Hondo's Bar

Hondo's & Privacy

The NZA

Your content on Hondo's  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

its been requested by a few members, presently as well as in the past - its part of why we never got an official "ladies of hondo's" calendar, for one. i myself am spearheading it cause im going to have to lock the place up during background checks, like ti or not, for like a month or so later this year, and im asking if people'd feel mroe comfortable posting personal shit if personal corners were private, or if the hassle feels not worth it.

it kinda comes from the social networking sites of myspace, facebook (and like arnah said, twitter): jobs, ex's all kinds of shit look for info and a simple google of your name might very well draw back here. granted, you might be somewhere you're not overly concerned who's looking, but it seems a few of us are, so i thought it worth discussing rather than arbitrarily doing it.

if part of the root of this place is "no taboos" - the notion that i want an environment where we, as adults, can discuss damn near anything that comes to mind, especially shit you cant do so comfortably offline, i kinda feel this'd propel that. i just wanted to know if others agreed, or if the forced login to certain places - anonymous or not - felt like not a worthy trade.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your argument's solid. I just wonder how effective locking the joint down will be when I turn up to the equivalent of your Dade county city hall with my photoshopped poster of you naked but for a cossack hat & wearing a rainbow flag as a cape wearing 'kitten gloves' with 'where's your kid's beef?' scrawled in faeces across your chest?

i see what you did there.

so given that, and the aforementioned chance of more member nudity, are you then pro or anti reg privacy? lookin for feedback here.

Sweet baby Moses in the river, please tell me there isn't more Panch ambush nudity on it's way. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Sweet baby Moses in the river, please tell me there isn't more Panch ambush nudity on it's way. :love:

..... I stumbled across that unfortunately, and although I am a newbie somethin tells me I should've expected that lol.

I dont see the problem with someone seeing our posts. as long as you arent like, leading a double life or anything, and somebody stumbles across you trying to get "laid" or internet...... poon when they know you or something, then it shouldnt be a problem. I dont think they should look at the actual member pros though, cause if someone decides to put up there phone # or address then who knows what problems that might lead to. But i dont think its possible to do that on here in the first place, but y'know.

ive put up my address more than once for get-togethers/mailings, my # as well, just as an example.

alright, well, this thing's had more than a few weeks to float by now, ima go ahead and try locking some of the agreed upon places down, see what becomes of it.

• 3 weeks later...

way too many areas that are locked. there needs to be a redefinition of what you're taking off in favor of what i think is a minority. think about it, if you really want to keep yourself from the internet, you might as well cancel your social networking sites, or don't link it here. i mean - isn't that what the internet is? to be able to have a certain freedom to go anywhere and not have to enter passwords to access things that are "free"

furthermore, some of us have to enter passwords on shared computers. or can't access in other ways. what about the admins looking at the ip's that are logging in or visiting...?

the poll shows a 50/50. it requires further discussion or modification.

way too many areas that are locked. there needs to be a redefinition of what you're taking off in favor of what i think is a minority. think about it, if you really want to keep yourself from the internet, you might as well cancel your social networking sites, or don't link it here. i mean - isn't that what the internet is? to be able to have a certain freedom to go anywhere and not have to enter passwords to access things that are "free"

that doesnt even make sense. you used social networking sites: many/most people with myspace/facebook etc keep them entirely locked down from public view, you have to be their friend to see their personal info...and again, many share even more personal things here than there.

this isnt about "keeping yourself from the internet", its about the the freedom to continue doing & saying as you like without being privy to outside parties, such as employers. and your definition of "free" is entirely skewed: most of the sites i go to for information/utilities require registration & active login. until they charge me for this, they are free.

furthermore, some of us have to enter passwords on shared computers. or can't access in other ways. what about the admins looking at the ip's that are logging in or visiting...?

the poll shows a 50/50. it requires further discussion or modification.

so...enter passwords on shared computers, but dont have said shared computer save your password if you're not comfortable doing so. you and i both use shared PCs, does this stop you from logging into email? ebay? other forums? im not sure where you're going here.

poll's showing 8 to 11 currently. by all means, its up for discussion, but im not seeing that here. my only regret currently is that in the locked forums, im all for guests seeing the topics, simply not the threads, and i havent sorted out how to make that distinction with our software yet.

i voted that im okay with ppl seeing what i type here, but everyone has a point. once i look for a big girl job, do i want employers looking at all the dumb shit ive said? im fine at the moment for eveyone seeing what i write, but i totally respect everyone who isnt fine with it. it only makes sense. gives us more freedom.

besides, i wanna see what the hottest thread looks like in the hondies after this.

besides, i wanna see what the hottest thread looks like in the hondies after this.

This one gets it. Alongside an ^_^ for stated comprehension. Spiffy- how often are you snooping on Hondos without logging into post anyways?

Archived