Hondo's Bar

Prototype

Keth

it is multi. and looks way better than infamous. i dont know why a guy with electrical powers has become more intriguing than genetic freak/anti hero looking for revenge. this guy can kick a freaking chopper out of the sky! or just eat the pilot and fly it himself :blink:

it is multi. and looks way better than infamous. i dont know why a guy with electrical powers has become more intriguing than genetic freak/anti hero looking for revenge. this guy can kick a freaking chopper out of the sky! or just eat the pilot and fly it himself :blink:

It's two different takes on the sandbox superhero. I think inFAMOUS will have its own set of perks, namely being an honest look at being a superhero, where Prototype will excel at beating the shit out of stuff.

yeah, im honestly hyped for the infamous demo next week, neogaf and a few gaming sites have been going fucking crazy over it so far. reviews thus far (i only saw IGNs, for what thats worth) are high.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just played this today and it's amazing!! It is like the hulk game back in the day where he's running through the streets, destroying everything in his path. Only thing is, this one is more fun. haha. i can't stop playing! (make sure you are ready to lose some sleep)

Just played this today and it's amazing!! It is like the hulk game back in the day where he's running through the streets, destroying everything in his path. Only thing is, this one is more fun. haha. i can't stop playing! (make sure you are ready to lose some sleep)

haha you said it. this game is addicting! hijacking choppers is fuckin crazy :blink:

prototype.jpg

does prototype hafta choke a bitch?

img_16572_prototype.jpg

alex mercer's look has changed significantly

Prototype__Alex_Mercer_by_AIBryce.jpg

props to the arist @ deviantart for that last one

i like the sound it makes when you run over civilians with the tank. it's like stepping on a ketchup packet i love me some vehicles.. :)

the combat system is a bit rough, but it is not too bad. i have played crackdown, spiderman and that hulk game previously mentioned and this by far is the better of all...

on the other hand, i think i'm getting headaches from playing too much. :( i dunno, maybe it's the flying or the fact i'm getting old.

no no, tell me it sucks, I'm half way through mass effect and have a list of games I need to play, don't make me go get another one :(

It doesn't suck, but by the time you get your list cleared there'll be more games out you'll be more sorry to miss. It's solid for what it is, but I far prefer inFAMOUS's gameplay, even though there's far less of it. Prototype's a brawler with a messy targeting system and absurdly complicated controls that you get used to before too long. Power switching could be smoother - to solve its cumbersomeness the power-switch menu slows down the game for a few seconds to allow the switch, but even after you've switched it takes a few seconds for you to shift your attack form.

BTW, did anybody else think "Gantz" When they first saw Elizabeth Greene?

speaking of controls....just got to try afro samurai. the "look" controls are wrong with no option to correct them. if you move the joystick to the right, he looks left, and vice versa. it's like having inverted on the x-axis with no way to change it. most messed up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived