Hondo's Bar

World War Z: The Movie

I saw a bunch of vaguely human CGI blobs rolling down a street, and then climbing a wall, and then a completely normal looking guy chased Brad Pitt onto a helicopter. Your definition of epic and mine are quite different. As are our tastes in... things apparently. A World War Z movie would kick ass if it stuck to the book.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Brad Pitt's 'World War Z' $200 Million Production Nightmare Exposed

Incomplete script, an incoherent ending, massive re-shoots, millions of dollars in budget overages, and even a Hungarian SWAT team raid are apparently just a few of the issues plaguing Pitt's troubled production

"It was, like, wow. The ending of our movie doesn't work," Evans recalled after watching a director's cut of the blockbuster hopeful. "I believed in that moment we needed to reshoot the movie."

...yikes

• 1 month later...

World War Z

I thought it was a really good solid action flick. It was nice to see the zombie genre taken into a global context and a protagonist who is actually important in terms of solving the problem. Not to belittle the survival theme in zombie stuff because I love it. This was just a welcome change of scope.

I was a little baffled by the stream of people saying it was "better than expected". Am I the only one who thought it was going to be awesome from day one?

Well, having heard disparaging things about it from fellow book readers and thinking little of the trailor or two I saw, it blew my low expectations out of the water. I pretty much went in with the mindset that it will be little like the books.

Brad Pitt really did an incredible job with this. His acting carried the film really really well, and overall, it was really quite fantastic. And better than I expected :2T: