Hondo's Bar

Hondo's & Privacy

The NZA

Your content on Hondo's  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*sigh* It just occured to me, as seen in Shoutbox, that I infact have compromising materials contained therein. Now my arguement is two-fold: On one hand, future meet-ups & consequent photography would be enhanced knowing that any posted contents would be relatively safe & private.

On the other hand, new members are slugged with enough Hondos in-jokes to start off with that for some it can be off-putting. Now the arguement can be made that this is a good method of weeding out the thick-skinned from the weak of heart, which is totally true, but in the meantime I believe we may infact lose the odd potentially awesome member who could be shy at first on account of how cliqueish Hondos is(let's be honest: it fucking is).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, so forgetting the new members & cliqueish points, why are we locking down parts of Hondos again? You said something about privacy right? And something about what, member's personal opinions & beliefs being used against them? Right, so let's leave the part of Hondos where every other cunt is mimicing cocksucking & sodomy open for potential employers and whoever to see. I'm not especially passionate about the matter it's just that if Nick insists on fucking with Hondos and locking shit down, it makes no sense to leave the most sensetive part open ffs.

To make a new secondary point, knowing any potential pics are safe & secure for members' eyes only, imagine some of the cool shit that folks would be happy to then record & post(I cite a possible Snatch sequel, for the record, your honour).

so pissy. im not saying we dont lock down Gatherings necessarilyi, i just dont see your cliqueish point at all - or are you just saying, as opposed to shane's notion that people'd see our get-togethers, mebbe not seeing the chapter meets and such initially would be more beneficial/open to noobs? if that's your point, i guess, but yeah, youve made your case for locking down the gathering from voyeurs, now go rub one out calm thyself, ill update the list.

• suggestion box?
  • town square
  • the gathering
  • politics
  • philosophy
  • culture
  • arts
  • movies
  • anime
  • music
  • sportsc
  • omics
  • games
  • pubs
  • pimp hand
  • fight club
  • crap shack

that leaves...just the entertainment, and mebbe this suggestion box, which'd make sense for major announcements i guess. anyone oppose?

someone should get newt to chime in here

Newt & Crim make a majority vote for leaving it open, so it's yours/anyone else's call. The point I was making about cliquishness that I scrapped, is that new members arrive and we pile on the personal jokes, some stick around, others don't, and I initially figured the meet-ups might serve to ffurther reinforce that clique thing.

its funny, lotta forums ive been to using this software disable guest viewing at all or simply have an annoying register/logon box chase you about to fuck things up. ive hesitated cause for some reason, a lotta people brought on here have been newbies to internet forums entirely, and need some coaxing.

but i agree with MH, i just want to leave entertainment open for google hits & search strings.

Yeah, i get that. A forum i used to lurk on went members only recently which irked me, given it was a good read, and I'm sure that some of the guests on here are probably of similar ilk, whether they get their fix of titties or political arguments between two overgrown children.

It takes like 2 minutes to register. We're not looking for money or anything.

Skeet makes some good points about The Gathering so yeah I reckon it should be members only.

Snatch sequel....fingers crossed.

My logic is so flawless. On the matter of lurking, I'll admit to pulling a D-fluff from time-to-time when I'm taking a breather & checking shit out without wanting to actually log in, so I'd feel gypped to that extent but on the other side of that, folks like him & sig who simply lurk to see if their name comes up would then be prompted to not only log in, but possibly even post again if they're so fucking keen to be a part of festivities.

K, so were talking about forcing a person to log in to be able to see stuff right?

So, if were logged out, we cant see selected topics, just general (and non abusive, nudity content containing etc) topics.

I dont see the problem. My facebook is locked down so that I limit sneaky susans with bad intentions- wouldnt this just be a way to fortify whats available to non members, thus freeing us up to be possibly more open? After my experience last week, where I found horribly mean things posted about me on some stupid bitches twitter account, Im all for more security on hondos.

On the downside, wouldnt it allow more Hondonians to post naked pictures of themselves?

Toughy.

My logic is so flawless. On the matter of lurking, I'll admit to pulling a D-fluff from time-to-time when I'm taking a breather & checking shit out without wanting to actually log in, so I'd feel gypped to that extent but on the other side of that, folks like him & sig who simply lurk to see if their name comes up would then be prompted to not only log in, but possibly even post again if they're so fucking keen to be a part of festivities.

It's possible to login invisibly isn't it? Is that feature still available?

On the downside, wouldnt it allow more Hondonians to post naked pictures of themselves?

Toughy.

How is this in any way a bad thing? Panch's dick will yet yield us 2Track. Also, Snatch 2. Because Lindsay needs to show you chicks what time it is.

It's possible to login invisibly isn't it? Is that feature still available?

It is, but I'm damned if I know how to, especially on a PC that knows my shit, get onto Hondos without automatically logging in, then log off, then log back on invisibly(point being you're still spotted of only for a moment and your credible no-Hondos stance is shot to bits).

When you log in just check the box to the right that read: Log in as invisible

Ye-es, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, if you want to lurk, you have to log in, then log out, then log back in as invisible, if you're posting from a PC that you usually do & therefore automatically signs you in. Do I need an abacus to make my very non-consequential point?

that's true, but if you're so concerned about leaving a trail, im pretty sure logging in invisible still gets you shown at the bottom under "members visiting today", as that's a mod that doestn have to play by the board's rules. kind of a moot point, i guess.

ill be setting this up soon in the specified forums, again, unless there's heavy opposition or a better idea.

Well I do believe I got so caught up in the point of which forums should be locked, that I never actually got to stating, is there really that big a need for security? Who's actually said here that 'Yes, I would feel so much safer with blocks on set forums'?

Bearing in mind that I have next to no sarcasm detector, are you for realreals*? I'm not faulting the desire or intent, I was simply asking if anyone had infact asked for this as opposed to Nick just putting the idea out there and all of us getting caught up in what's safe & unsafe.

*as opposed to for playplay

Archived