Hondo's Bar

Shin Megami Tensei

The NZA

They need to make a new Devil Summoner or Digital Devil Saga game. I get Persona is all big and stuff right now, but I liked the other SMT games as much if not more than the Persona games. I hate having to explore the damn school and figure where everything is EVERY game....

Not that I would complain about Persona 5 mind you.

I enjoyed DDS from a character crafting standpoint - I could actually spec my fucking party manually with points for killing monsters, rather than breeding the proper one with media instead of dia. But from a story standpoint, I think DDS has served its purpose.

Yeah that is my main contention with why I am really ok with Persona being the series that keeps going. DDS started, evolved, and finished. It is all contained in those 2 (3) games. It is just I played Nocturne and DDS 1 and 2 before I had ever even heard the word Persona or Devil Summoner. And after playing those, the persona series feels like a back-step in terms of gameplay. The stories are top notch, but it took me a while to get used to Persona 3 after DDS.

No doubt they could come up with new stories and make a new DDS, but really they should just take some of what makes DDS unique (from Persona) and put it into a new Persona game. I also enjoyed the setting of DDS more so than just a normal city in Japan with a Demon Tower in it.

God I wanna play DDS and Nocturne again now...

• 9 years later...