Hondo's Bar

Silent Bob's site - Pimpin' My Work

Silent Bob

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sept 11th (I hate the jingoistic 9/11, especially cos you crazy americans reverse the date, over here that's Nov 9th) strip was quite good, I like the way you moved away from talking about the event and more about how it made you stronger. The only criticism is it seems a bit like media-inspired jingoism at times.

PS: Sorry if this seems in bad taste, it's just my penchant for black humour, but the comment about the human spirit...I think if you fly a plane into a person, they'll topple!

I've seen art store pencils, and over one dollars soons to me like the campus supply store price, not a real price. But if you really want to get serious about pencil skethcing, you do need them harder and softer pencils. I just use no2, and I think I get pretty good results from time to time, but I'm not trying to major in art. I think over $100 is a bit much for a calculator, but if you wanna do the math thing, you need the TI-83+. It sucks, but ya got little choice.

Uh. Where's this typo? Everything looks just fine to me, and I lettered it. Only typo I see isn't really necessarily a typo, just what might be an unnecessary comma in DJ's text on panel 11. Panel 9 is just fine. Honestly, JMT. Could you BE any more anal? Nevermind, don't answer that. :plain:

:D

:D Ohhh, I see's it now. Ok, JMT. You're still anal and nit-picky, but I'll forgive you this trespass, because you're right... sort of. Yes, that actually WAS s'pposed to be "Oh", but the top of the "H" got lobbed off. See, here's the way it works: DJ (silent bob) draws, traces, and colors the individual panels. Then I come in and compile the panels in Photoshop, into one big ol' image. Then, since I'm too effin' lazy to sit there and individually draw all the text boxes and speech bubbles in Photoshop, I copy and paste the comic into MS Word 2k. I form the auto-shaped speech bubbles, fill out the text, and then copy and paste the text back into PS. Once in a blue moon, ::Looks out window::, the computer will have a glitch and in transferring text from one program to the other, it gets skewed. Sometimes the top of an "H" or the bottom of a "P" or a "Y" will just disappear. ::kicks word::. So yeah. Until Photoshop does auto-shaped speech bubbles, I guess I'm stuck with that formula. ???

But, hey. It's never going to be without the occasional flaw, no matter how perfect the creation process is. So, I guess as long as Drawing The Line is on the web, you're gonna have something to bitch about ;)