Hondo's Bar

Disney to aquire Marvel in 4 billion dollar deal

Signal08

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of evil corporations/FOX. It turns out that Fox are rebooting both Fantastic Four and Daredevil. It's not because they have a great idea or anything, it's just if they don't keep making movies then they lose the rights.

*grglVOMIT!!!*......ugh... i don think i can take anymore..

you know, the full version - jax was right, that was better.

my problem was i read Miller's "Born Again" the day of said movie, so i was doomed to have it fall short. it wasnt bad man, it just coulda been better....i stand by the idea that a DD movie/series could be done at a fraction of the cost and with what bendis/miller/bru etc have done, it could fucking outshine spider-man in terms of quality that transfers to cinema. that wasnt it, though.

Daredevil had a good director with a misplaced vision and not enough power to tell the studio no. I maintain that Colin Farrel's Bullseye was spot-on to what Bullseye is, even the stupid ass forehead brand kinda fits. And Michael Clark Duncan managed to transcend not being the right race for the character and played a damn good Kingpin. John Favreau was a great Foggy Nelson. And Ben Affleck almost did it, he wasn't terrible, he just wasn't very good. Really Elektra was the weakest link in the chain along with the story and some of the fight scenes.

Baytor is right, Elektra was made just for an excuse to put Jennifer Gardner in her own flick. Other than the eye candy, Elektra wasn't a great movie.

and yes, Disney owns ABC, and ESPN falls under that umbrella. Pretty sure Disney owns half of congress too, the house half... no wait... senate...

Daredevil had a good director with a misplaced vision and not enough power to tell the studio no. I maintain that Colin Farrel's Bullseye was spot-on to what Bullseye is, even the stupid ass forehead brand kinda fits. And Michael Clark Duncan managed to transcend not being the right race for the character and played a damn good Kingpin. John Favreau was a great Foggy Nelson. And Ben Affleck almost did it, he wasn't terrible, he just wasn't very good. Really Elektra was the weakest link in the chain along with the story and some of the fight scenes.

As MH would say: trufax.

I've both versions of the film on DVD. :D

my problem was i read Miller's "Born Again" the day of said movie, so i was doomed to have it fall short. it wasnt bad man, it just coulda been better....i stand by the idea that a DD movie/series could be done at a fraction of the cost and with what bendis/miller/bru etc have done, it could fucking outshine spider-man in terms of quality that transfers to cinema. that wasnt it, though.

well there's your mistake. DD is pretty much Man Without Fear on screen. It's the only time you'll ever see me enthusiastic about JR jr's supposed art.

yeah, you're absolutely right; good call. but even then, it was hard to move past shit like DD'S GON LET YOU GET RUNNED OVER BY SUBWAYS etc. there were various dealbreakers for me (i agree that Matt and Foggy were great, Bullseye did his thing, i wanted to like Kingpin more than i did but again, the movie's big shortcomings cant be rested on any one of these men). Born Again and such are the awesome sequel material, but this wasnt the strong foundation such a tale needed - it was well-intending and overcrowded and sloppy. not awful by any means, just falls square under my "this couldbe been so much more for so much less" branch of comic films (see: punisher).

but yeah, relevant to the topic, the prospect of a clean slate/reboot excites me here, prolly moreso cause i havent yet seen any concrete details to point me otherwise.

in my world, you'd come home from work and watch DD: the HBO series and Tivo Gotham Central on FX.

Never saw the DD movie and I'll never will.

I did. Wasn't very impressed. Then again, I saw the theatrical release.

So the question I have if nobody has asked yet is what does this mean for Marvel's Islands of adventure?

Tour guides dressed as Disney characters?

my problem was i read Miller's "Born Again" the day of said movie, so....

I've heard this a few times but find it hard to believe, how exactly can the directors cut improve the acting in the film? DD, and Kingpin were terrible, and let's not even mention Elektra. Bullseye was spot on though.

Archived