Hondo's Bar

last.fm

Lorelei

My iScrobble pissed me off for the last time, so I moved over to imeem.com.

There's no way I could ever categorize what music I listen to, but here are some bands:

Tigerlillies

Delirium

Crass

Johnny Cash

Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five

Testament

Machines of Loving Grace

The Flaming Lips

Aquabats :excellent:

NO FX

Outkast

I also listen to the Fear and Loathin in Las Vegas soundtrack pretty regularly, as well as Kicks, Joy, Darkness (a spoken word compilation of the poetry of Jack Kerouac).

Such and such and so on!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it.

Also, it seemed my scrobble shit worked for a few days, and now it's not holding any songs. I've listened to stuff since Less Than Jake! On my profile, it says what I'm listening to currently, then dumps it. Not holding any songs :( poo.

yeah, according to my profile i have'nt listened to music in nine days, did you figure out what the problem was?

• 11 months later...

so, MH put this site out there a while ago, and from work, ive really enjoyed learning new shit via the Nujabees station. what kills me is, i can add artists and even found out how to add individual tracks to my library, but i cant sort out how to just go and listen to one particular song im in the mood for. is this an option, or am i doing it wrong?

really wanted to build a solid playlist before this gets integrated into X-box live later on (assuming you could listen in-game, cause if not, its kinda not worth much to me).

Yeah recently got back into this after registering many years ago and forgetting about. Nick, I think they dont let you listen to stuff on-demand to prevent piracy or some shit. Would be good though.

The radio thing is pay-to-play now but its only 3 bucks a month and I get a good bit of use out if it and discover some new stuff so I ponied up. I noticed a recently joined Register n' Run* heard from us on last.fm so there you go Nick. Exposure much?

*Yeah I am trying to start something here

meh. i just use my zune account, which allows me to download to my device, put the music on my xbox360 (so i can hear it while i play) and so forth. last fm is so 2 years ago. Even when they do go to xboxlive it's going to be completley useless for those of us who have already taken advantage of the sheer and wonderful joy that is zune.

MH is so good at finding threads. i loathe how our search engine wont tolerate puncutation or anything less than 4 letters.

Yeah recently got back into this after registering many years ago and forgetting about. Nick, I think they dont let you listen to stuff on-demand to prevent piracy or some shit. Would be good though.

The radio thing is pay-to-play now but its only 3 bucks a month and I get a good bit of use out if it and discover some new stuff so I ponied up

yeah, i was thinking that might be it. there's been sites before that'd stream an mp3 of your choice though, no? mebbe they just stayed under the radar.

you're right though - its useful for learning new, obscure shit, i like that about it. i just dont get why it let me add a track to my "library" that i coudlnt figure out how to play.

also, "Register & Run" does sound better than "hit it & quit it".

MH is so good at finding threads. i loathe how our search engine wont tolerate puncutation or anything less than 4 letters.

yeah, i was thinking that might be it. there's been sites before that'd stream an mp3 of your choice though, no? mebbe they just stayed under the radar.

you're right though - its useful for learning new, obscure shit, i like that about it. i just dont get why it let me add a track to my "library" that i coudlnt figure out how to play.

also, "Register & Run" does sound better than "hit it & quit it".

Heh awesomes

I looked into it and apparently they are classified as a for reals radio service so they have to abide by airplay regulations which limits the amount of times they can play a certain artist or album in a specified timeframe.

Oh and add meeee: www.last.fm/user/crimsonfire05

^_^ Thank you sir! It sure was a rascal to find... took me a little under thirty minutes, I think. Which is much longer than it should take me, haha!

Windows Media Player will periodically turn scrobbling off, so I have to go turn it back on, but otherwise it works pretty well. I also have audio-scrobble software/player thingy that does it.

Archived