Hondo's Bar

Disney to aquire Marvel in 4 billion dollar deal

Signal08

The Director's Cut of Daredevil adds about 45 minutes of footage while removing about 15, for a net gain of 30 minutes. It's got less romance with Elektra, more touching on Matt's Catholic upbringing, more footage of Matt as a lawyer, including a subplot where he defends Coolio whose charged with murder, and the violence is grittier, taking it from PG-13 to an R rating. The movie does really shed alot of light for laymen like me on how much of the movie is made in the editing room. It's not a completely different movie, but it is way better than you would expect it to considering it's just a different cut from the same movie shot. I also think the movie suffered from really high expectations, considering that Marvel fans had basically just seen X-Men and Spider-Man before this, expectations were high at this dawning of a new era for comic book movies. When it came out, we hadn't seen Ang Lee's Hulk, either of the Punishers, either of the Fantastic Fours, or Ghost Rider. I believe that if we had gotten Daredevil AFTER all that crap (and after X3 and Spidey 3, and Wolverine), Daredevil (especially if they had released the R version) would have been much more well-received. I won't guarantee to you that you'll like it, but I did and I've seen more than one skeptic (like Nick) enjoy the movie. If nothing else, after you watch it you realize that the director had much less to do with its shortcomings than you'd previously thought.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived