Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

• 1 month later...

Finally caught up with TWD in TV format. Still lagging on the comics.

All I can say is AHMAHGAHAHMAHGAH!

Carl finally shot Shane (well, kinda), we don't have to look at him cock his head and be the king of douchebags anymore! Dead Shane! Crazy Rick! Michonne! Prison! Muh zuh guh.... *insert nerdy panic attack here*

2012-03-19.jpg

I like taking shots at Lori as much as the next guy, she really neither cheated on Rick nor abandoned him in a coma. Shane thought Rick was dead. Shane Told Lori Rick was dead. They moved on. Zombie apocalypse, bro. A sista has to get hers, too.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
bitches gotta get thern

Ah I know all this but I stand by the Carl point. He's an eleven year old boy not a set of keys.

As for Michonne (I take it spoilers aren't necessary at this point) how badass did that look? Lifted straight from the pages! Right down to her "family." it seems to be dovetailing nicely with the comics. Me gusta.

I agree with Baytor. He was a slimeball. He was cooking that shit up before the zombie thing even happened from what I've seen in the comics and the show. Maybe not offing Rick but he definitely had a thing for Lori all along.

Honestly, if that's the case it really cheapens the character.

It's explained that Rick and Shane were (we assume long time) best friends. That Shane tormented himself over not being able to save Rick, and then having to leave him. At the moment he leaves Rick, the dead are rising, the army are slaughtering innocent people and just general chaos everywhere. Are you really saying that while all this was going on it's not possible for him to have missed a feint heartbeat?

Then after all that (and the reason that Shane's fall is so hard and entertaining to watch), he's forced to look on as the family he has saved (out of respect for his dead best friend) and forged in this world of shit, is taken away from him by his best friend's return. Imagine the conflicted emotions he would be experiencing, hating the fact that your best friend isn't dead. What the fuck would that do to someone?

Now if Shane was just this conniving dickhead that lusted after his best friends wife, and was glad to see him die then he's just a generic bad guy who's story would hardly be worthy of a couple episodes/issues (and remember the only reason that Shane died so early in the comics was because Kirkman didn't know if they'd be able to make any more and he wanted to be able to do a finished story).

Edited by alive she cried

I never thought Shane left Rick there on purpose. There was obviously no way that he could have gotten him out of the hospital. As for him thinking Rick was dead, I think he knew he was definitely alive when he left him... sure he probably thought the zombies got to him after and he was dead that way, but he put that table in front of his door with the thought that Rick was alive. I don't think any of it was out of spite though. ASC is right that it would have cheapened his character if he did it just to be a dick. Now once Rick came back to the camp, THEN that's when Shane started doing things for the sake of being a dick. Before though, he didn't have a lot of choices.

It's explained that Rick and Shane were (we assume long time) best friends. That Shane tormented himself over not being able to save Rick, and then having to leave him. At the moment he leaves Rick, the dead are rising, the army are slaughtering innocent people and just general chaos everywhere. Are you really saying that while all this was going on it's not possible for him to have missed a feint heartbeat?

Then after all that (and the reason that Shane's fall is so hard and entertaining to watch), he's forced to look on as the family he has saved (out of respect for his dead best friend) and forged in this world of shit, is taken away from him by his best friend's return. Imagine the conflicted emotions he would be experiencing, hating the fact that your best friend isn't dead. What the fuck would that do to someone?

Now if Shane was just this conniving dickhead that lusted after his best friends life, and was glad to see him die then he's just a generic bad guy who's story would hardly be worthy of a couple episodes/issues (and remember the only reason that Shane died so early in the comics was because Kirkman didn't know if they'd be able to make any more and he wanted to be able to do a finished story).

Suppose I can't argue with that.

I still stand by the opinion that he had feelings for Lori before the shit hit the fan and it influenced some of his actions even at that early stage.

Now if Shane was just this conniving dickhead that lusted after his best friends life, and was glad to see him die then he's just a generic bad guy who's story would hardly be worthy of a couple episodes/issues (and remember the only reason that Shane died so early in the comics was because Kirkman didn't know if they'd be able to make any more and he wanted to be able to do a finished story).

I don't think it was pre-meditated, just like none of the shit Shane did was, he just saw an oppurtunity and rather than doing the right thing he took the more selfish path. It doesn't turn him into a mustache-twirling villain, it just makes him a selfish prick which is in line with everything else his character did.

Hang on. Something has occurred to me. When he listens for Ricks heartbeat has it occurred to anyone that he might have been checking to see if he was dead to alleviate his guilt for what he was about to do anyway? Not entirely sinister as he knows he can't drag Rick, gurney and all, out of a hospital with zombies, trigger happy national guard and general chaos all around. He puts that table in front of the door to give him a fighting chance but his mind seems made up concerning Ricks fate.

• 2 weeks later...

The first behind the scenes S3 teaser has been posted to the Interwebs. Damn, October is a long way off...

<object id="flashObj" width="456" height="388" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1"'>http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1646364047001&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com"'>http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1646364047001&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>