Hondo's Bar

Taco Bell

Signal08

Taco Bell  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agreed, I had the steak quesarito a while back and it was good. Although I want to mention my disappointment in the Cool Ranch Doritos Taco since it got lost in the 'Great Post Purge of 2014.' For some sad reason my favorite chip did not translate as well as I had hoped to taco form. If I get a Dorito's Taco nowadays it is the Nacho Cheese Doritos Loco Taco, which I think the only distinguishing difference between Loco and non-Loco is the addition of sour cream.

But it seems that I am not the only one who's interest in Doritos Tacos is waining. Another interesting tidbit the n that article is that Taco Bell has a strategy of launching 8-10 new items a year. WTF? How many combinations of chicken, beef, and "steak," with either a flour or corn tortilla can you get? That strategy must include their new breakfast menu. But I wouldn't ojbect if Taco Bell experimented with food items other than Mexican. A lamb curry nan-rito, maybe? Hell, they stick Pizza Huts inside Taco Bells so why not.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 months later...
The time has come for a national launch as the trio of mini Crunchwraps will be hitting the Taco Bell menu late next week. Priced at $1 each, the Crunchwrap Sliders all include Fritos corn chips for the crunch and the flavor choices are Beefy Cheddar, Spicy Chicken, and BLT.

Crunchwrap-Sliders-Taco-Bell.jpg

• 9 months later...

Taco Bell opening new 'Cantina' locations with booze

Both a Chicago and San Francisco location applied for liquor licenses earlier this year and it will apparently be part of Taco Bell's new Cantina restaurants, which will consist of tapas-style appetizers, tech savvy experiences, no drive-thrus, and yes, booze.

We've been tracking Taco Bell's boozy endeavors and its Chicago location will officially launch September 22, with the San Francisco location set to launch soon after.

Trying to connect with younger folks, Taco Bell said an urban concept is the perfect way to do so:

"These new restaurants are a critical part of our growth strategy in markets where people experience our brand differently. "

The Taco Bell Cantinas will also use eco-friendly LED lighting, will have an open kitchen so you can see all the fun workers are having making your Chalupa, and digital menus for you to order from.

Taco-Bell-Cantina-Wicker-PR-02.jpg

cantina-tapas.jpg

i'd hit it up

VscJUnb.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Taco Bell introduces new BOSS Nachos

In October we saw the introduction of BOSS Wraps (I reviewed the Steak & Potato version) and now we get BOSS Nachos. There doesn’t seem to be much of a difference between BOSS Nachos and XXL Steak Nachos. Triple steak versus double steak I guess? XXL is out and BOSS is in.

New BOSS Nachos feature a double portion of meat, beans, guacamole, reduced fat sour cream, nacho cheese sauce, pico de gallo and a 3 cheese blend. The promoted version has a double portion of steak and carries a suggested price of $5.99. You can it with chicken for $5.79 or seasoned beef for $4.99.

Nutrition info for the advertised steak version: 1130 calories, 57 grams of fat, 10 grams of saturated fat, 1990 milligrams of sodium, 116 grams of carbs, 16 grams of fiber, 6 grams of sugar, 38 grams of protein.

WuccK2n.jpg

KWl6pqT.jpg

• 2 weeks later...