beach in Barbados which you are in.

232. Your honeymoney was a ff convention in which you both got to dress up.

233. Your dressing up to the convention was actually what your wore on your wedding day

234. Your whole wedding was based on ff

235. you manage to convince your parents to dress up as ff characters

236. Its actually mandatory for everbody to dress up as ff at your wedding

237. The exchanging of rings is the rings in FFX

238. When walking down the isle after your married the victory theme song is played.

239. Your carage is an ostrich painted yellow

240. You dont ask for gifts only gil

241. Your actually dream to have a wedding like this

242. Your ACTUALLY planning a wedding like this

243. When your wedding dress is the same one as in FFX that Yuna wears

244. when you've written as many as i have just now without having any problem doing so!

How the hell did I come up with this shit. I think I've been playing FF a little to much. I need a break after I beat FFVII one more time.

245. You look at yourself in the mirror wondering how your face might look in any of the FF games.

246. You think about what special ability or attack you would have if you were in an FF game.

247. You make up scenarios in your head about what happened to Cloud and Tifa after the credits have rolled.

248. You are STILL determined to find that secret strategy to bring Aeris back to life.

249. You spend hours with a yardstick or toy swoard trying to master victory poses of Cloud, Squall, and other FF characters.

250. Your sketchbook is littered with drawing of past, present and your own FF characters.

Square Enix has enlisted beverage maker Suntory to develop a Final Fantasy XII themed drink to coincide with the Japanese release of the game next spring. The product is said to incorporate elements of herbal tea and Square Enix is calling it "potion" for now. Planned quantities of this special edition drink have not been released, but they will most assuredly be in short supply. There are currently no announcements about a U.S. release so get ready to pull the importing trigger.

252. You start E-mailing Square Enix 50 times everyday to release FF potions cause the guy down the street with the silver hair keep's beating you up.

Final Fantasy XII Potion

Edited by newtype

254. When you can receit all the characters in order of appearence from the first to last game

255. When you can receit the characters names in alphabetical order

256. Including characters that are in item shops. weapon shops ect.

257. At the end of every FF game you start to cry

258. Even when you've already played the game 5 times

259. At the end of AC you cryed and gave a round of applause

260. You where watching the movie alone when you did that

• 4 weeks later...

yeah you guys pretty much said everything that came to my mind for FF games...

This thread definitely pulled an all nighter. I got off this the same way I got off when I finally successfully bread a GOlden Chocobo to get the Knights of the ROund summon Materia (that shyt was f*** magical) or the way I got off when Cloud made an oh so sexy lady and was taken back to that guy's room (oh yea!) or the way I got off when I saw the intro to both FF7 and FF8. or... the way I got off when I learned that f*** Jeckt shot which made it possible to actually WIN my first Blitz game (which I got addicted to, You can't like that silly underwater game without having the Jeckt shot. If you do then YOU're F*** amazing)

BUt yeah, this thread f*** owns any FF game forum I've ever read. ^_^

Cheers to FF fans everywhere!

This thread definitely pulled an all nighter. I got off this the same way I got off when I finally successfully bread a GOlden Chocobo to get the Knights of the ROund summon Materia (that shyt was f*** magical) or the way I got off when Cloud made an oh so sexy lady and was taken back to that guy's room (oh yea!) or the way I got off when I saw the intro to both FF7 and FF8. or... the way I got off when I learned that f*** Jeckt shot which made it possible to actually WIN my first Blitz game (which I got addicted to, You can't like that silly underwater game without having the Jeckt shot. If you do then YOU're F*** amazing)

I can sympathize. It was a bitch and a half to breed those Gold Chocobos in FF7! I remember I would get frustrated and hit the reset button over and over again, but it was worth it in the end. I practically salivated when I got the Knights of the Round materia and used it for the first time. I also remember what a bitch it was to beat Emerald and Ruby Weapons. Emerald was an especially bad bitch to beat cuz it took me forever to find the guidebook to get the Underwater materia that cancels out the 20:00 minute time limit to beat him.

In FF10, the Jecht shot was also a bitch to get too. I had to consult a FAQ to figure out that you had to make the words disappear with the buttons, not move the ball as I thought. I also sucked at Blitz Ball before I got it, and now I've won every game ever since.

Oh here's some more:

261. You have sexual fantasies involving various FF characters like Tifa, Aeris, and Lulu (and for the ladies, Tidus, Edgar, and some others)

262. You try to think of and design plots and scenarios for Part 2s of existing FF games.

263. You compare any other non-FF RPG game you play to FF.

264. You spend more hours playing Blitzball in FF10 than it takes you to play and beat the rest of the game!

265. You've actually balled your eyes out during death scenes like Tellah from FF4 or Aeris from FF7.

247. You make up scenarios in your head about what happened to Cloud and Tifa after the credits have rolled

Yeah... As a chick you make up a really romantic scenario. Also for FF8 ending (we all want to think they all made sweet sweet love, hahaha....)

266. When you seriously go out of your way to get ALL if not MOST of the stones and ultimate weapons for each of your FFX characters.

267. Especially LULU's... omfg. Dodging lightning 200 times!

268. When you go into work earlier than usual so you can print out FFX strategyguide, along with "borrowing" a binder to keep the couple hundred some pages organized and then printing out a really cool picture to put in the front of the binder

269. Cry when you realize you don't have access to color printer, so now you have to settle with the black and white FFX front cover

270. Despite having printed out your own strategyguide, you find out G4 TV's CHEAT has a special on FFX secrets, you will miss going to class so you can try out some of the hints.

271. When you reffer any FFs as a great read. ^_^

Edited by Senshik

Especially LULU's... omfg. Dodging lightning 200 times! ^_^

I somehow pulled that one off.

I also remember what a bitch it was to beat Emerald and Ruby Weapons. Emerald was an especially bad bitch to beat cuz it took me forever to find the guidebook to get the Underwater materia that cancels out the 20:00 minute time limit to beat him.

I beat Emerald by dumb luck. I forgot to take cait sith out of my party when the fight started. I was going to reset but I said what the hell and went for it. I had his limit break at full and used it. I somehow got Instant victory on my first shot. It was the one and only time I ever got the Instant victory limit break. Ruby on the other hand took a while to beat but damn what a great feeling.

272. When you believe that you can jump into the t.v. or computer screen while playing the game to be a part of the game

273. When you actually try to do this

274. When you actually try to do this more than once and end up getting a huge bruse on your head

275. When you already own a copy of FFIV for the PS1 but you still went out and got a copy for the Gameboy cause it's FF. (Yeah, i'm guilty of this one)

276. When you know all the lyrics to the opera house scene

277. When you neglect normal bodily functions 'til you finish "the next part"

278. When you start using FF characters gestures instead of your own (sephiroth:haha head down, haha hand in air and hand on chest, nod back and forth once lol)

279. When you start to get frustrated cause you cant think of anymore things to type on this thing :yup:

280. When you begin to cry at the thought of FF games being banned, or all being desroyed :yup:

281. To think that it's even possible to think of 1001 ways to know if you play too much Final Fantasy.

282. when you start thinking you see moogles in your back yard hunting your garden gnombs.

• 4 weeks later...

283. When you're best freind calls you on the phone wanting to talk about girl stuff, but you're too busy concentrating on your game, only to have her say: "Damn it kerstin! Are you listening to me!? WHat were the last two words I said!?" ... Um... Joe something. Something about JOE! "ARE YOU PLAYING YOUR LITTLE VIDEO GAME AGAIN!?" Um, NO I'm listening to you! I SWEAR! .............. Okay fine, yes I am. Can I call you back? (man that was clever, I'm such bad freind to her... >_:)

• 3 months later...
27. You have the FFIX Pepsi commencials (or was that coke?) downloaded on your hardrive

It was coke btw.

284. Selling out your boyfriend(sex). But then decide to see him anyway to get laid. Getting laid and telling him your going home to continue to play. Thanks for the sex and the sandwich!

I need to find a girlfriend just like you. The last one hated video games. I'm at the store trying to buy one and she's like no I can't buy it. I'm like what. She's going on an on. Finally I had it with her and I just said. "Bitch it's my money. I worked hard for it and I'm going to buy what I want." She never did tell me why she hated them.

Edited by newtype

285. when you let your hair go insanely long, dye it black, buy a one handed shotgun thingy, buya red cloak and turn it to rags, buy a new golden hand, buy a red hairband, rename yourself vincent, and run around the street pretending to be a demon

286. When you watch AC in the morning and before you go to bed and if you dont you cant sleep

287. You call your girlfriend by the name of Aeris and she breaks up with you because she thinks your cheating on her.

288. When you see people in black trench coats and chase them around with your replica of Buster Sword claiming them to be sephiroth. I keep thinking of Jax for some reason.

289. When you and some friends can re-inact the entire FF7 game wth no script.

290. When you cry whenever you Aeris' theme cos you think of her dying and it still makes you sad