Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

• 1 month later...

Anyone order a tiger?

S7 Preview trailer! Kneel before Zod Negan!

And TWD has an awesome display at SDCC 2016. One day I'll make it out there. One. Day.

That Maggie likeness though. Yeesh.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
srsly maggie lookin' ratchet

Eh the tiger is what it is, but I don't like the looks of the guy they got to play Ezekiel in that trailer though.

Comic spoiler

Maybe he'll get killed and the tiger live in the TV show. Also, TV Michonne is 1/2 of Richonne, so will there be a love triangle and a possible Michekiel like in the comics? Meh. Possible but doubtful.

Shiva looks beautiful and a hell of alot better than I thought she would in CG. I'm hyped.

Been thinking about Negan victims, and I feel like Daryl would actually be a pretty shitty choice to kill off. Shocking? Or for fucking sure, but that's it. The only people that death affects is the audience, and that would only make it cheap in my opinion. I really feel like they need to stick with Glenn here. It affects more than the viewer, and gives Maggie alot of great character development (or even a reversal there would be good.) If Daryl gets kniocked off, we geta group of pissed off people for sure, but it... just would lack substance I think. Random thoughts on who dies, but either way it should be good.

^Eh, this guy loved GB 2016 so of course he's hyped about CGI tigers. :troll:

As for the...

I think Daryl's death would definitely effect the characters on the show in a big way, but I agree Glenn would be the best choice for the comic fans since like you pointed out we've seen how far her character has gone in the comics. However, they could give that same track as comicbook Maggie that they did to another character and have it come off well for the TV show. Just look at Andrea and how they managed to give a lot of what's great about her character in the comic to Sasha. But I feel like in Game of Thrones how we've got that core group of characters (Jon, Daeny, Tyrion) who you feel are just too important to the show to kill off(for long)--I think Daryl and Michonne fall into that category on TWD. We already know the Grimes boys are safe, who are also in that category. So really Glenn is the "best" choice. He's the only other character that's been there since season one. I think his death will have the biggest impact on the group and it'll follow the comics, gawdamnit! Which, c'mon, is what most fanboys want form this Negan arc on the TV show anyway.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm more interested in whats happening to rick there.

finally gonna lose that hand

I think it's gonna be a red herring though. I read on another site that...look out--supa dupa spoilers ahead...

Negan takes Rick on a mini road trip in the RV and Rick has flashbacks of the TWO people Negan kills. This site says--look out--ULTIMATE SPOILERAGE INCOMING!!!...

Negan starts beating on Glenn then Abraham tries to stop him, so Abe gets shot. No idea how accurate that info is. But the episode should be awesome either way.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
thpoilerth

• 2 weeks later...

So the clip up above is the opening scene of S7E1, and we don't know who dies until later on in the episode. It's revealed what happened through a series of flashbacks that Rick has. And when Rick finally has the flashback of Negan making that fateful swing, my cable cuts out. I shit you not. Grey screen filled with white noise death. It kicked back on about a minute later, but it was like something out of a bad prank show. Suck my nutz, cable company!

I did watch the replay after Talking Dead, which was good despite the awkward, rainy outdoor live broadcast. So all good. I saw Lucille play her full performance...

the first one I'm with Axels in that the actual violence of it all left me a bit numb. The cable cut out on kill #2 the first time, so the second time around with Glenn it got me. But the real moment was the near arm chopping with Carl. Both times I watched it I was tore up. The first time was especially rough because I thought that shit might go down for real. Andrew Lincoln crushed that performance. Get this man a fucking Emmy. Ya boy had legit snot bubbles he was crying so hard.

All in all, a damned fine episode. I feel like it was worth the wait. Looking fwd to the rest of this season and getting into The Kingdom.

...holy fucking shit. that issue was a gutpunch that made me put down the book for a bit, ep pulled 0 punches.

really fucked with your expectations from the book, too...i mean, goddamn. i'm back on with this show regularly now.

MEANWHILE

7oBznQx.gif

giphy.gif

CvgDr8bVYAIf-GK.jpg

ke98tEl.jpg

right?! i know it's been 7 seasons (and 100 issues, book-wise) but it's easy to forget how far we've come.

book spoilers!

imagine how it'll be post negan-war (ya'll think we'll get a full 2 seasons out of it?) when we introduce a ton of people, just to have a culling via the whisperers

I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan also. Perfect casting there.

Comic Spoilers

I'm really looking forward to bearded prisoner Negan. I really gotta catch up with the books though cause I have no idea how that's going with the Whisperers