Hondo's Bar

Silent Bob's site - Pimpin' My Work

Silent Bob

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Plainly put, with his school schedule the way it is, and his meager response to the comic after three years, DJ's losing his taste for doing DTL. He's had other projects put on the back burner for a long time because DTL seemed to be doing good there for a while. But when this school year started, the homework projects picked up, suddenly doing a thrice-weekly comic, in color no less, started to lose its flavor. Even doing it once a week became an idea he wasn't fond of. Frankly I don't know what the future of DTL holds. I'll let DJ come up here and talk about what he sees after he goes out and votes...which the rest of you should do, too.

Yeah, what she said. I just don't have the time anymore. Even a short comic will generally take two or three hours to complete from start to finish. If it has any special coloring effects (ie: hard lighting, night, special effects) it will take even longer. Now that I'm going to school full-time, I no longer have 3+ hours a night to do it anymore, especially now that I have more important projects to work on. It's not getting me grades, it's not making me money, it's not getting my name out there - I can't justify the time it takes up when I've got so many more important things to worry about right now. I do love the comic (even if I've never been fully satisfied with it) and I'd love to go back to it someday, but it won't be in the near future. It's possible that next semester, with a lighter workload, I may find the time for it but I can't know until then.

• 1 month later...