Hondo's Bar

Baytor and Panch at the (Zombie) Movies!

Well there isn't much to review, it's about a bunch of college kids who go out in the middle of nowhere Germany, and get picked off by Nazi Zombies. Also starring horrible dialog, bad gore, and no boobs. The no boobs factor could have killed this movie for me...but the nazi zombies won me over in the end. :D

Edited by Dr.Girlfriend

If you liked Machine Girl, Zombi, etc. this will be up your alley. It's fun.

The one with the machine gun arm? :D

But wait. Where were the zombies in that? Or are were talking about the type of action/story as opposed to the zombie genre itself?

So Baytor, of the countless remakes of the Romero originals, which is your favorite? Night Savini remake, Night 3D remake, Dawn Snyder turbo zombies remake or Day Nick Cannon ultimate zombie killer remake?

Ok, so here's to hoping that you get to this topic.

Yes "fixing", more like taking apart going "fucked if I know" and putting it back together again.

While I want to say the Nick Cannon/Mena Suvari Day of the Dead remake the worst of the lot it's still nowhere near as bad as Night of the Living Dead 3D. And as much as I love Savini's remake, Synder made a damn good movie with Dawn that, though not as good as the original, was about as good as a remake can be.

Or hung.

And speaking of hung, you didn't like the Nick Cannon version of Day? JK. Of course you didn't. Yes, it's bad, but there's something about it that entertains me. I like it, but only for it's ridiculous badness. I actually laugh at the movie. I think it's funny.

I haven't seen Night 3D, but I'm soooo scared to. I always see it at Blockbuster, but don't have the balls to rent it. I'm so sick of seeing HORRIBLE zombie flicks. Especially, if it's a Romero remake.

Savini's remake is very good (Romero was very involved in that movie...). And Dawn remake? Awesome! Snyder can do no wrong with me. There was also a rumor that he would direct the Dawn remake sequel, but that ain't happening now.

Edited by Panch

Ahhh Flesheater... with Mr. Bill "I'm famous cause I was the first zombie EVER" Hinzman. The movie was crap, but had its moments. I own it cause of his involvement with Night and that's it. That scene were the little girl answers the door... craziness!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

but i still havent seen part 2 yet

Spain's Filmax Entertainment has greenlit production on Paco Plaza's "[REC] Genesis" and Jaume Balaguero's "[REC] Apocalypse," Filmax chairman Julio Fernandez announced Monday.

Filmax Intl. will sell both pics, which conclude one of Europe's most commercially successful modern zombie franchises.

While "[REC]" and "[REC]2" were co-directed by Plaza and Balaguero, the duo are co-developing both new films but then will solo direct.

Skedded for delivery fall 2011, "[REC] Genesis" is being written by Plaza and Luis Berdejo, a seminal figure in Spain's genre pic boom, who co-wrote "[REC]" before making his feature directorial debut directing Kevin Costner starrer "The New Daughter."

"Genesis" will explore the origins of the diabolic zombie mutant viris partially explained in "[REC]2."

Balaguero will helm franchise closer "Apocalypse" once he completes his current directorial gig, sociopathic doorman thriller "Sleep Tight" (aka "Flatmate"), also set up at Filmax.

"Apocalypse" should be ready by fall 2012, opening the door as with "Genesis" to a select fest run.

"[REC] and "[REC]2" premiered at the Venice Festival in 2007 and 2009, before establishing their fanboy credentials at Spain's Sitges fest.

Though not as big a hit as the original, "[REC]2" still saw good results in some territories such as Spain, where it hit Euros5.2 million ($6.9 million) and France, where it grossed a first-four week $3.7 million, bucking the trend for horror films to underperform in Gaul.

Double pic production marks an attempt to conclude the franchise with a creative flourish, avoiding the diminishing returns of a "[REC]3" and "[REC]"4."

As ancillary markets seek ever more to morph film releases into film events, the bookend also offers added value in DVD, VOD and TV to distributors already holding rights to "[REC]" and "[REC] 2."

Well since Sony aren't trying to pretend that [REC]2 doesn't exist like they did with the first one ("No, what? Quarantine was based on an original script. Oh, but it was inspired by a Spanish movie.") the rights are at Magnet I believe. It means the movie will probably get a small theatrical run and a decent DVD release.

Jon has it on his computer, Nick. Ask him nicely and he might let you take a peek.

As for the last two zombie flicks I've seen...

Deadgirl.jpg

DEADGIRL - Fuckin' crazy! Basically, two high school kids find dead body tied up in abandoned building and find out she's not so dead. Umm... white kids in a small town in middle America... what do you think happens next? Fucking CRAZY MOVIE! It's harsh. Great movie. Lindsay would like it. She's sick like that.

dead-snow-poster.jpg

DEAD SNOW - Good, but not great. Ok, well not good, per say, but alright. Ummm... whatever, it's Nazi zombies so it's fine. Starts out like Evil Dead and ends like Peter Jackson's Dead Alive. Sort of. It was good enough to stay in my collection.