Hondo's Bar

The Ultimate Sci-Fi series

The NZA

Sci-Fi series  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

st_sw.jpg

I'm shocked if this poll hasnt been on this forum before; long time comin'....

This is only because i thought acalis was like the resident trekkie, i always figured Star Wars was the default myself, even after the lackluster recent trilogy. Added LOTR for those kids too....here's to your favorite, and why, and the subsequent Clerks 2 comments.

Star Trek Is a fantastic show with a some great movies (the next generation ones)

Star Wars IMO is shipoopi. This is just a kiddie movie is'nt it? I just don't get how it's popular with people who did'nt grow up with it.

LOTR? Pure genius, the books moreso than the movies though. Outdated? Nonsense

The LOTR trilogy are some of the greatest books ever made, no doubt.

Yeah, movies inna movie forum. You wanna poll on books, we got culture for that...im going for best films (TV for Trek too i guess) but people're gonna vote for their overall favorite franchise, books included so it cant be helped.

Ok if we're just goin' for films

LODR trilogy>Star Trek>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Star Wars

Yeah I saw the original trilogy years ago that's what I'm basein' this on. C3PO and R2D2? this is the kind of crap you see in barney and stuff. All the characters are so 2D, there's no depth. As I said if you saw this as a kid and like it for nostalgic reasons ok but as a real movie? come on

P.S. for the record I've seen episodes II, IV, V and VI. I thought II was the best, that's how lowly i rate the "classic" Star Wars

Well, based purely on fun factor, Star Wars is the best.

It was not sci-fi, as I keep pointing out, and considering just the scifi elements, Trek is the only one even in this poll. They dealt with a lot of 'science affecting life' ideas.

LOTR had the best visuals. No DOubt.

Best overall though?

Star Wars

shush, you. this is the popular sci-fi poll, not the i-majored-in-fucking-physics sci-fi poll. The rest of us can go off of lasers and robots and call it sci-fi and get back to work.

Alive, you put episode II over V (Empire Strikes Back)? really? I gotta know what Trek movies youre gong with here, cause i honestly havent seen much of any, unless youre just goin off one of the shows.

Anybody else notice in my earlier posts i typed "LODR" instead of LOTR, I'm a 'tard.

As i said earlier I saw the first trilogy years ago and saw a half hour of IV a couple of months ago (I only saw half hour 'cos i then turned it off). They all just merge into one horrible memory of crap acting, shit characters and two retarded robots.

While i like The Star Trek movies (First Contact especially) I much prefer the t.v. series

I'm not even going to vote I just can't do this.

My brother is a huge trekkie and I just don't understand why intergalactic diplomacy is os fucking exciting. I mean couldn't you get the same effect by watching C-Span with a head full of acid and the soundtrack to 2001 a Space Oddysey playing in the background?

Star Wars, okay the origional trilogy was cool, not as a big epic saga but just as a movie that incorporated all the shit I thought was cool at the time. Robots, lasers, swords (made out of lasers none-the-less), and outerspace and whatnot. But the big Star Wars fans are worse than the die-hard trekkies in my opinion remember the words of Wes Craven before he started sucking "Remember, it's only a movie."

As for Lord of the Rings. I have always been a fan of Tolkien's work since I saw the cartoon movie of The Hobbit when I was in Kindergarten, and when I read the Hobbit when I was in 4th grade. But I have always thought the Lord of the Rings series took itself a little too seriously, and though I've always been a huge fan of everything Peter Jackson has done (with the exception of maybe Heavenly Creatures) and I think that what he did with these movies was an incredibly accomplishment (Which the academy recognized when they gave him the best director's award. An award your buddy George toy-boy Lucas has never, and will never, win *endClerks2quote*) but I think these movies were overblown as well.

I mean I can think of 3 other SciFi movies that were better done than these. Blade Runner. Dune. Willow.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that this is my opinion and if you just love the shit out of these movies, hey good for you. Opinions are what seperate us from the animals. I'm not going to be like DoJ on Johnny Cash here.

i invite any of you who want to discuss the specific merits of the sci-fi genre to suck my cock, then get a job, in whichever order.

Idve called this the trilogy or whatever poll but Trek doesnt follow that. LOTR is a fantasy setting fiction. Is science involved? sure, there's magic, that's like science for those of us who dig fiction and not actual science in our movies, or something. I stopped listening to jumbie on this years ago.

You fucking well know what im asking you here: of the series, do you dig Star Trek or Star Wars? I threw in LOTR as a copout vote for the "i hate shit in space" crowd. I was gonna put Matrix but lets be honest, even i rooted like crazy for that shit and there's no way its gonna garnish votes unless i say "part 1 only" or something.

Archived