Hondo's Bar

Your Game Idea

Keth

Pick a genre!  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 months later...

dont know where i read it, but this is brilliant: i was thinking about how Kojima wanted a Zombie FPS/MMO where once you die, that's it, you're out (i mean, after being zombified and then beheaded, of course) and i got the wave of the future right here: FPS with scarce guns, and DLC bullets.

that's right, no more rapid-fire cheats & such (unless you're rich/stupid), make your shots count in this ripoff Bushido Blade-meets-FPS. i could make a mint.

• 3 months later...

they should do an Eye-Guitar Hero/RockBand thing where its just you and the camera. Playing REAL air guitar. no more expensive instruments. one can argue that they can play air guitar for free, Stoopid! It'd just be cool to have the concept of GH put into the PSEye or project Natal, which who knows, may be able to pull it off :D

• 2 years later...

So, I just got back from seeing Cabin in the Woods again and I can't help but think that it would make for an awesome simulation game (movie spoilers ahead in case you haven't seen it)

You would control the techs in creating a horror film scenario. You could customize the basic appearance of the victims so that it wouldn't be the same 5 each time. The only thing core I think I'd change in the game from the movie is that you decide what attacks the victims. Once that is picked, it basically turns into a choose your own adventure with sim elements. It's basically you vs the victims, controlling weather, chems, lighting, basically everything you see in the movie and more to create a successful sacrifice. But if you don't get things right (WE DIDN'T TREAT THE WEED!!) then there is a possibility of them finding you out causing a game over and end of the world, just like in the movie. And maybe you don't play as the American team either. You could pick countries thus opening all new scenarios.

It could work...

That could be preeeeetty cool axels.

I say it sticks with the movie and

you can't choose what attacks, BUT you can strategically place the implements of their destruction in places that they would pick based on their psych profile or something. So you can nudge them towards a merman something.

Ah yeah that would be better. It'd have a sandbox mode for completely choosing things. And cheats! Lots and lots of cheats! Maybe put in a mode for playing as the victims and make it like Heavy Rain or something.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to drop a few buzzwords. Look me in the eyes and fucking TELL me it doesn't make you cum just thinking about it.

Free roam.

Dinosaur.

RPG.

This is spawned from that wacky toy shit in the Jurassic park thread.

okay, so you're like this super evolving dino, right? You guys ever play E.V.O.:The Search for Eden back in the day? If not, stop reading this bullshit and go knock that out.

Basically, you kill shit, you get points, you spend them the upgrade different body parts. So you start out as like a generic little shit dinosaur, but you can grind and evolve shit like a better jaw (with tiers leading up to T-Rex), a stegosaurus tail, raptor claws, etc.

And you go and get quests from other packs of dinosaurs. Maybe they only accept you if you look enough like them, so it forces you to temporarily try out body part combinations you wouldn't normally, instead of just min/maxing.

THIS SHIT WOULD BE SWEET, YO!

Right! Yeah, Spore ripped E.V.O.'s schtick hard. My beef with Spore was that it tried to be everything. They want you to spend all your time in the space stage, but man, that FIRST (well, 2nd I guess. I only did the ameoba shit once) stage is the real blast. Problem is there just isn't enough meat to it. It gets dull and you have to progress.

So this would be like a fleshed out, badass, dinosaur themed version of the creature stage of spore.

Wheres the fighting genre???

Anyway, I would make a game where all the sports mascots went at it.

They'd be put in an environment where they would prank each other using objects in said environment beaeting the crap out of each other (i.e: an ESPN office).

It would be the fighting genre simply because it would be players destroying each other until theyre dead. Winner would be essentially decided on creativity of traps etc.

Game for mascots never happened before.. would be awesome as long as curt schilling doesnt get his hands on this idea.

• 2 months later...

28 Days Later the game. I think I'd skip a story in favor of a huge survival mode. You find a building, house, grocery store etc, and fortify the shit out of it (or the best you can with what you have.) Basically what I described on page on with my zombie idea, but the main difference is that if you get found out by the Infected you are pretty fucked from the get go. It would rely on tension and immersive gameplay. Being stuck in a house trying to survive isnt that exciting by itself, but after finding out what happens when the Infected know you are there would make it alot more intense. Now, if you are lucky enough and can get away, you can try and find another shack to fortify. Getting a vehicle would be made into a big challenge. weapons are next to none. Rely on stamina and running (parkour?) to get around the city and away from infected. There would be alot more elements, but I think this could work well if done right. There's a few ways this could work I suppose.

you know what... now that marvel has shifted to rendered sprites we cou FINALLY see a DC vs Marvel...

Otherwise I would make a game called "Marvelous reads vs Detective paper-books"

on the cover would be "the badger vs Superguy"

That was actually fucking awesome. Credit where it's due.

• 4 months later...

There's one idea I've been thinking about the past few days I think would be pretty sweet. A survival horror aboard a haunted ship lost at sea. Something that evokes the feeling of one of those old paintings of ships at sea during a storm or something kinda like this

3qyT87A.jpg

I think if done right it would be creepy as hell. Even stuff like lone ships being ambushed by a sea monster would be creepy. It's harder to explain than the way I'm picturing in my head though.

Edited by axel_napalm

• 3 weeks later...

There's one idea I've been thinking about the past few days I think would be pretty sweet. A survival horror aboard a haunted ship lost at sea. Something that evokes the feeling of one of those old paintings of ships at sea during a storm or something kinda like this

http://www.avault.com/reviews/pc/morpheus-pc-review/

Enjoy!

...also we need more games like this.

• Upvote 1

God Of War 5:

If you played GOW 3 you know that Kratos murders the ever loving shit out of Mt. Olympus. EVERYBODY. Titans, Gods, The Gods sons. Mt. Olympus is pretty much gone after that game, and you're left thinking that Kratos is dead. Thinking, because when it's all said and done, there is no body. That also leads me to believe that he could be very much alive.

Now, they pretty much fix the dead problem with the newest game, Ascension, by having it be a prequel. No messy story bumps in trying to revive Kratos, even though there is that possibility of him living. This leads me to my God Of War 5 idea-- Kratos is now a God killer. That's his goal in life. He hates anything that acts as a God now so he goes on a mission to destroy them all. But where is he going to go next after destroying Mount Olympus, you ask. Easy.

lwNAYCd.gif

Motherfucking Asgard. Kratos goes Viking. Make it happen Sony.

That idea's been floating around since god of war 3 came out, and they could probably squeeze it by as nobody actually listens to the people who still worship them but it hits a wall after that. The Egyptian gods all got along way too well and all the cool Asian/middle eastern pantheons are still worshipped by people who can and will get super pissed and vocal about some Greek asshole sodomizing their gods with a burning rusty cleaver. I submit that they just reskin kratos as hellboy and we can just go around the world fucking up mythical creatures like a boss.

• 3 years later...

Today at work all day was pretty much a very long Zelda discussion. Twilight Princess HD has me thinking about the game alot and today we talked about a lot of things like where we think the series should go and my problem with some of the timeline stuff. Talking about the future of the series we all kinda started brainstorming ideas we thought would be cool. Some are more radical than others.

Western: I know there was a discussion on here about a Western Zelda that didn't go over well with a few people I think. I still think that could be awesome. Give Link a green duster, replace his bow with some pistols and make it a mystic western or something. I definitely think it could work on some level.

Futuristic/Cyberpunk- Link has a cybernetic hand that houses all of the tools he ends up getting: Hookshot, shield, boomeraing. All of these come out of a robotic hand after it gets upgraded in different dungeons.

Old Man Link: Instead of starting the game off as a youth, we play as an older version of Link. I'm thinking an old man, but even a middle aged guy would work. Even if it's a previous Link we have played as and he goes on a new adventure as an elder. They could even incorporate the robohand into this as steampunk tech or something.

We talked about other stuff too, like the series having more RPG elements or non linear gameplay, though I think that's getting into trickier territory. Mainly I'd love to see the Zelda series get a thematic overhaul somehow. Make Zelda the playable character (or just give us a female Link), new game mechanics, combat, something to make it exciting. I know they do different stuff with each entry, but I'd love to see it go off the rails, if only once to see what could happen.

honestly, after Zelda WU - which looks to be an answer to a lot've fan wishes, from open world to the art style - i'll prolly be down for something different. again, the smaller stories (majora's, awakening, minish) have been some of my favorites, and the deviations like spirit tracks didn't work for me more due to controls/design than setting.

there's already a lotta talk about a zelda game where link's a female, i'd be down for more gaiden stuff but i don't know how much further past western i'd go, personally: if you have a really interesting zelda-like in say a cyberpunk-y setting & let's say it pulls a Darksiders, where you keep some of the good stuff & shed some of the troupes...honestly when its quality & that much of its own thing, i almost feel its a disservice sticking it with a "safe" franchise where people's expectations might blind many to what its trying to do, you know?

in my mind, it's Chrono Cross syndrome: it's prolly a great game in there, but the name brought certain expectations i never got over.