Hondo's Bar

Borderlands

Jables

let us know what you think - kotaku said it was repetitive but it looked like fun.

It is repetitive, in as much as killing massive waves of zombies that respawn fairly quickly can be repetitive. Zombies die pretty easy, and generally after finishing off a horde the ground will be littered with money and items (and brains, which I guess I missed the quest for). There isn't any cool new quest rewards exactly, but I did manage to get pretty much all new equipment for my lvl 37 Soldier (*high fives JZA* Turret comes in especially handy here). It's probably a matter of the sheer volume of enemies you kill, makes the good drops a little more likely. There's another Claptrap to rescue as well, giving you 3 more precious inventory slots.

New enemies: there are a handful of different types of Zombie (Regular, Psycho, Midget, Defilers (kinda like L4D's boomers. They spit on you and it slows you down and fucks up your vision), exploding kamikaze-barrel throwing ones, legless crawling ones and Crimson Lance), annoying flying crow things, big frankenstein dudes (some of which carry weapon chests on their backs), and (wait for it........) Were-Skags. And an epic looking boss.

One thing that kind of sets it apart from the rest of the game is that it's actually pretty damn funny. I found myself laughing out loud on more than one occasion.

It's also slightly glitchy. There seems to be only one place where it starts you when you load, and it's at the beginning, making it kind of frustrating if you quit pretty deep into it. I also got stuck under a table once and had to kill myself. There's a special Jacob co. vending machine that you reactivate during a quest that's full of some pretty sweet stuff, but I could only get it to work once. Not sure if this is intentional or a glitch.

It does scale to your level, but I would recommend it for a mid-level character. You're prob'ly gonna be looking at around 4-5 hours of questing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived