Hondo's Bar

Quake Movie Coming Out?

everyone knows john woo's HK flicks are better.

Hehe, Spiffy says that the same way I say stuff like "Everyone knows Rush is one of the greatest power trios of all time". When you really get into something, you sort of forget that not everyone sees things like you do.

PS Spiffy, I'm not disagreeing with you about Woo's HK flicks, but not everyone knows it.

I thought ghosts of mars was pretty cool. Buncha people I know liked vampires, I havent seen it though. I think if given a good chance he could come back, especially since Doom would be straight up action/horror, no comedy, which he seems to be slipping up on lately. I think a straight up horror movie would do him some good.

sorry guys, in my other thread about john woo's films (somewhere in cinematic storytelling,) i do a complete rundown of woo's flicks. The point is, somewhere in the transition of eastern/western culture, we're gonna see major differences. Ask anyone who watches anime. Why is ranma never gonna be on american television? Why are games like dead or alive: volleyball extreme causing so much commotion here in the US?

I'm just disappointed it's gotta be that way. If woo brought over some of his story (many of his hk flicks are written himself) along with his style, that'd be awesome. So, we gotta tone it down and/or give a warm fuzzy ending.

I saw john carpenter's vampires. basically, it's john woods being a badass. it's pretty cool, but i would have liked to see his character do something other than say, "let's kick some vampire butt." character development nill to none. but badass nonetheless. The thing was interesting, better than i thought it would be.

yeah, and what's up with this john carpenter's, clive barker's blah blah blah? name the damn move, not after yourself. hellraiser bloodline was kinda cool though.

Vampires was pretty cool, decent flick, although kind of the same Vein (Get it?? :D ) As From Dusk Til Dawn, but with an angle to make the Church responsible.

Doom movie that would just be a pure gorefest!! What was the name of those Giant Mechanical Half Bull things with Rocket Launchers in their arms? Cyber...somethings! They'd be badass!!

Wolfenstein i'll look forward to that!