Hondo's Bar

Nujabes

The NZA

• 3 weeks later...

looks like that review trend died with a quickness :2T:

While looking for another copy of this for sen, i found a few other tributes i'd not known of:

Nujams - tribute to Nujabes

4vpzyq.jpg

Tribute to Jun - listening to that one right now, bout halfway in and its prolly the best one ive heard yet, really great stuff. if that DL link fails you, lemme know; ill host it myself if need be.

Thanks for doing the leg-work on these tribute links, NZA. I'm DL'n both of them now.

As for Modal Soul Classics: Tribute to Nujabes--it's pretty solid. I haven't given it a real listen yet (I just added it to my Nujabes playlist and put it on in the background while working), so I'll hold off on a real review until then.

besides, reviews are SO early January 2011, NZA. get w/ the program.

:2T:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice! I DL'd this album last week but only got around to listening to it today. I'm really digging it; definitely my favorite of the tribute albums that've cropped up. Very much looking fwd to the doc. I joined the fb page, but please keep us updated on it as you always manage to come across this stuff way before I do. :howyoudoin:

This Marcus D comes off a bit dopey in his kickstarter video, but damn if the boy can't produce some sweet beats. Majority of the tracks on An Eternal Soul are his and I'm looking fwd to hearing more of his stuff.

And when I was on iTunes getting that posthumous Nujabes/Shing02 colab, I came across this podcast-mix. Mostly old stuff, but a continuous 30 min of Nujabes...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ciphacast-mix-nujabes-tribute/id345119806?i=81919117

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Posthumous Nujabes album announced; ‘Spiritual State’ - 12/3

Nujabes-Spiritual-State.jpg

Quite unexpectedly Hydeout announced that ‘Spiritual State’ is set for a release on December 3rd this year. It’s the first official Nujabes release since he passed away in 2010, and will be the final full-length album of material by the Japanese genius.

Track list:

1. Spiritual State (ft. Uyama Hiroto)

2. Sky Is Tumbling (ft. Cise Star)

3. Gone Are The Day (ft. Uyama Hiroto)

4. Spirale

5. City Light (ft. Substantial & Pase Rock)

6. Color Of Autumn

7. Down On The Side

8. Yes (ft. Pase Rock)

9. Rainy Way Back Home

10. Far Fowls

11. Fellows

12. Waiting For The Clouds (ft. Substantial)

13. Prayer

14. Island (ft. Uyama Hiroto & Haruka Nakamura)

:ohface:

:misty:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...