Hondo's Bar

Avengers: Siege

The NZA

baytor - what were you wrong about?

JZA - its a short, fun 4 issue showdown, i still think its worth checking out. i liked it a great deal more than how Secret Invasion went down.

House of M had its moments, my only problem (unfairly, granted) is that i have a hard time seeing it and not thinking about Decimation, the utter shit that followed it. Dissasembled was rushed, kinda fun i guess (long as you werent a classic Avengers fan) but also surrounded by shitty stories: did you read the one where Spider-Man got his "new" powers? yeah, it was forgotten the next issue. but stand-alone, they're not really bad arcs. i liked Civil War a bit more though, personally.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
baytor - what were you wrong about?

I expected Captain Marvel to come back and kill the Sentry because he was pretty much the only player (I don't know where Silver Surfer and Nova rank on this scale but they obviously weren't about at the time) with enough power to do so. But Captain Marvel wasn't even mentioned which makes me wonder why the fuck Marvel Boy was even a member of the Dark Avengers in the fucking first place since he wasn't even on the team for 3 issues.

Agreed, Siege was overall more enjoyable for me than Secret Invasion and HoM. I was enjoying WWH up until the neutered ending. The requisite requiem issue

Fallen Sun was a fuckin' waste. When the fuck did Sentry and Rogue have a thing? Did they just throw that in to give Bob a more rounded life in the Marvel U or wha? Also the Thing's story seemed just so out of character.

yeah, that was kind've a weird issue, felt like an apology to Jenkins: "sorry we kinda fucked up whatever you had going there (even if you did start it with sentry vol 2), here's a funeral book, go nuts."

not sure why everyone's up in arms about the Rogue fling; im cool with things happening off-panel, and its not hard to imagine Rogue fucking anyone she could actually touch like a bunny. you might be right about Thing, i always kinda go into autopilot when he talks though.

Archived