Hondo's Bar

Best Epic Series

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Han Solo was the comic relief in the first trilogy, but they filled the void with Jar Jar. Let's try some parallels:

Excuse me mame, can I trade it this 8 pound Maine lobster for a bucket of month-old fish heads with a side of old shoe laces.

Excuse me, can we turn off Fight Club and watch Snow Dogs!

Everybody else try some!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats just sad if you ask me, i mean Jedi, as a religion, get a life shit heads!

To me the First Matrix was better than the two prequels combined,

Also i've nearly finished the two towers, and this one, will (don't quote me on that ) make a better film than the first, (Fellowship) at least thats what i think!!

I doubt most of those people take the Jedi thing seriously. Probably just atheists and agnostic who just want to have a little fun messing with data. Still, they might be serious. I love star wars, but it's not religion. Now the simpsons, that's a religion! Calvin and Hobbes, that's a religion!

Have to agree with you on teh matrix/prequels thing.

As far as the Two Towers movie is concerned, I think that they shouldn't divide the movie in half and have the one story in the first half and the other story in the second half of the movie. They should go back and forth between the two stories. I could probably find out online if that's how they're doing it, but I've given up and reading movie spoilers. I'm on the second chapter of Return of the King. SOF, if you think The Two Towers in good now, want til you get to the last two chapters. I'm not spoiling anything, but they rocked!

I got a few chapters left of the Two Towers, and i think that it should flick from the two halves to each of them in the film, but its pretty cool!

KoS: Yeah i will lend you both the fellowship, and the two towers, i got the three of them for €20, so that ain't too bad, considering they usually retail for about €9 each! Also got the hobbit, i will read that after LOTR. But its a damn good read!!

:pimp:

Well from what i've read, most of the Hobbit refernces seem to be in The Fellowship, and now i've started Return of the King, and Jack, those last two fucking chapters were excellent, fucking can't wait for the film now!! :D

Oh out of those Kevin Smith films i've only seen Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike back, and most of Chasing Amy. Still dogma is cool tho!! :D :D :silentbob:

LOTR superfans suspect the next two will get the best film nominations just like the first one, but I've hear dthe reason FOTR didn't win is because many academy members don't want the three movies winning three years in a row and the consensus is that if you're gonna vote for one of them at all, it'll be for the last one. So unless some incredible film comes around 2003 that changes film forever, i think the 2003 best film is a lock.

Very true. I'm just saying it seems a little odd for someone (not you, but these rabid Tolkien/Jackson superfans that we're talking about, here) to be making such lofty predictions about a film they've yet to see. I've heard some great things about Scorsese's Gangs of New York, and it looks incredible, but should anyone be saying it'll be a nominee for the oscar, much less a shoe-in, before they even see it?

To say that they know a film will win may be crazy, but I think we all have a good idea of what 2T adn ROTK will be like. All of these movies were filmed together, like they were one film, and we've seen how Jackson has stayed as close to the source material as the medium and time constraints allow. We've seen how well the vast majority of the characters are handled by the actors/actresses portraying them. If you've read all of LOTR, you pretty much know from watching FOTR how the other two will pan out.

Maybe you do; this guy could show me his dog takin multiple shits on an ant pile for a few hours & call it "Two Towers" for all i know, i aint seen the movie yet. As for Oscars, id never put any real $ down on em, they suprise me alla time (did anyone see Gladiator doin as well as it did?).

I definitely saw Gladiator doing well. the oscars love epic, especially historical epic. Braveheart could have been half the film it was and still gotten best picture because the acedemy's predisposition to the historical epic. I would have sworn that Spakespeare in Love getting nominateed was some sort of typigraphical error right until it got best picture. I swore I thought "it must have been some intern's joke by typing that on the card at the nominatee accouncement thing and the acedemy was going to save face and just go along with it." But then it won! We can all say that we don't care for the oscars as much as we want, but everyone of us knows we all get a thrill when as film we really like and think deserves recognition gets an award. I always find it ironic that one of the best years Hollywood had, 1999, is the year that they actually picked the best film, American Beauty. I did personaly like Fight Club, The Matrix, and Election better, but I know that they aren't oscar type movies.

Why am I talking about Oscars?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the next two LOTR movie will end up looking and feeling like they are the same movie as FOTR.