Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great Premiere!

Agreed!

not digging ghost Lori too much. I kinda hope they wrap up batshit rick soon and bring back good leader Rick.

Yeah, I didn't like that one bit. It felt a bit contrived...

At least when he saw Shane during the battle at Woodbury there was an actual person he mistook for Shane that bore Shane some resemblance and it was a high stress situation. Now Rick's just seeing shit randomly. I guess you could say the stress of dealing w/ taking on new people, new responsibilities, making more life or death decisions was a stressor for Rick in that scene, but it felt like a big leap for him to not only randomly see a hallucination like that, but to also lose control and start talking to his hallucination and swinging his gun around. His grasp on sanity isn't breaking, it's gone.

Also, that scene w/ Herschel and Maggie in the cell after she returned was fantastic. The guy that plays Herschel should at least get an Emmy nod for that scene alone.

Next episode should be very interesting...

Andrea trying to play peacemaker? Brother's Dixon on the road. Glen and Maggie all PTSD'd. Rick loco. The new white guys are likely staging a coup, and Tyrese and his wife(?) will now likely be a little torn seeing Rick's reaction. Good stuff ahead.

I'm glad that they are still going to follow Darryl Merle. I thought that could have been the last we see of him, at least for awhile, which actually would have been ok with me. I would have been upset, but it would have been a better way for his character to leave than a shitty on screen death, but still glad he's sticking around. That's gonna be a badass little story arc.

Rick is making a lot of stupid choices pushing all of the strongest people away right now. "Oh that badass with the swords? She's gotta go."

it truly was.

was talkin to panch about it, i dunno about crazy-rick either (helluva intro to Ty, tho), but the whole timeline's accelerated so maybe it'll work...part of me thinks it just serves to creative a rift/divide so part of the camp isnt around to get massacred when the invasion happens.

panch thinks an early attempt at said invasion happens/fails to get rick & the guv'nah more acquainted...he also thinks its possible the big tank-at-the-gates finale mgiht not happen till next season, which i have a hard time seeing with like 7 eps left, but who knows.

kertins threw a fit with ghost-lori "I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE SEEING THIS BITCH, UGH", haha...me, it just hurts seeing an RPG party where all the A-list people are on sidequests/unavaiable. Andrea: boosting your enemy's morale, Michonne: non-trustworthy because she's paranoid and awesome, Daryl: sorry bro we cant keep your bro in a cell or something, peace Ty: well okay i guess you can staWAIT WHAT WAS THAT, EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT

not digging ghost Lori too much. I kinda hope they wrap up batshit rick soon and bring back good leader Rick.

<br>At least when he saw Shane during the battle at Woodbury there was an actual person he mistook for Shane that bore Shane some resemblance and it was a high stress situation. Now Rick's just seeing shit randomly. I guess you could say the stress of dealing w/ taking on new people, new responsibilities, making more life or death decisions was a stressor for Rick in that scene, but it felt like a big leap for him to not only randomly see a hallucination like that, but to also lose control and start talking to his hallucination and swinging his gun around. His grasp on sanity isn't breaking, it's gone.

Comic spoilers

Wait, I don't see how seeing ghost Lori is that big of a leap, ye remember that he had a series of conversations with his dead wife on the telephone right? seeing Shane and now Lori makes sense to me, the guy is always tired, scared, exhausted and under serious pressure, he's primed to snap. Remember as well, in the comics Rick goes off the deep end and the group decide he's not leader anymore, that the responsibility will be shared.

Edited by alive she cried

Comic spoilers

Wait, I don't see how seeing ghost Lori is that big of a leap, ye remember that he had a series of conversations with his dead wife on the telephone right? seeing Shane and now Lori makes sense to me, the guy is always tired, scared, exhausted and under serious pressure, he's primed to snap. Remember as well, in the comics Rick goes off the deep end and the group decide he's not leader anymore, that the responsibility will be shared.

Comic book & TV spoilers...

Let's not mix the characters up here--comic book Rick and TV show Rick. Comic book Rick lost his wife and child in one fell swoop right in front of his eyes. CB Rick also dealt w/ his mental instability in private (I believe it was a long while before Carl walked in on him having a full on crazy session w/ the phone.) and didn't let it show. Anyway, my point being is that TV Rick seemed to jump ahead in his breakdown a bit, almost skipping a step from mistaking someone for Shane to seeing ghost Lori and start waving a gun around like a loon.

comic book spoilers

Yeah, but the group decide Rick shouldn't lead on his own anymore, before Lori dies. He has a huge fight with Tyrese pretty early on in the prison arc. I think they're merely combining that with telephone calls with Lori, it's happening sooner in the show because Lori died sooner.

Edited by alive she cried

TV

Lil' Asskicker's too bad ass for a crib, just needs a blanket and a Post Office bucket. Yeah, TV Rick seems alot more out of control batshit than CB Rick was.

Just glad to have it back on... Winter is not too far ahead as well...