Hondo's Bar

Hondo's & Privacy

The NZA

Your content on Hondo's  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

a lot. dude hates logging in, it seems, and i kinda wonder how many other voyeurs do too. i offered the anonymous account for such use, but the pain of logging in is still there.

didnt mean to demean his argument, i just get lost at the notion of this place being less free when im hoping this effort has the reverse effect for our members.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but it's still a ridiculous notion. Virtually every single message board on the tubes requires a log in or you will be unable to view all content. The question here is about freedom of privacy vs freedom to view whatever you want. The latter does not trump the former, EVER, which is why most sites with personal information have methods for keeping you semi-private.

but it's still a ridiculous notion. Virtually every single message board on the tubes requires a log in or you will be unable to view all content.

And unless I have a particularly compelling reason to do so, I usually never join those sites.

And unless I have a particularly compelling reason to do so, I usually never join those sites.

Which still applies to this board, Ly. If you didn't have a compelling reason to join us, you wouldn't have. That doesn't change the right of posters to retain some kind of privacy or anonymity should they desire it.

But most importantly, the possibility of someone joining this board based on viewing all content does not negate a poster's right to keep some information here private, should they desire it.

I'm just bringing up the point that it may reduce the amount of people that join even further, that's all.

that's also possible. its something i obviously cant quantify, but its a factor.

its why i left the entertainment forums open, as they get the most hits - but having voyeurs be able to read things in politics, philosophy, culture etc, though not often, does stand the chance to bring interesting people on board here as well....its why i wanted to keep the number of locked-down forums to a minimal, and still want the exact ones open for debate as well. for one, were not getting google hits on newer topics in those forums.

Archived