Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Inc

The NZA

HondosInc1.jpg

HondosInc2.jpg

Yeah, so...that was fun! I only wish i could've banned more of you guys... :pig:

Some of you shined, some of you felt the banhammer, but most of you saw what a hondo's with strict rules looks like. Either way, all in good fun.

...with the exception of one then-banned member who took greater umbrage than i thought, and reported our shenanigans, forcing this stunt to close up a little early....

REDACTED.jpg

our very first cease & desist! :muggin:

...not that some of you mind the return, but hey, at least something like this might one day land us a wiki, eh? Good times.

Hope most of you had some fun with it.

....i'm so keeping the paid membership policy.

HondosInc1.jpg

HondosInc2.jpg

Yeah, so...that was fun! I only wish i could've banned more of you guys... :pig:

Some of you shined, some of you felt the banhammer, but most of you saw what a hondo's with strict rules looks like. Either way, all in good fun.

...with the exception of one then-banned member who took greater umbrage than i thought, and reported our shenanigans, forcing this stunt to close up a little early....

REDACTED.jpg

our very first cease & desist! :muggin:

...not that some of you mind the return, but hey, at least something like this might one day land us a wiki, eh? Good times.

Hope most of you had some fun with it.

....i'm so keeping the paid membership policy.

Is that red guy supposed to be me?

wait, what was cliquey about it? everyone got warnings, violators got banned. if anything, it was more fair across the board than i think we'd want. i argue cliquey doesnt necessarily equal bad, kinda inevitable in any community really.

you're also overlooking the fact that we finally got a genuine legal threat, or i think more accurately a precursor to one out of this. can you imagine if itdve come to an actual lawsuit? that'dve so put us on the map.

Man, that was rather nice and polite. Are most cease and desists that way?

Looks like your standard DMCA takedown notice to me. Not a "cease and desist" in the purest sense, but the closest to it under the damned DMCA.

Load of crap, I say.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HAD PLANS, DAMN IT. PLANS!

Either way, this one was rather insulting, Nick. Specifically

but most of you saw what a hondo's with strict rules looks like.

That's a load of horseshit. When people say we want some kind of 'rules' or 'structure', in no way did it mean that, and you know it. I know Pedro was insulted, and rightfully so, and I have to admit I was, too. I played along because 'why the fuck not'.

But to pretend that defining some already-existing rules and making certain things clear leads to corporate fascism is beyond absurd.

though the Cease and Desist was rather funny. Worst case scenario: they shut down Hondo's. (good eye there, Stilly).

Still, all this inspired me to write a Constitution, though I now have to amend the one I already wrote. look for it soon.

That kinda blows, esp w/ me planning to go batshit crazy in the piracy threads. Damn it all to hell.

Was the main problem the flickr thing? Probably should have been flicka instead. I'm amazed they gave that much of a shit on April fools.

Unless of course they were joking too, which would have been awesome, if unlikely.

Archived