Hondo's Bar

Your Game Idea

Keth

Pick a genre!  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everybody loves to hate on this game - but one of my fav NES games is Roger Rabbit.

Huge open world and it's essentially a scavenger hunt for randomly placed items that you need to collect in order to access the final boss, Doom. You gotta search and explore 3 huge different areas: L.A., City Outskirts and Toon Town - a different experience everytime you boot up.

Yes, Doom was damn-near impossible to beat and searching buildings could get insanely repetitive - but I loved the premise. Spent so much time in that game. I've tried to rebuild the game with updated sprites n' such - but failed horribly. The project consumed me.

A Legend of Zelda that is never the same game twice (random key-item placement, dungeon treasures, boss encounters) sounds exciting to me. Don't know 'bout a gun-totting Link - I think you gotta keep it in the swords n' sorcery domain. Magic sword, goblins n' fairies - if it ain't broke...

(This game was my GTA back in the day)

tumblr_o3v0szz9dN1vndct2o1_1280.jpg

• 1 year later...

If I was creating a game it'd be sandbox with upgradeable everything like GTA San Andreas, but I voted fighter because something I've always wanted to see was a fighter with personal politics

By which I mean stat boosts or deficits based on either story-history or in-game results. I spose the Nemesis system Shadow of Mordor and the new Xcom 2 expansion use would suit the purpose just fine. 

Not like I'll ever finish this one anyway.

I've started super-rough basic work on a public nudity stealth game. Basically, the super thin premise is that you're on vacation and you do the classic "I'm going to step outside my hotel room wearing nothing but my socks and oh no I got locked out" routine.

In your moment of panic, you remember you have a fresh set of clothes sitting on your bed at home, so you naturally start trying to sneak home to get your clothes. Of course, you're vacationing, like, 1000 miles away, but that won't stop you.

The journey takes you through cities, suburbs, farmland, etc. With you trying to get from Point A to Point B with minimal detection. Your socks act as your inventory, and there are shops and such that you come across in the form of nudist colonies and homeless camps.

Top-ish down, 2.5d game with emphasis on stealth. Coming to Steam as soon as I get my head out of my ass and actually work on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...

I want a Persona-esque rpg game that takes place in Mexico instead of Japan. The monsters you capture would be based on Alibrijes with elements of the game exploring Mexican customs and holidays, much like Persona did with Japanese culture. The main reason I want this though, is for Rodrigo y Gabriela to do the soundtrack.

• Like 1

oh hell yeah i'd play that, and dig that OST too.  i just need more varied settings. 

i know ive said it but watching the new blade runner just makes me want more noir shit.  never played the PC blade runner game but rise of the dragon, grim fandango, ghost trick, both hotel dusks & the like, i can't get enough...i even liked the shit kojima tried to pull in the 3rd stage of MGS4.  so much can be done in that genre/setting. 

oh wait wait, i had an actual game idea: so there's a lot of farm simulators, train simulators are huge, etc.  i was just talking to donny this weekend about how i'd be all about a VR game that lets you go in & out of otherwise mundane jobs, like just a slice of them you know?  here, for 10 minutes, you do paperwork in a general HR dept.  once in a while you're gonna clean exotic animal pens at the zoo, or be a lumberjack for a short while, just kinda bounce you back & forth from office/cubicle type shit (auditing accounts, clerical work and the like) to cleaning windows, delivering packages in a rural community, etc.  i dunno, i just thought it'd be neat, if someone really tried to make it accurate...like, a warioware microgame collection of stuff people do. 

• Like 1

One of my (many) game ideas was a first person shooter ala Call of Duty, but in Vietnam. And make it ACCURATE. Obviously, never allowing you to commit war crimes (it was all a war crime), but instead have some storylines focus on stopping rogue marines. Dense jungle maps. Patrols. Base defense. Helos. Napalm. Some drug use. Fuck, man, and make it serious as shit. No GTA levity. Dark. Graphic. Controversial. Like the war itself. And, lastly, create the greatest soundtrack of any game. Ever.

• Like 1

fuck, i'd be down for that too - do you just keep assuming control of other players when yours dies?  

ive had ideas for horror games but nothing solid enough to build around.  part of my mind gets stuck because i just adore haunted houses/mansions as settings too much to branch out. 

1 minute ago, The NZA said:

fuck, i'd be down for that too - do you just keep assuming control of other players when yours dies?  

Damn. Maybe depending on the difficulty? Like on "easy" or "casual" you follow one character and he just respawns, but on "hard" the members of a squad are playable and you keep switching randomly to the next guy as you die? It'd be interesting too if every new guy you switch to mentions your last guy. Some negative. Some positive. LIke if you shot an enemy dead that was shooting at him in an earlier level and the computer generated a positive response? Fuck, that'd be crazy.

• Like 1