Hondo's Bar

Forum's current/recent status

The NZA

thank fuck you're here stilly, i'dve driven us into a ditch a few times without your help m'man

also, big update: sitegorund agreed to refund most of our fees! $135 of our $162 payment from 2 months ago is coming back & going towards our upcoming fees, so if we agree to $360 ($30/month, not counting $50 license fee, paid up through next year already) we're nearly halfway there already!  really happy with this. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

okay!  so, more big updates:

• Blogs are live, but it looks like older stuff got lost in there & ive no way of bringing it back at the moment.  they should be good for new use though, let me know if there's any issues (i have to check on everyone's permissions for em as we go)
  • Gallery is not yet live but should be soon
  • HTML is fixed! so all our old videos are showing again, lemme know if you find any that aren't 
  • we're gonna be working on pages & skins soon, so feedback on either is always welcome. also, anyone down to help write a modern F.A.Q.? 

more to come, just wanted to let everyone know & thank our sponsors again.  please post any errors/troubles you're having here! 

• 1 month later...

Anyone figure out what's up with Imgur? I don't see Logan just up and changing the password without a notice, but if he did thats cool. I can respect that. But if he didn't, which I'm pretty sure he didn't, then that means somebody else here has which isn't cool at all.

Well maybe someone here. I dunno who else it was shared with outside of hondos. 

• 3 weeks later...

by popular demand, Recent Topics have returned!  they should be seen on the main page above the hollabox for most groups here, lemme know if they're not showing for you. 

the default is showing the 5 most recently posted-in topics, but it can be more if you guys want.  i left it at that # so there wouldn't be too much more scrolling (primarily on mobile) but again, if you wants think another # of them is more ideal, feel free to say so! 

• Thanks 4

• 7 months later...

that's true!
also, to repeat from the facebook post:  hollabox is down, the board is taking some time to rebuild/reindex our content (which will hopefully tie up the database issue we'd seen when going back on some threads), that process needs to finish before we can try fixing said chat so bear with us!  

is it bear like a bear or bare like clothes? i was never clear on that 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright Everyone

So, I actually have a PC set up at the moment (ol' Compy 386) and a bit of free time......SO IMMA FINALLY DO THE FUCKING UPGRADE

giphy.gif

Probably in the next week or two. There are incompatibilities with the templates / skins - and seeing as that's basically all my fault, I'll have to dig through each one and make them work. Fortunately, they're all based on the same thing, so once I get one working, I should be able to get all of them working pretty quickly. I'm not sure how broken things will be until I get them working, but I know that there are incompatibilities in 7 files which range from things like the container around each post to the front page itself.

I'll try to shoot up a warning on the front page before I hit the button, but I can't guarantee that anyone will see it. I'll for sure make sure Nick knows directly before I go fuckin' with stuff. Sorry it's taken so long to get my shit together to work on this, I ultimately made it harder on myself (I originally wanted to get the update done last fall, but I was finishing my last semester - then the job hunt - then the surgery - then the move - then the new job - then - then - then - you get the picture). Anyway, instead of being one update behind, we're, like, five - which is awesome because that's something that I'm dealing with at work, too (though that's not my fault, I didn't work there at the time).

ANYWAY. The update is mainly security patches and such, but there may be some performance upgrades, which would be nice. Hopefully it's not a huge pain in the ass for anyone.

Love you guys.

-S

• Like 1
  • Really Like 6