Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

A quick question for those of you who read the book. Do you think they are taking the evilness of the governor far enough?

Yeah, I think he'll get more evil as the series progresses.

They humanized him more in the TV show, which makes him a richer character and hopefully a more entertaining villain down the line. I've no doubt he'll show his full on Joker side shortly. I let a big piece of him show this week in Maggie's rapy interrogation.

Ahaha there you go.

I'm really getting sick of Andrea though. I think she is the biggest departure from the books so far character wise.

Yeah, she needs to be less skanky cheerleader and more rifle team badass.

I think it's been asked numerous times in here, but has anyone gotten a chance to read the novels about the Governor pre-Woodbury? I hear really good things about them and they are supposed to expand on him quite nicely.

Edited by axel_napalm

Holy almost rape Batman! And I felt for Glenn. I wanted to beat the shit out of the Governor and he doesn't exist (yet. Duh, the real zombie apocalypse hasn't begun yet.) Way to go for Glenn kicking zombie ass though. Man, my adrenaline was pumping the whole episode!

FINE! Hondonians making me read and shit...

Be sure to post your review in the Literature forum. You do realize we have one, right? :2T:

Holy almost rape Batman! And I felt for Glenn. I wanted to beat the shit out of the Governor and he doesn't exist (yet. Duh, the real zombie apocalypse hasn't begun yet.) Way to go for Glenn kicking zombie ass though. Man, my adrenaline was pumping the whole episode!

Yeah, not enough credit was given to him here. He was wholly badass in this last episode.

• Downvote 1

i think we were all expecting a Dixon family reunion, but speaking personally, I was not expecting it to go down like that. When Merle let Michonne go two episodes ago, I knew it would come back to bite him in the ass, but somehow when Michonne and the Governor had their reunion, I didn't think of what that would mean for Merle for lying about killing her, so when he announced to the people if Woodbury that Merle was a traitor, I was NOT expecting it. A lot was shown in the preview for the next episode, but I couldn't make much sense of it. Looks like the rescue party heads back to the prison without rescuing Daryl, but maybe not..

Yeah it looks like there was alot more of that tear gas. It looks like Merle might join the group also. There was a small snippet of Glenn and Maggie getting upset when they see someone with Rick.

Also, Tyreese! And they sure have done such a good job of turning Carl from annoying character to utter badass.

So, on last night on Talking Dead, AMC's talk show about The Walking Dead, they announced a few things:

1) The Walking Dead will return on February 10. Previously, the only thing confirmed was that it would be February.

2) Talking Dead will now air immediately after the premiere of new episodes. Previously, the new episode would air at 9E, the exact same episode would reair at 10E, and then Talking Dead would air at 11E. Now it will air at 10E and...

3) it will go from 30 minutes to a full hour. Presumably AMC is seeing a respectable percentage of the lead in audience for TWD stick around for TD, a show that is probably very inexpensive to produce, even by talk show standards. They probably feel like they could get even more audience if its lead in was the premiere airing of TWD, and that the cost of expanding it to a full hour would yield a profitable return.

Edited by Reverend Jax

An hour of Talking Dead would is going to be awesome!

Corrected. This is confirmed, not rumored.

What seating arrangement do you think would work better? Individual chairs and desk, like this:

2011-02-04-RealTimeBillMaher.jpg

Something about a Walking Dead talk show demands a certain level of casualness that I think a table would undermine.

Has there been someone from Newsweek on Talking Dead? Usually the guest not directly involved in the show are celebrities that are huge fans of the show, like Patton Oswald, Sarah Silverman, Felicia Day, Kevin Smith, Aisha Tyler, Paul F Tompkins, Wil Wheaton and Zachery Levi, and I think they are a great contribution. The people on the show have to be tight lipped about the things they known about in future episodes. The fans are free to be speculative and hypothesize. Sometimes the fan guest doesn't have much to add, but generally they work out great because they are professional performers, so they know how to be interesting on TV. I think the formula they have is great. The host plus three guests would be too many, the host and one guest would basically be an interview show.

Actually I think it was Entertainment Weekly.... which makes more sense.

I've just started watching Talking Dead this season so the whole "guests not getting their fair chance to talk" isn't as much of a thing as I initially think. Expanding it to an hour is definitely a good thing. It'll be fun to see more behind the scenes stuff for sure.