Hondo's Bar

Taco Bell

Signal08

Taco Bell  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.swf"></param><param'>http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=24985318&lang=en-US&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=24985318&lang=en-US&"></embed></object>< /div>

The CEO of Taco Bell sounds Australian to me. How is this possible yet JZA can't get a fuckin' nachos bel-grande in Briz?

• 9 months later...

Taco Bell Salmonella Outbreak Hidden For 3 Months

After weeks of anonymity as "Restaurant Chain A" in an investigation into a salmonella outbreak that infected dozens of people in ten states, Taco Bell has been outed as the "Mexican-style" restaurant chain linked to the dangerous infections.

The outbreak, which occurred in October 2011, infected 68 people total, mostly in Texas, and sent more than 20 to the hospital, according to a January report by the Centers for Disease Control. No deaths were linked to the outbreak.

While the CDC and Food and Drug Administration officials were unable to pinpoint exactly what food product may have caused the outbreak, the report said "data indicat[ed] that contamination likely occurred before the product reached Restaurant Chain A locations."

But it was not until Wednesday that Restaurant Chain A was identified by Food Safety News as the fast food favorite Taco Bell, based on data provided by a health official at the Oklahoma State Department of Health. In that state, 16 people had been infected with salmonella.

In a document provided by the Oklahoma State Department of Health to ABC News, health officials noted that of the 16 cases, at least half of the victims had eaten at Taco Bell prior to their infections.

Taco Bell noted in a statement to ABC News that the CDC had not discovered the definitive source of the outbreak and said the department only "indicated that some people who were ill ate at Taco Bell, while others did not."

"We take food quality and safety very seriously," the statement said.

The CDC kept Taco Bell's name out of their report in accordance with long-standing policy of not necessarily identifying restaurants involved in investigations as long as there is "not a public health theat."

"By the time we posted information about this outbreak, it was over," CDC spokesperson Lola Russell told ABC News. "If it was over, there would have been no public need to disclose it."

She added that this latest case hasn't triggered conversations about changing the policy.

word on the street is the next phase of #OccupyTacoBell will help drive the chain into bankruptcy, which frankly as long as they finish their VITA giveaway and close up in the time it takes to say, finish an engineering degree, i'm all for. frankly, they're about as useful to society as a-cups.

Yeah, I got me some a that Salmanelly. I just sat on the toilet, put my feet up in stirrups and pushed it on out. Weren't that big a deal, really.

Worth it fer a crunchwrap supreme. Think Ill get another today.

Spoken like a true man. 'Salmonella' is just faggot talk for not being able to handle your bacteria.

Resisting the urge to -1 NZA so bad

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I have to stick to the Fresco menu when I go to Taco Bell...which is surprisingly healthy and very tasty. I was good with one soft chicken taco...

I had a small piece of Ben's dorito taco shell...it was OK. Nothing to write home about. Like Star says, if I'm going to destroy myself at TB, there's more on the menu I'd sample before that