Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

at least the song was morose?

damn this ep moved fast, this is gonna be like that season 1 first ep where some folks jumping in expect that kinda pace and dont get it for much of the season, im guessing. great cliffhanger too, just all around great.

yall saw the previews for the next afterwards? what angle are they playing with the governor (assuming that's him?), is his camp on the premises or right nearby or what?

iAcLp4gF6HZ0U.gifi2Dl4MVw1VBUz.gif

walking-dead-prison.jpg

366yh9.jpg

5DK4L.png

ps

Kwj83.png

J3mtn.png

comic book spoilers

Like is the governor who Rick is talking to outside the prison? "We spilled blood" scene? I figure that's who he is talking to. Seems they are setting it up for a showdown not too different form the books.

Since they love switching the little things though- I see Darryl being the one getting done in Tyreese style by the governor. I wouldn't be surprised if Andrea goes rogue also. The way the group drove off, she probably feels a little disdain, and the Governor might try and play that card. Hopefully Michonne gets more screentime too.

But yeah when Michonne does inevitably get to the group, it's gotta be either her or Darryl to go. Both of them there, the group is just too damn powerful to stay interesting. It would be fun to see more competent people taking charge, but I know the powers that be won't allow that.

The Group is a lot less stupid it seems though. Carl can at least handle himself now.

Finally got to see S3E1 tonight. Panchy's gif pretty much sums up my feelings.

comic book spoilers

Like is the governor who Rick is talking to outside the prison? "We spilled blood" scene? I figure that's who he is talking to. Seems they are setting it up for a showdown not too different form the books.

Since they love switching the little things though- I see Darryl being the one getting done in Tyreese style by the governor. I wouldn't be surprised if Andrea goes rogue also. The way the group drove off, she probably feels a little disdain, and the Governor might try and play that card. Hopefully Michonne gets more screentime too.

But yeah when Michonne does inevitably get to the group, it's gotta be either her or Darryl to go. Both of them there, the group is just too damn powerful to stay interesting. It would be fun to see more competent people taking charge, but I know the powers that be won't allow that.

The Group is a lot less stupid it seems though. Carl can at least handle himself now.

Good theories. I thought Michonne was used perfectly though--just enough to leave you wanting more. Everytime she came on screen you knew something cool was gonna go down. But from the S3 trailer released last month it looks like Michonne's role will grow throughout the season as she and Andrea come in contact with . . .

The Gov & Merle. And speaking of changes from the comic, I was surprised they kept the prisoners in the TV show. That's one thing the S3 trailer didn't spoil.

Also, I can't remember--did Herschel loose a leg like that in the comics?

Nope, it was Dale. But since Dale was stupidly killed for no reason they decided to pass it on to another character apparently. I didn't figure Herschel would get out of this season alive anyway.

I knew there was something familiar yet wrong about the whole incident. Thanks for saving me a wiki search and clearing that up!

I've almost given up trying to guess how & when people are going out in this show in relation to the comics. We just got a whole room full of new characters to die this season though, so Herschel may make it out of S3 not dead.

And Dale's main function on the show was to be the balance for Shane. So once Dale was dead that was yet another factor that helped force Rick to be more confrontational w/ Shane and gave more motivation for how things went down w/ Rick and Shane. But I liked Dale and the actor that played him, so even w/ what I just wrote in mind-- yeah, Dale's death was stupid.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
RIP Dale

Comic spoilers, not not from any recent comics:

In the comics, Hershel died when they lost the farm, Maggie was the only survivor from Hershel's family. In the comics, Dale lives much longer, until well after the prison arc, and has both his legs amputated. Between this and several other differences, like Shane living to make it to Hershel's farm, and Sophia turning and dying while Carol lives, you can kiss away any thoughts you had that you can predict where this show is going by having read the books.

trying to remember exactly when Hershel ate it in the book...also wasnt it talked about that Dale exited stage left over something like a pay dispute, or did that not actually happen?

He died when the Governor took over the prison, Maggie, Herschel, Otis, the boy, and Otis' frumpy wife all made it out of the farm alive and went to live in the prison for like 3 trades. Only Otis was dead before the Governor ruined Christmas for everyone. Dale also only had the one leg amputated, Jax is very bad at remembering how things went down.

And I'd have to disagree with the Dale as Shane's conscience thing, Dale was everybody's conscience. He was the guy who everybody to turn to in matters of civility because Herschel's a little too right wing and Rick enjoys killing things a bit too much.

First off, great episode. Loving Carl and most people being more efficient and Rick being super pissed at Lori, which...

Comic book spoilers

...is different from the comics. Reading back, Rick is in a way better place mentally at this stage in the comics. It makes sense though as the Shane debacle was more drawn out (in a good way) and Lori is way more of a cunt in the show.

He died when the Governor took over the prison, Maggie, Herschel, Otis, the boy, and Otis' frumpy wife all made it out of the farm alive and went to live in the prison for like 3 trades. Only Otis was dead before the Governor ruined Christmas for everyone. Dale also only had the one leg amputated, Jax is very bad at remembering how things went down.

And I'd have to disagree with the Dale as Shane's conscience thing, Dale was everybody's conscience. He was the guy who everybody to turn to in matters of civility because Herschel's a little too right wing and Rick enjoys killing things a bit too much.

Comic spoilers

Yeah I don't know what book Jax read, but Hershel died along with half the cast after the Governor invaded. Regarding Dale dying though, I think it was great for a few reasons: 1. It leaves the group in a more vulnerable place mentally, especially Rick, who if it follows the comics, is due a breakdown by (the latest) this season's end. 2. It hammered home the fact that anybody (except Rick (If he dies, it'll be last episode ever)) can die, for general viewers. 3. It hammered home the fact that anybody (except Rick (If he dies, it'll be last episode ever)) can die, for fans of the comic.

That's what I'm hoping^

Thinking Merle was in the bushes spying on Carol, or maybe the helicopter crash/woodbury stuff is a flashback leading to the current stuff? Leaning towards Merle though tracking down Darryl. Everyone is a billion times more useful this time around also. I actually want Carl and T-Dog to stick around. There's a lot to look forward to next week.