Hondo's Bar

The games we never got

The NZA

My spare Dreamcast is still going strong, you can have it. It looks waaay better than ColecoVision or whatever the hell you people are allowed to have. Also, have you ever seen an NGage? It will blow your fucking mind. I will sell you one at a good price.

shit, i never saw a bit've Daredevil gameplay...id like to think that was an early, early stage but i cant disagree with logan's calling it PS1 era graphics....mebbe not having ever gotten that one does let me imagine a glorious DD sandbox game, somehow too good for this world. :misty:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

jesus, i really want to play what ive seen of early RE4. again, i adore what we got, i just wish this was a separate game.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

anyone know about 1.5?

Yes I have read many a things about RE 1.5, the game was apperantly 70% to 80% compelete. Capcom was unhappy about the game, because they felt it was too much like the first game. So I belive they remade the whole game from scratch.

From what I have read over the years, 1.5 had alot more gore in it.

"In the prototype, the Zombies were significantly more gruesome, continuing to crawl towards the player with their body below the waist severed (it's possible for this to occur in Resident Evil 2, however enemies can only be blasted in half with the Shotgun and it's harder to pull off). Furthermore, the various types of zombies were far more varied, including fat zombies, and multiple female zombies. These unused types later appeared again in Resident Evil 3"

"William Birkin was to be far more monstrous, able to kill other infected creatures. As evidenced by the little known footage available of the game, in 1.5 William would mention Sherry's name".

from reading that is sounds like the Nemesis was made from the stuff they droped from William in 1.5.

The biggest difference was there was no Clair Redfield in 1.5, Elza Walker has the same mo as Clair but without the whole missing brother story.

art_14.jpg

there was also supposed to be alot more supporting characters too.

Found some in game footage too. :D

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

holy fuck, Namco. you could've been awesome this gen.

namco_ps3_chain_limit.jpg

story goes that, instead, we got Ace Combat 6.

thanks, spiffytee!

Oh man! I REMEBER seeing this a LONG time ago and thinking it looked awesome. Damn it Namco........Dammit.

Also, don't think anyone has posted THIS yet:

Actually, we never got the REAL Mother 3 either. Fuck you TWICE for that nintendo.

...at this point...nintendo didn't shut down the fan translation project, so i gotta play the awesome game, finally. i'm willing to just about call shit even, but a Mother 1-3 for 3DS (long shot, here) would really mean a lot, even if all the beatles midi songs in 2 were switched out.

Mario Advance 4 (GBA) had this card reader that could use cards to bring on new levels, many of which apparently didnt leave japan...still, watch this. its like a mash-up of Mario 1-4 that blows my mind.

• 4 weeks later...

..i was the only one impressed by that mario mash-up? tough crowd.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShC8zJgbTts?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShC8zJgbTts?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShC8zJgbTts?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

oh, and i should prolly bump the fan-made games thread, but i forget where it is, so until then, Sexy Hat & co can check out the early bits ofa Sonic HD remake by the fans.

up3.png

• 4 months later...
255px-Nanashi_no_Game.jpg

Nanashi no Game Me (The Game with No Name) - A Square-Enix survival horror game about the mystery surrounding a cursed 8-bit RPG, which you get to play sections off between first-person exploration of the real world. Spawned a sequel which adds a cursed 8-bit platformer.

tell me you wouldn't wanna play this game! dammit, japan.

to correct myself: Nier is not a square game, its Cavia, published by them though. Los loved the crap out of it, shame if you couldn't get into it i guess. it really builds as it goes, especially on follow-up playthroughs.

square did, however, make The World Ends With You, one of the best JRPGs this gen hands-down. anyway, to each their own, but a horror game built around a classic 8-bit RPG? man, that just sounds awesome.

bindus - i think we missed the second part of Persona 2 (but it's been fan translated), and the original Shin Megami, no? bish was telling me most of this stuff is available in ROM format with translation patches, if that's any consolation.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...