Hondo's Bar

Disney to aquire Marvel in 4 billion dollar deal

Signal08

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still don't see how Marvel can recover from the sheer "street cred" blow this has dealt them. Many a fanboy will have his nose in the air. I'm not really a fanboy but I have mine in the air. JZA's taught me this much.

I don't think you realize how much Disney owns that doesn't have the Disney brand on it. Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill were Disney films, because Disney owns Miramax. Dead Poet's Society, Con-air and Starship Troopers are all Disney films, because Disney owns Touchstone. Tombstone, Judge Dredd, Nixon and Sixth Sense are all Disney films, because Disney owns Hollywood films. Lost, Scrubs and Castle are all Disney shows because Disney owns ABC. Queen and the Butthole Surfers were Disney bands, because Disney owns Hollywood Records.

If any of those movie, shows or bands lack street cred, it has 0% to do with being owned by Disney. Disney is one of the six big media conglamorates (along with News Corp, GE, Time Warner, Comcast and Viacom). Believe me, Disney knows that there's money to be made in products not associated witht he family friendly Disney brand.

I don't think you realize how much Disney owns that doesn't have the Disney brand on it. Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill were Disney films, because Disney owns Miramax. Dead Poet's Society, Con-air and Starship Troopers are all Disney films, because Disney owns Touchstone. Tombstone, Judge Dredd, Nixon and Sixth Sense are all Disney films, because Disney owns Hollywood films. Lost, Scrubs and Castle are all Disney shows because Disney owns ABC. Queen and the Butthole Surfers were Disney bands, because Disney owns Hollywood Records.

If any of those movie, shows or bands lack street cred, it has 0% to do with being owned by Disney. Disney is one of the six big media conglamorates (along with News Corp, GE, Time Warner, Comcast and Viacom). Believe me, Disney knows that there's money to be made in products not associated witht he family friendly Disney brand.

Oh I'm well aware that Disney/Turner/ABC owns half the world. I learned the horrifying truth in Journalism school but still this is a very public takeover and it will change peoples opinions on Marvel.

If this changes people's opinions of Marvel then they can gladly take a complimentary dildo and go fuck themselves. If someone's happily sat through House of M, Civil War, World War Hulk, and Secret Invasion and Disney buying them (not doing anything mind you, just buying them) and that's what pushes them over the edge then they can fuck on over to Image comics and tongue Rob Liefeld's balls for a while while happily eating shit and dying.

If this changes people's opinions of Marvel then they can gladly take a complimentary dildo and go fuck themselves. If someone's happily sat through House of M, Civil War, World War Hulk, and Secret Invasion and Disney buying them (not doing anything mind you, just buying them) and that's what pushes them over the edge then they can fuck on over to Image comics and tongue Rob Liefeld's balls for a while while happily eating shit and dying.

How could anyone resist the alluring shape of Liefeld's balls? Especially when gently cradled by a superior jean. Those oh-so-pinchable boyish cheeks, his devil-may-care smile... :)

Plus he's clearly a dirty little whore. A dirty little whore that refuses to draw feet and maintains some sick delusions of adequacy as a writer, but a dirty little whore nonetheless.

500x_mouserine.jpg

KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE

shane - you're talking to jax (sellout businessman who traded his chromium covers for gold), haytor & co. dont you worry sir, JZA & i hear you about street cred. this sort've cause is why we started H.E.A.T. years ago. *fist-pound*

baytor -there's echelons! Civil War was great, but ended poorly. House of M and SI were fun at first but ended up not really going places. beneath these, in a corner, World War Hulk just cries and cries because Planet Hulk doesnt speak to it.

also, Liefeld's not worked at Image proper for like ever, ya'll need to get past the '92 image of them as Marvel-lite, they're piratically an indie house these days.

seriously, can someone photoshop mickey ears onto DA's cobra commander avatar?

also, Liefeld's not worked at Image proper for like ever, ya'll need to get past the '92 image of them as Marvel-lite, they're piratically an indie house these days.

:):wank:

I'm not the one who's going to die a little inside each moment because Disney owns Marvel despite the fact that nothing has changed.

I've been combing the internet all night but I know I didn't imagine this.

EDIT: Still can't find the picture, but found a wikipedia article proving it exists. The character in question is the "voluptuous" Rosalyn.

God, I wish I had a camera. I know exactly what you're talking about and have Tribe #0 & #1. That chick's ass is comically large. I haven't thought about that in years. I remember being very distracted by it and being completely unable to take the book seriously because of it.

So yes, I can confirm that 'Bator speaks truths. There did exist such a being.

NOOOOO!

1251961302.jpg

I just spent 45 minutes trying to figure out how to upload pics from my DSi without an SD card, went to rummage through my longboxes and realized that Tribe must have not survived the "great cleansing" a few years back, when I sold a huge chunk of shit comics for practically nothing.

I have regrets. Don't be a Logan, kids.

Now I look like a fool. Even more so than usual.

Dammit.

I just spent 45 minutes trying to figure out how to upload pics from my DSi without an SD card, went to rummage through my longboxes and realized that Tribe must have not survived the "great cleansing" a few years back, when I sold a huge chunk of shit comics for practically nothing.

I have regrets. Don't be a Logan, kids.

ix4abd.gif

gentlemen, the origin of baytor is lost to us forever.

Tell us how your really feel, Baytor.

Yeah, I just don't see a situation where I want to watch Kill Bill on DVD with some people, and some guy says, "Kill Bill? Why ya still watching Disney movies? That gay!"

The only thing I want to know is why Disney, with all their media power, hasn't used their ownership of the Jim Henson Company to relaunch The Muppet Show. The show was so awesome....

Archived