Hondo's Bar

Green Lantern Movie

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you always have to post gifs that make me want to know their context. (seriously though, Kyle is a pussy and a whiny little bitch, he spent like 5 issues whining about how he had the greatest power in the galaxy and then spent another 3 whining about how he didn't have it anymore)

• 2 months later...

It's looking good so far and I'm impressed. But I was talking with a friend earlier and we both kind of agreed that Chris Pine would've been better suited to young Hal than Ryan Reynolds would've. I still see Reynolds as Guy, but I'm sure he'll prove to me he's perfect for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last week's issue of Entertainment Weekly also had a Green Lantern cover story. I'm not too crazy about the new costume design. To me the classic Hal Jordan GL uniform is one of the coolest costumes in comicdom. Why take out the white gloves and make him look like a sinewy green CGI glo-stick? It even kinda looks like his hair is dusted green, WTF?

Ryan Reynolds answers that question here.The bit about the costume comes in around the 2:30 mark.

Here are the four teaser posters from comicon.

Here's an official "highlight" clip from comicon that includes info on a few other GL characters we'll see in the film plus Ryan Reynolds reciting the GL oath:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="385"></object>

Here's an interview w/ Mark Strong (Sinestro) from comicon as well:

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13669719&server=vimeo.com& show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=cc0000&fullscreen=1"   =""><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13669719&server=vimeo.com&%20show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=cc0000&fullscreen=1"   type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></object>Mark Strong Interview - Comic-Con 2010 from FirstShowing.net on Vimeo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw the trailer in front of Harry Potter this weekend, and I have to say, the costume looks good in motion on a big screen. Way better than in a still frame on a computer screen.

My thoughts exactly, Jax. The CGI overall looked MUCH better on the big screen. However, the CGI painted GL suit on Reynolds is still a bit much to take on. Honestly, do we really need 8 pack abs on every superhero? Especially GL who derives his strength from his mind and not his "situation."

Archived