Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

Thus far I hate that

Lori's an adulterous whore(in the book, with only the once, was forgivable) and that Andrea's like, 90 years old and conveys the attitude of one who fought in 'Nam, as opposed to the sweet young girl who grows the fuck up from the book.

Otherwise, I'm just liking what I'm seeing on-screen, book irrespective.

Thus far I hate that

Lori's an adulterous whore(in the book, with only the once, was forgivable) and that Andrea's like, 90 years old and conveys the attitude of one who fought in 'Nam, as opposed to the sweet young girl who grows the fuck up from the book.

Otherwise, I'm just liking what I'm seeing on-screen, book irrespective.

Seconded about

Lori

I've loved the first two episodes and can't wait for more.

Not to be Baytor or anything, but I also find scenes like the woods one to be completely unnecessary and couldn't be a more obvious stalling tactic than having Kirkman come on screen and talk about how DTE and great a guy he is for the 5 minutes instead.

Seriously, it's a series that promises to be made almost entirely of zombies jumping out of places, don't let's waste precious screen time watching stupid Lori fuck off into the woods.

Yeah, do you have the terrible habit of, everytime you see someone who's now dead going 'Oh I miss them'. I gotta cut that shit out, but I was just so happy then sad to see

Comics spoilers

Jim

again. His story & death were probably the most tragic to date.

Edited by alive she cried
Added Comics spoilers

On bad editing- scene in woods, necklace was next to her, then it was ahead of her somehow, also, chopping up zombie, wearing mask makes point of telling others to not get the zombie goop on their skin (and so on) next time he picks up the axe and starts chopping he doesn't wear the mask. I know, I'm being anal, also, totally agree with JZA on

Not to be Baytor or anything, but I also find scenes like the woods one to be completely unnecessary and couldn't be a more obvious stalling tactic than having Kirkman come on screen and talk about how DTE and great a guy he is for the 5 minutes instead.

other than that I've been pleased with the show so far. never read the books so I don't have anything to go on as far as the actual storyline.

I guess I'm with ya on some of the editing. I didn't notice those, but I did notice the black guy sitting in front of the racist guy talking on the radio all messed up from the fight. Then downstairs during the 'chopping' scene he's cleaned up. Then back in front the racist was fucked up again.

HA! Yeah, spotted that too but I tend to forgive that kinda thing unless it seriously derails the story or is meant to be a goof. Mostly it's just glacial pacing and a little part of the fanboy superiority dying everytime they do something to suprise me that gets me.

Honestly, I don't care. I'm loving this show. Everyone I know that I've put on to the show that hasn't read the book is going crazy for TWD. I thought that they'd like it, but they're loving it. I got a couple folks that are hitting me up for the trades. I told them they should wait til after season one so to not get spoilered. What do you think? Is that the right move? I mean, they're already watching the show, they shouldn't fuck it up for themselves.

Yeah, true. The pacing for each is different and kind of slow even for their respective Mediums(though the show makes the book look like a fucking montage. Pretty sure season finale's gonna be

Rick & Shane &(hopefully, probably not) Carl)

. Still, if we're still collectively agreeing to let outsiders in on our precious medium, who are we to be the gatekeepers?

No way!

Comics spoilers

Carl HAS TO kill Shane! After everyone thinks it's gonna be Rick!

Frank Darabont will direct the shit outta that! Folks won't know what happened. Imagine going to credits after THAT?! People will lose their fucking minds! Season 2 premier? 4 ZILLION viewers!

I thought the woods scene was a great little character moment. Not understanding it getting doused w/ haterade. Walking Dead has never been about the zombies walkers. Its about the people who are still alive.

... Is my point. 1) refer to my previous spoiler'd issue regarding Lori, 2) there's so many better, more subtle opportunities to do the 'stalking POV cam', not to mention it's tired as shit to begin with. That and Shane has a really punchable face.

Just watched episode two. God damn this is a great show. Like Jax I'm also loving that they're changing bits (which is weird, I usually hate that), so I'm getting a newish story that could change anything we "know" is going to happen.

Also

Comics spoilers

on Carl ending, I think it'll go down as we want. The little girl being shot before opening credits in episode one shows what they'll get away with.

Added Comics spoilers

Man, Laurie can't act! At one one point she looks right at the camera. God I hate her. Really my only complaint about this. Fucking amazing show. My heart was gonna jump outta my chest before the 'reunion'. This show is messin' with my EMOTIONS! LOVE IT!

Edited by Panch