• Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome thread, longtime comin Sig.

i would like:

P-90

275px-Fn_p90_right.jpg

Gerber Mark II

350px-Gerbermkii.jpg

seriously tho, ive been thinking id like to have a carrying knife, just cant figure out which is best. I was all jealous of leon kennedy (anyone play resident evil 4?)'s shoulder knife sheath, that's just awesome.

lemme know what you think....anyway, ive thought down the road when i could afford it & a good safe, id go with a simple glock 9mm, build the laser sight under the barrel, nothing too fancy.

sig - i might (might) have room for antoher class next semester; i was thinking of fire/ems degree ones but im in the mood for somtethin differnt, just noticed the college i go to for both programs (which also trains our cops) has a firearms course for handguns & shotguns, i think its intro level, for officers to learn accuracy & the like, was thinking of taking it just to improve my skills...some poeple laugh it off cause its not my field, but i think it could be cool, what do you think? I wonder if theyd even let me in with my licenses & programs im currently in...

Yeah props Sig, this is a cool idea for a thread.

Ever since I played Medal Of Honor and pretty much after watching A LOT of 24, I think it would be cool to own a gun with a silencer, or offically called the Suppressor.

Although it is legal here in the USA some states explicitly forbid any normal civilians to own such a piece... Guess that means I have to find out if FL allows it.

yeah? any pics/info on it? ill just wiki when im less lazy.

Sen - yeah, supprsor's are cool, but you realize they lessen accuracy and dont last forever, right? im sure if i was thinking of assasin work or something id learn more on them, but they didnt strike me as practical for much else...they are cool tho, always wondered if a shot actually sounded like it always does in 007 movies.

Awesome thread, longtime comin Sig.

i would like:

P-90

275px-Fn_p90_right.jpg

Gerber Mark II

350px-Gerbermkii.jpg

sig - i might (might) have room for antoher class next semester; i was thinking of fire/ems degree ones but im in the mood for somtethin differnt, just noticed the college i go to for both programs (which also trains our cops) has a firearms course for handguns & shotguns, i think its intro level, for officers to learn accuracy & the like, was thinking of taking it just to improve my skills...some poeple laugh it off cause its not my field, but i think it could be cool, what do you think? I wonder if theyd even let me in with my licenses & programs im currently in...

The intro classes have alot to do with the safety of them and the dissasembling/cleaning. It isn't all about going to the range and shooting and working on the ol' aim. It is still a good course, but its not as balls to walls as you think it is. If you are wanting to be more knowledgeable with guns, its a great way to get started.

I'm not sure if you arent allowed or not, it is based upon college requirements. If it is offered outside of the police academy scheduling, then that tells me anyone can take the course.

I think any knife longer than 5.5 inches long non foldable blade (or rule of thumb is any blade longer than the palm of your hand from the lower left to the upper right) is considered a weapon vs common pocket knife. Any knife not considered a common pocket knife if considered a weapon. If you conceal the weapon, you must have a conceal carry permit. Alot of people dont consider that when carrying large canisters of mace, a tazer, an asp/baton, knives... they think a conceal carry permit is for firearms only. The state of Florida words the license as "Conceal Weapons or Firearms License" so that means I can conceal any kind of weapon that is considered legal to own/possess in this state.

Common misunderstanding: it is not illegal for a lawfully abiding citizen (even juveniles) to have a firearm in the glove box/truck of their vehicle. Anyone who does not own a conceal carry permit may still have a handgun int heir glove box or trunk. The law stipulates that it must be securely stored. DO NOT! lock your glove box... you really going to have time to put yoru car in park, turn off the car, then take your key to unlock the glove box, then pull out the gun and fire it?

tip: for the gun to be consider securely stored... keep it in a holster with a strap. The rule of thumb (but not law) is it should take 3 steps to have it ready to fire for it to be considered secure. Reaching/opening the glove box is 1 step. unstraping and pulling the firearm out of holster is 2nd step. Aiming the firearm is considered the 3rd step.

Senshik- A silencer is legal to own/possess BUT you must have the proper documentation from the state you are in to own such item. Basically, you apply for a license to own a silencer (much like a fully automatic rifle) and you pay out the ass in fees .. like 200 plus bucks just fora\ the license, let alone buying the item. A judge or sheriff (or Commissioner Bronson) has to sign off on it wich is a hassel in itself. If you have a silencer or automatic rifle w/o the proper licensing , it is an arrestable felony.

Drifter - the Barret or any brand .50 caliber rifle is never silenced. There is a suppression barrel for it which reduces mad amounts of bang, but there isn't an effective silencer for anything larger than a .40 caliber to date. You can buy a .45 silencer but the size allows too much air to pass and you can still hear a popping sound. It is still a .45 caliber silencer sure, but to anyone who owns one wouldn't call it a true silencer for you can hear it in the next room as a low popping sound. .40 calibers and smaller, the silencers are finely tuned enough to baffle the round enough to where you hear a zipping sound instead of a popping sound. Basically the silencer hides the sound behind the bullet and when the round passes thru the narrowed/baffled silencer piece the sound and vibration expand outward and then the pressure pushes it back into the gun itself. Silencers make your gun very very dirty. .45 and .50's are just too big a round to effectively baffle it, but a silencer for those rounds do reduce the noise decibles by half, give or take... which is alot still...

SoF - props to the big dog for posting mi' bren gun! Thats a massive rifle my friend. It can also take a long ass beating w/o over heating. If you fire any M-series carbine more than 3 mags at fully auto back to back after reloading, if you slip the 4th mag in, it will begin to fire automatically due to the heat and the firing pin pinging back and forth. Larger types of rifles can dispurse heat much better reference more metal to asborb the said heat and more open areas for cool down.

Senshik- A silencer is legal to own/possess BUT you must have the proper documentation from the state you are in to own such item. Basically, you apply for a license to own a silencer (much like a fully automatic rifle) and you pay out the ass in fees .. like 200 plus bucks just fora\ the license, let alone buying the item. A judge or sheriff (or Commissioner Bronson) has to sign off on it wich is a hassel in itself. If you have a silencer or automatic rifle w/o the proper licensing , it is an arrestable felony.

Sweeeeeet

Good work Sig. It's true though, unless I'm plotting to murder someone or become an assassin I don't have much use for a silencer as a regular civilian. I'm not looking to get arrested but I'm sure if I have the excess funds, I'd get one just for the hell of it. It probably wouldn't hurt anyway...

nothing wrong with having some deadly...toys :Zombie:

If I were rich and chamous , I'd own tons of guns and knives and accessories to those guns and knives... for collection purposes that is!

I just bought a kel tec .380. SUPER small and very light!

p3AT_pic01.gif

I had the belt clip added (it attaches to the gun itself!!!) and I added the plus one magazine extension. I have 8 rounds of .380 (also referred to as 'baby 9mm')

its very small and very light weight. It has a polymer frame with a gun metal rod/barrel/ and slide. Its nearly as light as a cell phone and clips on your belt like its nothing or even in your pocket.

Oh and IC... Sweet knife man, just have a conceal permit if you want to tote it around on yourself.

Drifter - the Barret or any brand .50 caliber rifle is never silenced. There is a suppression barrel for it which reduces mad amounts of bang, but there isn't an effective silencer for anything larger than a .40 caliber to date. You can buy a .45 silencer but the size allows too much air to pass and you can still hear a popping sound. It is still a .45 caliber silencer sure, but to anyone who owns one wouldn't call it a true silencer for you can hear it in the next room as a low popping sound. .40 calibers and smaller, the silencers are finely tuned enough to baffle the round enough to where you hear a zipping sound instead of a popping sound. Basically the silencer hides the sound behind the bullet and when the round passes thru the narrowed/baffled silencer piece the sound and vibration expand outward and then the pressure pushes it back into the gun itself. Silencers make your gun very very dirty. .45 and .50's are just too big a round to effectively baffle it, but a silencer for those rounds do reduce the noise decibles by half, give or take... which is alot still...

Not so. The picture I posted was the "VSSK Vychlop" a Russian 12.7mm (.50 Cal.) special sub-sonic, armor piercing, bolt action rifle with a five round detachable box magazine designed for Russian Special Forces. With a rather short range for a sniper rifle at only 600m it makes up for it in the fact that it IS silent and capable of defeating the latest body armor and shooting targets through comercial vehicles. If you want more you can go here: Modern Firearms Vychlop

ok Drifter... I said the silencers arent effective after .40 caliber and higher, I didnt say they dont make them. A .50 caliber sniper rifle 'silenced' sounds like a .22 or .380, instead of its near 'cannon' sound. I have fired one, so I know this. It has a low popping sound but it's still heard. A .50 caliber rifle w/o suppression makes your ear drums rock out even with headgear on. I was fortunate enough to spend a day with my grandfathers old co worker in the Army out on the virgina base range. Alotta neat toys to fool around with out there. They wouldn't let me fire the SAW though... I was heart broken. The M-9 was nice, got to fire the 3 round burst, but they arent too keen on letting civies fire full autos... damn them.

Nick - Smith & Wesson makes a nice SWAT First Millennium Run folding knife that you can buy for 40 bucks or so.

195420000_large.jpg

Cold Steel and Benchmade make some bad ass knives, but are much more expensive. A simple benchmade starts at like... 60 or 70 bucks, but they are the top name brand these days. Walmart sells Gerber knives I believe at a fair price.

There is a knife company in Orlando called the Randall Knife co... they make custom knives and take up to 9 months to get your order. The kind of gripes , curveture in the blade, serated or not.... totally custom knives and very very pricey... but one of the best workmanship I have ever seen. I am busy so I gotta go but I will see if I can track down a web site for you.

A silencer is legal to own/possess BUT you must have the proper documentation from the state you are in to own such item. Basically, you apply for a license to own a silencer (much like a fully automatic rifle) and you pay out the ass in fees .. like 200 plus bucks just fora\ the license, let alone buying the item. A judge or sheriff (or Commissioner Bronson) has to sign off on it wich is a hassel in itself. If you have a silencer or automatic rifle w/o the proper licensing , it is an arrestable felony.

GEMtech

To the best of our knowledge, silencers are legal for private ownership in the following states: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY. Additionally, they maybe owned by Class 3 dealers and Class 2 manufacturers (but not individuals) in: CA, IA, KS, MA, MO, and MI. Territorial law prohibits possession in the Territories and Possessions of the United States. There are no known restrictions on governmental ownership. If your state is not listed, check with your local office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms or your state's Attorney General. If they are not legal in your state of residence, we cannot sell to you. Please do not ask us to violate state or federal law.

Drifter, your links are working.

I don't know if you are miss reading my reply or not... they make silencers but they aren't 'silent' you still hear them. It drastically reduces the noise sure...by far! But it isnt a true silenced weapon like the .380 or 9mm's are with a silencer attached. If I fired a .50 cal sniper rifle with a silencer 50 yards away from you, you are gonna perk up and look around to see what that was. Will sound like a dull popping sound. If I fired a .380 50 yards away, you would keep on playing with your GI Joes like nothing happened. Thats what I mean by silencer doesnt work... they should be called suppressors not silencers. But its a sweet ass gun thats for sure.

The new cartrige they were describing is to make the round sub-sonic, limiting the range to only 600m, coupled with the massive baffling of the weapon I believe them when they say "silent," or at the very least as silent as the SOCOM, which I understand was mandated to be noisless when used with sub-sonic .45 cal. ammo, locked breach, and silencer.

Does anyone own or have ravings about the ASP?

I used to have one... cant find it anywhere, but it was a neat retractable/expandable bash yo face in weapon. For those of

you who dont know what an ASP is... its the new 'night stick'

that the cops carry.

courtesy of CNN.com

BAKERSFIELD, California (AP) -- A military shell given to a group of children by a neighbor exploded while they played with it, killing two children and injuring five others, police and witnesses said.

Police were investigating the cause of Tuesday's explosion, which damaged homes and forced neighbors to wrap bloodied and dazed children in blankets.

"As you can imagine, this was a traumatic experience for the kids and their parents," said Bakersfield Police Detective Greg Terry. "So it's going to take a while to sort things out,"

Andrew Etcheverry, 8, died at the scene, and Jeni Marie Klawitter, 7, died at the Kern Medical Center, the county coroner said.

The victims, the oldest 12 years old, suffered minor to moderate injuries. Police had initially reported that six children were injured but determined that a girl thought to be hurt was not at the scene when it exploded.

Frank Sendejo, who lives near the apartment complex where the explosion occurred, said Wednesday he had given a group of children a 40 mm shell. Police said they have talked with Sendejo.

Sendejo told The Bakersfield Californian that he thought the shell was spent and often used it as a "conversation piece." He said the firing pin and bottom shell casing had been removed, along with the gun powder inside.

"I thought it was harmless," he told the newspaper.

There have been no arrests made in this case.

Orlando based and very popular knife company as mentioned earlier...

http://www.randallknives.com/

happy hunting.

Archived