Hondo's Bar

Mirror's Edge

Maldron

Seriously, no topic for this one? Sad times.

The story follows Faith and her struggle to free her sister from a corrupt government. Her parents were killed while protesting against the government and she was forced to grow up on the street, later becoming a runner. Faith was taught not to rely on modern forms of communication, partially because the ruthless police state prefers eavesdropping every chance they get. As Faith attempts to rescue her sister, while running messages for the criminal underworld, she gets caught up in a series of events which lead to her being pursued by the totalitarian government. Acting as Faith's guide is a mysterious character named Mercury, who will help Faith in her attempt to outwit and overcome the many government agents that are out to eliminate her.

There's something about this first-person citywide platformer that I just love to love. From the vibrant colors of the city to the way the action looks to be seemless to the fact that this looks to be a first person view that actually takes the fact you fucking have a body into account, there's nothing here I don't enjoy. Seriously, whenever this comes out, I'm getting it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So gameplay-wise it's pretty much The Prince of Persia in First-person?

Only with what appears to be less emphasis on combat and at a faster pace across an open environment. All of which are pluses, in my book. Prince of Persia had you solving a platform puzzle in a room, sometimes with enemies and sometimes without, and then once you solved it you were on your way. This game leaves it up to you to find your own way, there's supposed to not just be one clear path.

Lycaon, it's going to be out 360, PS3, and PC, in time. It has a presence at E3 next week, so they might release a date then.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks crazy-awesome, saw the trailer on PSN. why didnt anyone tell me about this sooner?!

fuck, EA is really stepping it up these days. Gamefly shows it coming out 11/13, cant wait.

For those wanting some fun, cel-shaded backstory:

• 3 weeks later...

This game looks incredibly promising. I read there's a lot of emphasis on maintaining your momentum, sort of like a 3-D N+. Controls sound workable, LB to move "up" an obstacle, LT to go under it, or L1 and L2 respectively for PS3 guys.

My only fear is motion sickness. Something about a 1st person perspective and a lot of bobbing and bouncing around, it doesn't sit right with some people.

• 3 months later...

Anyone else grab this one? it's short, well mainly because of how fast you go through the levels, most of the real badass stuff seems to be in trying to get a speed run going on. When you are on a roll though the game is awesome! Few slight problems, one the combat is kinda crap, ESPECIALLY the gunplay. Of course I played through the game without shooting anyone, but when I tried guns on my second playhtough, they really did blow. I think the controls are impressive as fuck, but I think the game needs just a touch more assist on the grabs. There are times that it looks like I should have caught a pipe or ledge and it missed. Still I am amazed that the platforming works as well as it did in first person.

About 6-8 hours, I think. There is a lot of ground that you cover, it's just that you're moving so fast, the huge levels can be done kinda quick.

Currently I'm having a blast doing the speed runs, ranked 93 on Chapter 1. Kinda funny, that a level that took me the better portion of an hour to beat I can clear in under 6 minutes when I know what I'm doing.

I hate this game so much I wanna ragepunch my xbox. It makes me feel like Forrest Fucking Gump. I get the feeling I should quit this stupid fucking faggoty campaign with it's terribly animated fucking cutscenes and just come back after I've learnt my way through this donut-punched fagshit with timetrials. Seriously, I just wanted to fucking wander around a cool urban cityscape in 1st person and have fun swinging from things. Instead I'm being forced into these situations where millions of cunts are shooting at me and I'm supposed to navigate vertical faces with next to no fucking clue as to how to get there. These fucking developers clearly get their fucking tradesmen's entrances reamed by giant men every night and therefore wanted to translate that terrible fucking feeling to unsuspecting [eople like me. Fucking faggoty-chopped monkeycumguzzling tickreaming rosebud FUCKJS!!

Don't fight, run.

Alot, and die, alot.

I will say that ME is rather old school in the you are dying a metric fuckton way. Most of the combat sections in the game are kinda puzzles that you have to figure out, and 90% of the time your best bet is running the fuck away, Faith may be able to pull off Ninja jumps and shit, but she is still weak to the all powerful shotgun to the face.

Still, once combat clicked for me, it wasn't too bad, it's all about singling an eenmy out and using momentum against them.

I hate this game so much I wanna ragepunch my xbox. It makes me feel like Forrest Fucking Gump. I get the feeling I should quit this stupid fucking faggoty campaign with it's terribly animated fucking cutscenes and just come back after I've learnt my way through this donut-punched fagshit with timetrials. Seriously, I just wanted to fucking wander around a cool urban cityscape in 1st person and have fun swinging from things. Instead I'm being forced into these situations where millions of cunts are shooting at me and I'm supposed to navigate vertical faces with next to no fucking clue as to how to get there. These fucking developers clearly get their fucking tradesmen's entrances reamed by giant men every night and therefore wanted to translate that terrible fucking feeling to unsuspecting [eople like me. Fucking faggoty-chopped monkeycumguzzling tickreaming rosebud FUCKJS!!

Man, you break my heart - I'm seriously planning to buy it, but you make it seem like it's frustrating and confusing to no end, and with no reason at all.

:ohface:

I dunno, outside of a couple of places where it took me a little bit of time to figure out where to go, I never saw that as much of a problem. the first time through, a lot of the fun in figureing out how to get from point a to point b, then the real cool shit is replaying the levels when you know what you are doing. Having a level that took you a half hour or more get turned into a level that takes 5-9 minutes is a great feeling, especially because you are just constantly doing all the cool shit you know you can do.

Mainly, if you liked the demo, you'll like the game. If you found yourself replaying the demo over and over to get the best time you could, you'll LOVE the game.