Hondo's Bar

Table Top Gaming

Spycer

http://roll20.net/

Roll20 is the easy-to-use virtual tabletop that brings pen and paper gaming to the web the right way. Built on a powerful platform of tools, yet elegantly simple, it focuses on enhancing what makes tabletop gaming great: storytelling and camaraderie. It's incredibly user friendly, and runs right in your web browser, so there's nothing to download or configure.

Looks promising.

• 6 years later...

Anybody still into tabletop gaming nowadays and/or currently playing? I miss these threads where we get swap stories. I attend a Pathfinder and two 3.5 DnD campaigns at a local game store up here in RI, games alternating weekly; I play every Tuesday and Thursday night after work 7:00 -10:00. I guess I just needed to be out of the house.

I wonder what types of characters people are playing now too. In Pathfinder I'm running a straight up Bard rocking a composite longbow; in one 3.5 I've got a Rogue/Streetfighter with dual shortswords and in the other I got a greatsword wielding Cleric/Paladin/Warpriest. I rather like Pathfinder, it's a shored-up iteration of 3.5 that simultaneously keeps, and even expands, the versatility of 3.5 while simplifying many of the more convoluted rule-sets. And I was tickled to discover that they're still printing the 3.5 books after the way Wizard tried to strong-arm the abysmal 4th edition onto us. I hear mixed things about 5th edition, but I've no interest, I guess I've found my preferred system, so I guess I've become one of those clichés griping about 'old-school' and "back in my day." I swear, kids these days...

• Like 1