Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

HUGE SPOILERY IMAGE DUMP

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Re: Tyrone/Tyrese/T-Dawg:

Kirkman said in interviews last year that Tyrese is NOT T-Dawg. The Gov.'s "man" may indeed be the TV Tyrese though.

S3E3 in general:

I was pleasantly surprised we got an entire episode in Woodbury. Is it just me or is the Gov. coming off as way more likable than he did in the comics? Even when he killed those Natl. Guard soldiers he was basically doing what Rick did when he killed Los Lobos and his bitch at the prison. And Andrea starts getting all wet and flirty w/ him and he shuts her down creeper style. And then you get the last scene and we see, nah, this guy is a whole other level of fucked up beyond what Rick & co. are. This is shaping up to be a great season. I hope they can keep it up

Also, has anyone read that novelization about the Governor that was a prequel to his appearance in the comics? I'm wondering if anything from that book is showing up in the TV show.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I swear this is coming in the mail-

Dear JZA,

I just want you to love me. I'm insecure and require constant validation from my fanbase. It's exactly why I throw self-depricating jokes in where I can and try way too fucking hard to present myself as 'just another fanboy come good'. As a further act to make you fucking love me I've just seen to it your two least favourite characters from the show get eaten to shit. The cherry on top is some resonating shit where Carl gets to kill his own shitty mother, something you were robbed of doing.

It's all for you JZA.

Robert Jerkman

This season of Walking Dead may come out as the high point of 2012 tv!

Edited by The JZA

I still give that honor to Episode 1-1. But this one comes damn close.

I really am glad Lori is finally dead. I know I could've gone with or without T-dog, but it was sad to see him get it just when he was starting to become relevant. I actually would have liked to see the dynamic between him and Merle if it ever got to that.

Edited by axel_napalm

I had just decided to make T-Dog my sleeper favorite. I mean, I've always loved him, but I was now willing to trade Tyrese for an extended T-Dog role. THEN THEY OFF HIM! And not in some quick, merciful way. THE MOTHERFUCKER GETS EATEN ALIVE! He dies a hero, but still :/

Lori dying was a long time coming. We all knew it was going to happen, but that was a shock. Having The Governor 2 Carl shoot her... was nuts.

We don't see Lori get shot, so I dunno, I think a special re-surfacing perhaps. Also, reading through the comics, I think Daryl is maybe our Tyrese. Just sayin', feel free to shoot it down, but its what is sitting comfortably with me as of now. Either way, great ep, and I feel for rick more than I prolly should, considering he's left thinking his wife is dead and he's never made peace.

Anyone else notice the parallel between T-Dog's death and Dale's? Dale was the sole voice on the side of making the humane choice rather than the cold, calculated choice that puts the safety of the group over what would have been considered decent in the world before walkers. Dale spoke out against executing the kids they captured, and T-Dog spoke out in favor of being Axel and Oscar into the group. I think that going forward, we can anticipate that if any character speaks up for human decency, they will die that very episode.

DOJ-

there's no way in hell she survived that. a dirty knife and removing the intestines around like that would have killed her...slowly...but it would have killed her. i know...haha. I've seen my guts taken out for two kids. No fucking way she would have survived that.

Rick sold this episode for me. i didn't feel any emotion until i saw his reaction to Carl. I just about lost it and started bawling with him. That guy deserves an Emmy. Fo' reals.

Bringing Axel into the group is going to be a mistake. I can feel it.

there's only one little girl's head he can take off, though

plus we traded t-dog for tyrese (only one brother cap, apparently) so yeah.

sorry i wanna be more hyped here but i had the big moments ruined on facebook....