Hondo's Bar

Movie News

But will it be as awesome as this....

Source: Variety  by: Mike Sampson

Wes Anderson, director of such delightfully quirky flicks as RUSHMORE and THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS, has signed on to his next project. In keeping with his tendencies to veer from the norm, Anderson will adapt Roald Dahl's children's book THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX into a stop-motion animated film. Anderson will write the script with partner Noah Baumbach, whom we worked with on the forthcoming THE LIFE AQUATIC. That film likely served as the inspiration to film MR. FOX using stop-motion as AQUATIC has a number of underwater scenes using that type of animation.

The story follows a crafty fox who finds himself marked for death by a farmer sick of having to share his chickens. The project marks another change for Anderson who had released his past three films through Disney. Joe Roth, who brought Anderson to Disney to direct RUSHMORE, lured the writer/director to his new studio Revolution. Filming on the project will likely begin after AQUATIC opens this December. Another Dahl book, CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, is currently being filmed by Tim Burton in London.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the second (that I'm aware of) Dahl book to be adapted into a stop motion movie, James And The Giant Peach being the first. The Peach book was my favorite Dahl book growing up, but the movie was rather uninspired, but it didn't have a mind like Anderson's behind it.

But will it be as awesome as this....

I don't know 2Track...it's close.

That's the second (that I'm aware of) Dahl book to be adapted into a stop motion movie, James And The Giant Peach being the first

You mean apart from the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory??

While I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp the 1971 version with Gene Wilder as Wonka is just brilliant. While Depp is great at playing the weirdo in films, I have doubts whether he can surpass Wilder's mixture of fun and dangerous obsession.

I like to imagine that an oompa loompa dies and is immediately replaced by another, and hence goes the oompa loompa's circle of life.

Is it raining? Is it snowing?

Is a hurricane a-blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing,

So the danger must be growing.

Are the fires of Hell a-glowing?

Is the grisly reaper mowing?

Yes, the danger must be growing,

For the rowers keep on rowing,

And they're certainly not showing,

Any signs that they are slowing!

- Willy Wonka

Now thats some creepy s*$t right there for a kid of 7 to watch.

at least you're not posting pictures of them

True true. Coffeeeeee...

Check out the quote a few posts ago dante, great stuff. You're posting like a speed demon today, can't keep up.

If I'd have anyone follow in Gene Wilder's footsteps as Willy Wonka though it would defo be Depp.

Edited by MyLeakyBucket

While I suspect Keaton could have been better for the part, I'm not sure he could pull it off. Willa Wonka is a really cartoony character, adn that shit ain't easy to act without being trite. Keaon felt liek he would have been great for the role, btu he's really dropped the ball on alot of movies, he's a hit and miss guy. Depp, liek you said, plays everything to brilliance, while I can't rest assured that Keaton couldn't do a better, I can rest knowing Depp will be brilliant.

Yeah, this looks like the movie Spielberg was born to direct. There are rumors going around that this movie got greenlit with the biggest budget in the history of Hollywood (so far not as much as Titanic cost, but Titanic went over its greenlit budget). Spielberg says he's determined to make this, not just the biggest movie of 2005 (and even with the likes of Batman Begins and Goblet of Fire, I'd say he's a shoein) but the biggest movie of the decade. Hey from any other director I'd be skeptical...