Hondo's Bar

Paranormal Activity

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep talking about how the scares weren't particularly terrifying, but... I dunno, it wasn't about the scares so much as the building up in intensity of them, I thought. Like Rear Window (I know, I know, I'm comparing this movie to Hitchcock which is pretty much out of bounds)... it didn't have a lot of scares that made you jump or anything, but built up to one pretty scary scene at the end. I guess I'm trying to say that the scares for me were more due to... not suspense, exactly, but edge-of-your-seatyness. For lack of a better word that I can think of.

Well there's two layers to this movie. The first is the cheap scares like the door slamming and the roaring noise. Those were meant to take you off guard and surprise you but other scares that I won't mention that weren't shocking were the ones that really work your way inside your head and make you look over your shoulder. The ending featured a jump scare and I think that's why people are so pissy about the theatrical ending. Personally a marriage of all 3 endings would have been ideal for me.

Have her throw Micah at the camera, sit there for 3 days, go downstairs and kill her friend, then come upstairs and cut her throat.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:699287/cp~vid%3D699287%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A699287" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a>, <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></p></div></div>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally watched Paranormal Activity 3. I liked it, but I have to say that I think the 2nd one was better. this one got a little freaky cause it had to do with the little girls and it's hard to watch little kids go through things like that. However, I'm glad I waited for DVD.

• 6 months later...

Same here, I just don't know why anymore. If somebody put me in charge I'd just take all the money I could go for and dump it all into effects, just do the exact opposite of subtlety, show the demon, make it gory, just burn the motherfucker down and drop the mic. Of course, then they couldn't open up for Paranormal Activity 5.

• 2 years later...

PA5 is re-titled Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension

Gregory Plotkin will direct "The Ghost Dimension" from a script by Project Almanac's Jason Pagan and Andrew Stark. It is said to focus on an all new family that once again has two young daughters, but with a title like "Ghost Dimension," could we be seeing more of those "Forbidden Doors" from this year's Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones?

3/13/15 - yay?

Danny_Phantom!_Danny_Phantom.gif

• 11 months later...