Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

On 2/12/2018 at 7:59 PM, The NZA said:

'Walking Dead' shakeup: Scott Gimple out as showrunner; Ang

...damn, that season 6 cliffhanger bullshit really did catch up with dude 

Well, the tone of the article would have you think so. But really this is a promotion for Gimple. He's not getting "Darabont-ed." A while back AMC announced they want TWD to be a decades long franchise similar to Star Trek. Gimple is basically becoming the Rodenberry, or a more accurate comparison might be the Ronald Moore of the AMC TWD universe.

Season 8 is coming back on Feb. 25.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's happened...

S8E9

Carl is gone. And the only person badass enough to kill Carl Grimes is Carl motherfucking Grimes.The entire episode was pretty much one long death scene for Carl. There was the Morgan/Carol/Ezekiel B-story, too. Th episode in general was very well written and damned emotional. They telegraph pretty obviously the rationale for killing off Carl from a story standpoint--it's gonna be the rationale for Rick letting Negan live at the end of AOW.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello? *echoes*

Looks like I'm the only one still watching this weekly, or at least the only one commenting on it.

TWD S8E15

Honestly, even though there was a pretty big battle, this still somehow felt like a filler episode.

Not nearly enough Jesus & Michonne during that battle. I also felt like Jesus (or someone form Hilltop) should've taken the keys outta the trucks so the Saviors couldn't escape. Dwight also should've murked Simon with that arrow. My guess is Dwight's arrows weren't still tainted, so Tara isn't infected. (It was her he shot, right?) Sadiq is kind of a shit doctor if he didn't see the infection coming on before they turned, no? There must be some heavy ass sleepers in Hilltop.

This whole Jadis having Negan is throwing a possibly interesting twist into the plot that wasn't in the comics. Have to see where it goes to know for sure though. My guess is it's just a device to give Jadis a chance to redeem herself to Rick's group and make Jadis a regular character. Carl is gone, Morgan is going, so she could be a new regular.

That was the filleriest episode of television I've seen in many a year. You can completely skip that episode and miss nothing. This whole 16 episodes per season thing is really hurting the show.

Here's a few general thoughts (Comic Spoilers)

Spoiler

God, I fucking hate Jadis. A shit, cartoonish character, that's terribly acted. I hope to Christ she doesn't turn out to be Alpha, she needs to die quick. Also, how fucking convenient was it that Jadis just happened to arrive at the exact time to the right location so that she can kidnap Negan? 

How fucking stupid do you have to be to just leave the front door unlocked fucking hours after being attacked by The Saviours? 

It's amazing how the Walkers can be/(re)become this huge threat whenever the story needs it. No more than one or two people should have died as a result of that.

I have no fucking patience for Carl-lite. Stay in the fucking house child, or just get yourself killed and end it. 

The show is really starting to try my patience. Hopefully, with Gimple moving up/on the show can get back on track.

Edited by alive she cried

This is what we felt around two seasons from the end.

What we felt after the show's finale? The Walking Dead would have to reveal that The Governor was Lori in disguise this whole time (who's still alive, but decided to just go her own way after the prison), and Dale's hat started the whole zombie apocalypse due to being the chosen one, but then is revealed to not be the chosen one, and that Kirkman planned it out this way the whole time, he swears. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Andrew Lincoln Leaving The Walking Dead

We’re hearing that, by the end of Season 9 of AMC’s hit drama series The Walking Dead, Rick Grimes himself will be walking away. That’s right TWD enthusiasts, Andrew Lincolnwill be growling his way through the post-apocalyptic setting for just one more season before calling it quits. And while we won’t be spoiling just how the series’ founding character makes his exit, we do know that fans can only expect to see Lincoln in half-a-dozen episodes of the upcoming season.

might be time to wrap it up 

Again, I'd be more surprised than not if TWD wrapped up anytime soon. They paved the way for the series to go beyond the Grimes family with Fear TWD, and they showed this season that the Grimes name does not guarantee you won't die. If Andrew Lincoln is leaving the series then my guess is that doesn't mean the show goes away with him. Maybe...

Maggie will take charge or more likely Negan as there were rumors the actress playing Maggie was looking to leave the show soon, too.

Speaking of Fear TWD, I'm alomst finished S3 and it's a helluva lot better than I expected it to be. Much better overall than S8 of TWD. Kudos to @Da Cap'n 2099 who I recall sticking with the show as it aired and praising S3 over the horrid S1 & S2. Anyone watching the current S4 of FTWD? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...