Hondo's Bar

How have you NOT seen this movie!?! v3.0

Which comedies on the list have you NOT seen?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...and then, there were 2 whiskey movies for h-con

I have the Trinity movies as well, come on you can't watch Eastwood without a little Terrence Hill to follow it up.

P.S. Before somebody brings up that Annie Hall and 9 to 5 don't fit the criteria above I would like to add that they pop up on TV all the time and while they're not the kind of thing somebody might know by name (like, for example, me) I would wager a good cross-section of the population has stumbled upon them and watched them without realizing what they were until somebody makes a movie thread and you look up the names on Imdb. (Also like me)

Look at the list of movies up there. We have a lot of cult and non-cult classics with huge fanbases that go to theater showings, conventions, they go and meet the directors and stars and they're movies that are still talked about widely in circles everywhere. They're shown on TV almost constantly or in the cases of some of the more mainstream ones like Ace Ventura and Austin Powers, their influence on popular culture is so strong that you would have to be actively trying to have not seen them.

Then we have Twins. A modestly big-budget comedy from the 90s with Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzennegar, he's a tall muscular German guy and he's a short fat Italian guy, and they're twins. The thing is, where's the lines everyone's quoting, where's the fanboys, where's anybody who gives a fuck about the movie as anything other than a moderetly good 90s comedy with Devito and Shwarzennegar. I mean it wasn't bad, but what sets it apart from all the other family friendly Schwarzennegar vehicles he did in the 90s like Kindergarten Cop, Jingle All the Way, and Junior? I don't see why this is considered a film that somebody has to see to call themself a movie fan. I personally wouldn't feel like I'd missed anything if I hadn't seen it.

I mean The Whole Nine Yards was a good movie that did pretty well (good enough for a sequel) and God knows I loved it, but it doesn't deserve a place on this list. Same with I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, one of my favorite movies of all time but not an obvious movie that everybody would have seen. (God damn I fucking love that movie, though)

Not sure when TWINS came out, but I know it was in the 80s. You're over analyzing based on a criteria you came up with and one by which I never claimed to use. You just assumed I'd went by this criteria. But really, TWINS was all over cable TV for years. It was a huge hit in theaters and was the first comedy starring Auhnuld--the biggest movie star of the 80s (and arguably the 90s)--and it also starred one of the most popular comedic actors of the 80s--Danny Devito. People so loved the paring of these two that it was enough to convince studio execs to greenlight that abortion of a comedy Junior almost a decade later. So that's my justification.

And City Slickers probably should've been on the list to rep Billy Crystal. It could've gone on instead of Stripes or 3 Amigos...I just liked both those films more.

• 2 weeks later...
Blazing saddles, seriously?

I've seen them all but weird science, but blazing saddles? Comeon...

I will hurt you with a semi-blunt object. That is one of the funniest fucking films EVOAR!

Also, how are neither of the waynes world films in there?

I agree that is a travesty.

Consider yourself somewhat redeemed.

I've seen all bar about 10. I may have repressed the ones involving steve martin. I find him insufferable.

Archived