Hondo's Bar

Movie News

For all us fanboys out there, the plot of Superman vs. Batman has been revealed, and I think it's pretty cool. The new york times wrote about the movie and described the premise: "Batman's fiancée dies and Superman, whom Batman blames for her death, saves Batman's soul." Sounds a lot better than your usual comic book reason for two superhero's fighting "Goldar, from the planet veldor, zapped batman with his 'rage ray' and forced him and superman into a fight, but only together can they defeat him." SO I'm fairly happy, premise is good and the director is great. Now they just need a cast.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever notice whenever they'd set up a Flash vs Superman footrace, there would always be some global catastrophe that forced them to quit the footrace halfway through and work together to save the world. And it just so happened that this was a perticular world catastrophe that could only be resolved by two super-fast men, not one. Thank god they were together in the issue! And the cover of the book always made the footrace out to be the ultimate decisive end-all race that would determine once and for all who is faster. Anyway, sounds cool. Is there a link to in on nytimes.com? Somebody's got to fill Jumbie's void.

This is for movie news, not how bad Flash would beat Supes ass in a race, or what sounds like an awful permise for a comic movie (hope im wrong here).

So, yeah, Boondock II? Fuckin cool, hope it gets treated better. Shame there's no Defoe...wonder if itll be a big realease or quiet like part I? Any deatils on it, having not checked that link yet?

Went through some trailers at apple.com and saw some trailers that look damn cool. The Rules of Attrraction looks like it could be one of the coolest movies I've seen in a long time. James Van Der Beek is so an anti-Dawson is weird. Even without any dialogue in the trailer, it's very evident he's a completely different character. Downright evil in one shot (one where he's looking straight at the camera in the first trailer). Plus, in th first trailer, Jessica Beil dances in boxers and a bra holding booze in each hand. It's not a particularly sexy dance, but it's still Jessica Beil dancing in boxers and a bra holding booze in each hand. There! That got Yahve's attention. Check it out.

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wizard this month says Batman: Year One was originally ostponed to make way for Batman & Superman (dont sound half as good to me, but, what can ya do), but now its supposedly back on schedule, ill check it again for the project's estimated release date.

I think I'm the only one psyched about '28 Days Later', a realisticly plotted zombie movie by the director of Trainspotting with a score by the fantastic 'Godspeed You Black Emperor!'. I don't think Americans will have even heard of 'Dog Soldiers' but I'm hoping this can be as good with zombies as that was with werewolves, Brit-horror seems to be doing good these days!

• 2 weeks later...

The trailer for "Catch me if you can" is finally online!!!!!!!!!

If you dont know already, Catch me if you can is Spielberg's next movie, Starring Leonardo Decaprio and Tom Hanks. It's based on a true story about the youngest guy to ever be on the FBI top 10 most wanted list. Looks fun as hell, and I'm absolutely dying to see it. Good to see that spielberg is still putting out classics.

and here's the trailer:

Catch me if you can

Gangs was supposed to come out Christmas day, but they changed the date by a couple weeks (later or earlier, I dunno) because Catch Me If You Can is also opening Christmas day. As for DiCaprio being in such a flood of movies, Gangs was actually supposed to be released a year or two ago, but was pushed back so they could put even more work into it.

I think Catch me if you can won the fight for christmas day, Gangs is gonna ocme out on like the 18th or something instead.

And Jack's, pardon me for getting excited about a movie. As far as I've seen, this one just looks fuckin great. And as far as spielberg goes, whenever he's made something that wasn't fucking amazing, you could tell there was problems with it before you even saw a trailer. This one has no reason to be anything but great, so, yeah, I have very high hopes.

"Excuuuuuuse me princess!"

Yes, Catch Me won the fight for Christmas Day. And I agree with Junker that it's a movie worthy to be excited about. If not for Spielberg (and why NOT, for Spielberg, huh?), be excited because Tom Hanks is in it. The man has not been in a bad movie in over a decade. And even then, they were few and far between.