Hondo's Bar

Should iframes be used to contain large signatures?

Stilly

Should iframes be used to contain large signatures?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To completely rip-off one of my previous posts...

This is an iframe:

This is an iframe with something in it:

This is an example iframe with Jax's signature in it:

Here's the basic HTML tag for iframes:

And here is the code for the iframe above with Jax's signature

Almost all elements of current sigs can be converted to straight HTML...the only one that there are problems with are quotes from the forum itself. These can be in plain text, just not wrapped in the fancy border they currently have around them.

I would also like to say, if need be, that I can convert and host any signatures.

Truth be told, I think this is a good idea, but would like to see where everyone stands on this. Have at it.

EDIT: Added a couple other choices to "No" and "Maybe" noting that the iframe method is completely voluntary (unless Nick can do something fancy). Hopefully, it won't mess up the results from previous votes.

EDITx2: It did mess up some of the results, but I was able to fix that. This thread now available with accidental vote tampering issues fixed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
think this solves all our problems (without killing Jax or Arch... :sad: )...

not about me, remember? 13 other people voted supporting me. Lets stick to the topic at hand, shall we?

great idea....but I think it needs to be built into the sig section of the board. It CANNOT be voluntary, else it becomes pointless.

not about me, remember? 13 other people voted supporting me. Lets stick to the topic at hand, shall we?

great idea....but I think it needs to be built into the sig section of the board. It CANNOT be voluntary, else it becomes pointless.

my only worry is that say a normal length sig like mine, would be forced to use the iframe.

a sig is their for decoration and for other people to view, even the people against really long sigs are saying the reason they don't want to turn off sigs is because they want to see everybody else's sigs, well if every sig is in an iframe then nobody's gonna scroll down to see it, unless it's so short that it would'nt need an iframe

so basically if the iframe is used for jax length sigs then ok it's a good compromise but if it's for every sig i'm totally against it.

p.s. stilly it's a great idea, i'm not knocking it.

it has to be applied across the board. The other options are untenable. It's either everyone abides by the same rules or no one will use it. Jax hasn't shown any inclination in the past to accommodate the request of the community, so why am I to believe that he's willing to do so now? And if this option exists and it's voluntary, who's to say anyone will use it?

agian: Trust, but verify.

again: the whole point is to come up with a reasonable size. If anything is bigger than that, the Iframe takes over. It's the best compromise, isn't it?

That way the sigs don't take up half a page, and the ones that do can still be there without impeding the view of everyone else.

again: the whole point is to come up with a reasonable size. If anything is bigger than that, the Iframe takes over. It's the best compromise, isn't it?

That way the sigs don't take up half a page, and the ones that do can still be there without impeding the view of everyone else.

oh yeah, that's fair.

i thought you were saying all sigs should be in iframes.

ok, so how long is too long?

I still say maybe b/c after all this time the fact that you fuckers still can't be bothered to just turn off signatures with 3 clicks is a fucking travesty. Believe me, NONE OF YOUR SIGNATURES are that fucking earth-shatteringly cool that anyone here pines on seeing them in every post. Not even Hulk Hands.

Archived