Hondo's Bar

New Forum: Figures, Statues and Collectibles?

Panch

Toy Forum.  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are... You replying to my statement in FC regarding this slow patch/ the current state of Hondos? Or is that post somehow relevant to the matter of another subforum for toys? Because if I need to dissect my above post to make sense I will: I'm just saying that radically changing shit for the sake of it will not bring increased traffic. It'll simply give people a whole new range of topics & threads that they're not discussing right now, to continue ignoring, and will further the cause of making this place more inaccessible with it's many & varied superfluous forums & subforums

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I'm saying we need less sub-forums and consolidating shit is the way to go. If people are really keen on this collectables forum I'm saying we need to make it as all-encompassing as possible so we don't having people baying for another forum dedicated to something quite similar six months down the track.

And its not about increasing traffic, that'll happen by itself, it's about making the place more navigable(sp?) for older members as well as new ones.

True that. How were we fighting about wanting the same thing then? I voted 'no' for a designated forum, but when you make all this sexy talk of consolidation I can get on board. The tricky part of consolidation is, everything there at the moment was created initially with Hondos Founders in mind, and you know how sentimental NZA is about keeping people's names on the door. I'm the first to admit, much as it hurts, Fight Club probably needs to combine with something to continue functioning. It's probably gathering more dust than anything else right now

Oh, that's not what I'm talking about at all. Case in point- I don't know the difference between Philosophy & cultcher, but the fact is we DON'T HAVE A FUCKING NASCAR FORUM SO THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. What I'm more meaning is the fact that with combinings and consolidations taking place willy-nilly, it's gonna confuse the kudos Nick basically has in place for the people who don't post anymore(despite that fag Arc asking to be taken off FC. I showed that cunt, lookit FC now!).

Oh...

Okay, back to the relevant topic at hand...

First let me say, I am not exactly a regular around here, even though I've been signed up for a long time. The Vast Bulky-ness of the forum sections is confusing to someone who has not lived forever inside it. Part of this is the names, ie. The Pimp Hand and The Crap Shack. No one who hasn't been here has any idea what is in there until they open it up and dig around. Between unconventional names and the shear size of the list, if they had something they wanted to say, and they can't easily find the spot to say it, they may not say it at all, dropping overall traffic.

The other problem I've had is exemplified above. I would love to be able to start talking and posting about warhammer, dnd, whatever, but there is no place to do so. The existing forums cover a lot of ground, but there isn't any place for certain things, and no real true Misc category. I think a lot of the stuff that got its own forum section might easily be condensed in to a subsection of Misc, or something similar. I don't mind posting in the Table Top Games forum, under the Gaming forum (next to Nintendorks) under the Entertainment forum, rather than the giant Entertainment section. Once I found my niche, it's easy to post to it, but its hard to find the niche in the giant list.

There's my $0.02, shot from my brain before the morning coffee dose.

I hear you on that,and while we do have one thread about how 4th edition got leaked online early over in Culture and Sociology, there are other places I think it would fit a little better: Sports, philosophy, or arts and literature. So take your pick and post away (especially about dnd).

Feasibly most real world games could find a home in Sports, Culture, Nintendorks (maybe?) or even Pimp Hand. The collecting and painting side of things like warhammer is Art and Lit for sure. Comic statues - Fantastic forum, assorted nerdy statues - pimp hand and maybe culture, straight out toys - again culture or pimp hand.

Feasibly most real world games could find a home in Sports, Culture, Nintendorks (maybe?) or even Pimp Hand. The collecting and painting side of things like warhammer is Art and Lit for sure. Comic statues - Fantastic forum, assorted nerdy statues - pimp hand and maybe culture, straight out toys - again culture or pimp hand.

:D

magic system fixed, wizards no longer brokenly stupid, no longer a large disparity between classes, no longer any utterly useless classes, every class has it's niche and importance and each role is clearly defined, classes structured and game specifically designed around teamwork, no more need to rely on a magic item to be a badass, no more wasted 'spell slots' that are useless at higher levels, and it doesn't take a week to make a good character.

yea. It's better.

Holy shit It's rare I look at Hondos Content and go 'wow, whatta buncha nerds'.

I've said for the longest time the Pimp hand is a broken forum that desperately needs refitting. Right now it houses the most eclectic collection of(for the most part) neglected threads. If anything new had to be put anywhere, it's gotta be there. Also with a new name maybe. Chiefy & Jes are the overall mods, and being nerds too it's only fitting.

Cue Jax with awesome new name.

magic system fixed, wizards no longer brokenly stupid, no longer a large disparity between classes, no longer any utterly useless classes, every class has it's niche and importance and each role is clearly defined, classes structured and game specifically designed around teamwork, no more need to rely on a magic item to be a badass, no more wasted 'spell slots' that are useless at higher levels, and it doesn't take a week to make a good character.yea. It's better.

Its still LARPing. Thus, it is not better. So there

Also:

21001431.jpg

Nerds?!

That is all.

I've said for the longest time the Pimp hand is a broken forum that desperately needs refitting. Right now it houses the most eclectic collection of(for the most part) neglected threads. If anything new had to be put anywhere, it's gotta be there. Also with a new name maybe. Chiefy & Jes are the overall mods, and being nerds too it's only fitting.

Cue Jax with awesome new name.

Yeah this is true. A new thread proposing this idea would be the way to go. Nick'll have a rage fit...

you know, looking past JZA's fair point about another forum just cluttering/being off-putting to newbs (i think we all but negated this after forum/sub # 30, myself), you guys are starting to convince me that a hobby catch-all for D&D, figures, all the sort could work. id still like to start as a subforum (or as jumbie calls them, forum ghettos) to see if there's viable interest, but this year, when sub-forum love week comes around, im tempted to put them all out for a week and just see what happens.

as for JZA's Pimp Hand campaign...look, mashing these 2 problems together is about as sexy as a unified field theory, and about as solid from what i understand. i havnet thought about it as much lately, but he's right, PH still needs work/merging, as it basically went from "pimp your site here" (now in hondo's: the gathering?), to random links/videos (still true, but we youtube up blargh more), to its current form, meme central.

Archived